A little help please =]

Gday,
    i need some help from you DIY nuts like myself.

im right in the middle of making a breeding set up consisting of 2 breeding tanks and a sump.

i already have my stand made and just finishing drilling holes and installing lights. i have the tanks and the sump here ready to go i just need some help/ oppinions on what pump i should get to filter the system and what size holes to drill in the tanks for plumbing?

a bit of info:

the 2 breeding tanks are 920mm x 380mm x 450mm (each holds approx 157L and together hold about 314L).

the sump is 920mm x 460mm x 460mm and matrix style.

so the 3 tanks without any plkumbing hold around 510L of water.

what i need oppinions on is:

* what pump size to get, ill be ordering from ASA so if you want just let me know what model you think
    * what size holes i need to drill in the 2 tanks for plumbing

if anyone could shed some light on this i would appreciate it. this will be my first time having a system like this so i want to get it right the first time. i dont want the carpet in my new house getting wet haha. and money being wasted.

thanks in advance!
    David
    DF.com Resident Cool Guy

Medium Discus
    i would suggest a pump that turns over the water volume twice each hour , so in your case around 1000lph

the simplest answer on the plumbing is to have the same size piping up(from the pump to the tanks) as you have on the return/down side

this means you have twice the capacity for return water

andrew
    i never found any exact rules for the plumbing when making my first little system and can understand how wanting to get it right is imortant

Larvae
    i wldnt go anything smaller than a 3/4 inch hole in the tanks just in case u wish to add on tankes later and get a bigger pump.

Medium Discus
    what did you do in the end david?

andrew