Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eartheater tank

Eartheater tank

There's altifrons, pindare, peruvian angels, blue rams and leucosticta. Close to getting a locality ID on the altfrons aswell.

Medium Discus
    What size tank are they in?

Dave

awesome! are the green horseface of breeding age?

They are in a 6x2x2. The leucosticta have bred before no fry though. I've only had them a couple of days and will have a go at spawning them.

i would get the green horseface breeding asap!

Not sure what its like up north but there are none down here and everyone is jumping up and down for greens!

Most of the people I talk to say they mainly come from melb These ones originally came from melb, I talked to a pet store and they said they get them from melb, there's a swirly face variant being bred in melb

Just an Egg
    Ozarowana.. You have inspired me.. or should I say your tank has..
    I sold all of my discus because I thought we were moving.. Sadly due to the economy it won't be for awhile now. Luckily I kept my 12o gallon 4x2x2 tank running with an adult koi angel, some rummynoses and bns. Then I rescued a possible pair of gold severums and added them to the mix plus a small sev rott (redshoulder). Silly me I never had sevs before and next morning all 30 rummynoses were gone. So I was looking for something else for the tank and added 4 pearl gouramis. Everyone is getting along well but the tank is missing something.
    I love your tank.. Do you think I could add in some geos.. if so how many and which knid.. I've already done bolivians and was thinking geo tapajos or geo steini if I can get any...
    I use 2 xp3s for filtration and 82 temp and ph is about 6.8. I do 50% waterchanges at least once a week as its a leftover habit from the discus. I miss the discus and will have them again in the future but now the geos have gotten to me.
    Do you think a sev (they are mellow and I don't think they will breed as they are damaged with only rays instead of gill fins and they have been together for 1 1/2 years at least) and geo mix can work?? is the 120 gallon too small because of the 4 ft footprint??
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am quickly becoming a fan. Not sure which ones I can get here in the states either. Thanks so much Sue. .
    120gal koi angel , baby angels, rams and orangehead geos
    29 gal angel , bn, red tailed shark and black skirts

Geos should be fine with sevs and you should be able to just get about any type. Worth looking at Satanoperca species too.

Just an Egg
    Hi there.. Thanks for the info Ozarrowana..
    Love your tank. See you also have blue rams in there.. Any issues between them and the geos?? Do you think my sevs would see them as lunch?? I am thinking loosing the gourami and having sevs, geos and blue rams plus of course my angel.. Do you think the footprint of the tank (120 gallon 4x2x2)is too small for the combo?? Thanks Sue
    120gal koi angel , baby angels, rams and orangehead geos
    29 gal angel , bn, red tailed shark and black skirts

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQ
    See you also have blue rams in there.. Any issues between them and the geos?? Do you think my sevs would see them as lunch??
    I've never kept sevs but my big altifrons ate a few of the rams when they were smaller. I had to move them to another tank to grow out.

A 4x2x2 should be enough room. Make sure you get a small group of eartheaters as it disperses aggression and they do a lot better.