Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blue Diamond Discus

Water storage containers > 100 litres

Saturday proved frustrating spending 3 hours driving/walking from shops looking for large(ish) water storage containers ...

1. Large Bunnings in St Leonards (Sydney) ... on a hot tip from within these forums that 150, 200 and 300 litre storage water bins can be obtained here (at a Bunnings ... I assume all the large ones carry same stock ... maybe wrong ?) , the staff told me that they no longer carried this item .

2. a few non eventual shops here (water place, mitre ten).

3. Big W ... now a small version found here ...a "willow camper can 25 l".

Too small, so I ended up getting a 65 litres plastic storage thing which will temporily do. What I am really after is something in the range of 100 - 300 litres.

Note:Often recommended solution whilst on the travels ... use a wheelie bin ... but the wife would kill me having one these eye sores in the house.
    Dave

In regards to Bunnings, you need to go out the back... where they have the trade stock.

Due to the size of the Bins, they are kept outside, and I have found at the local Bunnings where they ended up having 50+ on hand, every member of staff in the store said they dont stock them.

I have to go there tomorrow arvo after work, I will get a stock number and availability for you

what about the bath as a storage vessal LOL

that will keep the CEO happy

if not use a 44gal drum, put it in the garage or laundry and use a pump with 13mm clear poly to refill tanks.
    RYAN --- DIY ROCKS!

Blue Diamond Discus
    thanks Proteus, that will be great. I transferred my fish to the 4 ft this weekend, and am starting to do water changes ... best thing I did was get the outside hose setup and dragged through the house when required to do bin refills ... saves a few bucket trips to the basin. Doing this for 2 storage bins in different locations in the house. Back breaker before.

I will do a trip down south if required to get the storage containers ... nice drive and will pop into Xtreme ... want to see some nice cichlids

Kaleb, my mrs went into histerics when she read the CEO post. Haha.
    Dave

My CEO saw it a slapped me LOL

do not fool yourself to think otherwize

we are but a vessel for thier wishes ( as she grabs me by the b...... )
    RYAN --- DIY ROCKS!

oh, you do have a b...rain...

lol

(walked into that one)

it was actually the b......ack of my head LOL
    RYAN --- DIY ROCKS!

Dave, I didnt get to Bunnings this afternoon, hopefully tomorrow I will get out of work a bit earlier and check it out for you...

Just an Egg
    I brought a 120 litre water storage container + lid with a tap on the bottom from Bunnings in Alexandria. They call it a Water Butt. It's avaliable in black only and made of heavy duty plastic. Cost about $95 bucks.

Go to any Bunning stores in the gardening section (it's where all the compost bins are).

Blue Diamond Discus
    Thanks, I was at Bunnings last night getting some tap attachments to connect a garden hose to my laundry tap, and again enquiried about storage bins. They told me the St Leonards store, which is huge is too small to have a 'yard', and pointed me in the directions of one of the larger stores.
    Dave