Thread: help plz

Hi, I'm New Here!

help plz

ok so i just got my first 2 discus i put them both in the tank and it was fine then they swam around 2 hours later i gave them some blood worms and they both went for them but then they started knipping eachother end result one bullying the other into the top corner of my tank hes not moving everytime he does the other charges at him and keeps hitting him any help would be much appciated ty
    new too discus

you may have to buy some more this may stop them from bullying they are a school fish in larger numbers the less likely to bully .it always good to have around 6 fish .

San Merah Discus
    Cha ching..... it only gets worse from here lol!
    MAC

Larvae
    I found this out with my angels when I was breeding them or just keeping them for the fun of it. Two will be a problem, a school of them not as much. I don't like to see fish picking on each other as it bothers me.

Since I don't have a huge tank and Discus are not readily available and their price....yikes they are dear here, I only have the one.

I find this is what works for me but if you have the room a school of them is sure pretty....

Good luck....

Two discus in a tank will always fight for dominance Billy. If you can add a third fish, a bigger one than the original two, it should help.

Other wise you may need to consider getting a divider for your tank.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Hi, I'm New Here!
    ok thnx guys umm i think i might wait it out a little bit longer other then that yah one has always kinda picked on the other and a tank divider might be my best solution because larger discus tend to get priced 80 plus tax lookin at what i paid for both of mine soo i think ill just wait a bit longer it seems that they're fine together when not feeding when the light is off aswell they seem good the one doesnt pick on as much but once feeding comes in the bullying starts so avoiding that is some what hard so i just might go with the divider for now and maybe purchase a larger tank in the near futurebut thx again guys your replys are helpful
    new too discus

Just an Egg

More Discus

I think you might want to consider getting 2 more. That might help.

Just an Egg

More Discus

I think you might want to consider getting 2 more. That might help.

Larvae
    You are very lucky to only spend $80.00 for a large Discus. Here in Canada we pay......are you ready......$250.00-350.00 for large Discus. The young small ones sell here at all three of our LFS for $50.00 each. So now you know why I only have one small one.

Plus I know what 2 of them would do in a tank like ladyred said, they just fight. Been there and done that with my angels.

Good luck with your fish......