Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snake Skin

Snake Skin

What type of snake skin do I have? An educated guess on its sex would be great too. Tha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ss_877.jpg  

SS

more photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ss_1.jpg  

SS

last one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ss_2.jpg  

It was presumed that it was the female of pr that I bought a while back ago, but since then iv only gotten up to the egg stage, no wriggles as of yet. I think i may have 2 females. Oh well back to the community tank they go

Medium Discus
    you cant really tell the sex at this age,looks like a young fish,i think something between 9-14 month,i would wait a while and let them grow before start breeding.

nice fish

would you recommend another 6 months in the community tank?

hi Fat discus you have a nice young fish there it has a lot of growing to do though . the colour will come out more .it has a good shape . put it back in the community tank for a while and try again in about 6 months or so . it will get better you will see .

Just as I was typing the second post and planing to move them back into the community tank, they spawned!!!!. Yippy!!! This time I had the pleasure of watching them spawned. I watched them do there trial run up the pot plant and eventually the female (photo above) layed it eggs. The so thought partner a blue snake skin thought to be a female as well followed her closely as she layed her eggs. Is it possable that two females can go through courtship? I guess ill have to wait and see if I get wriggles this time. Fingers crossed

Back to my first question, Any chance one of you guys can tell me what type of snake skin my fish is

tha

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Gorgeous fish! Yo are very lucky to have them, what do you plan to feed them?