Thread: lost a fish

lost a fish

well i just lost a fish it is some thing that doesnt happen here at my place very much infact i have only lost three fish in 2 years ,so good odds at my place, and 1 was a jumper so only 2 too illness, how ever this one got me stumped yestrday this guy was swimming with everyone else and this morn when i woke up he was at the top of the tank labering for breath.head up so after a test of all water .i did a water change yesterday ,all test were good .but i got home this afternoon and he was gone .and ill black i did start a treatment of octozin last night .thinking it may have been worms as he looked a little full to me .any way thats life or death but here is a pic of happier days
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_fuji-dscf0851_dscf0851_155.jpg   100_fuji-dscf0851_dscf0851_155.jpg  

That's such a shame Scott. I know you love your fish, and you look after them very well.

I wish I could offer you some explanation, but I have no idea what caused the problem, especially as he was okay just a few hours earlier.

He was a very pretty fish
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

thanks merrilyn like i said i have seen some things with fish getting sick but this one wow it just hit . it was in a community tank too with 12 other and they are ok so i dont know this one , but i will treat them for worms any way and just keep an eye on them . it was a pretty fish but i do have one other just like it , still take it hard though

SnakeSkin Discus
    very nice looking fish Scott, sorry for ur loss

Wrigglers

Illness

Sorry to hear it Scott - it is always hard when you lose a fish
    I have had similar experiences, and in the end I could only really put it down to the something in the water - we'll never know.
    Elvira

Scott it jumped out because of a reaction to the medication. drop the water level, or cover the tank when medicating with anything strong. i had a very similar fish jump out this month the one in the critique section

thanks for the support guys we will keep on keeping on . no samir this guy died in the tank the last one jumped out .

Wrigglers

Loss

Sorry to hear that Scott - it looked like such a beautiful little thing.

DEL