Larvae

Quick easy breeding feeder fish?

Does anyone know of a fish that I could breed quick & easy...like stick some in an aquarium and let em rip....so I could use the young to feed to my discus?

GUPPIES!!!!!!, i breed them up to feed my turtle, new young every 1-2 weeks.

most livebearers

Larvae
    Guppies, yes, but don't they eat their young, so I would have to catch the females & put em in a breeder thingo?

to be honest my guppy breeder tank is a grow out tank for my baby rare echinodorus plants (1x2x1.5 eheim 2213 no gravel just ~10-14 pots VERY HIGH LIGHT and CO2 24C) and is very densly planted, I've never sperated parents from young and still have more then I can deal with. I think guppies can be left with their young my 3 breeding females are always pregnant and the young grow up fast

go down to the local creek and get some gambiza or mozy fish they are in every water way up here in nsw. just catch a heap and put them in a clean tank for a few days so they clean up a bit then go for it. but just a note why do you want to feed live fish to your discus. they may get to like it and if you breed then it may be a prob

Larvae
    Guppies are easy as to breed.

Sometimes the parents will eat the young but they have soo many a few losses doesn't really matter.

I have them in a pond and they have multiplied rapidly.

Re: Quick easy breeding feeder fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill T
    so I could use the young to feed to my discus?
    didn't read that part a trip to the supermarket with a printout of Ladyred's recipe will be the way to go. alternate that with frozen bloodworm , brine shrimp , mysis shrimp, MAC's flake food and you wont need anything else.

Medium Discus
    i wouldnt take anything out of lakes or creeks you can get bad things with it like the carp lice