PDA

View Full Version : Odd Questions..

Annie
Mon Sep 13, 2004, 01:53 AM
As I have mentioned in a few other posts, I got a 180 tank at the beginning of the summer. I am just now starting to really go through the boxes...The previous owner had used the set up to breed Discus for about 10-12 years...Since I have had it, I haven't set it up, and I have boxes of miscellanous stuff they came with the tank.
In the boxes were lots of pumps, a Tetra one, a Natures Whisper and another one...what in the world would one do with so many pumps? There is a wet /dry filtration as well as a Magnum canister....bottles of "Natural Colors"....by Jungle...is this anything anyone has used with a Discus tank?
And then there is this itty bitty baggie of long burnt orange pellets...what in the world do you think these are? And I have soooooo many different intake tubes....what would they all be used for? :shock:

Escher
Mon Sep 13, 2004, 05:43 AM
Any pics Annie?
It would make identification easier!

Annie
Mon Sep 13, 2004, 06:04 AM
yes, I know pics would help. But as I mentioned in the last post replyingot you, my digi is still packed away. We just moved a couple of months ago, and with workin g full time and school fulltime..a family well, lets justsay, that officeis not all unpacked..

But thanks for your reply. :)

kalebjarrod
Mon Sep 13, 2004, 10:28 AM
instead of replying to my reply why not unpack? LOL

Annie
Mon Sep 13, 2004, 03:25 PM
Very fuuny..because it was at the time very late int he evening and I was just not up to it...besides, I have to have shelves out up so I have places to out all that I unpack....Hubby needs to get busy!! :lol:

flukes
Mon Sep 13, 2004, 03:33 PM
You know what i really will help your progress, buying a new discus.. Well not really but it would be nice... :?

Merrilyn
Mon Sep 13, 2004, 05:58 PM
Annie - take no notice. The boys just think they are being funny. Now if us girls put our heads together, I think we can give you at least a couple of decent filters. First toss out the bottle of Jungle stuff and the orange beads. They sound nasty. Next, I think a trip to the local fish store is in order so you can have a look at some of those pumps still in their boxes. That should at least give you an idea of what goes with what. You will probably find that the air pumps have been replaced over the years, and the old ones never thrown out, so check them for output and noise. The Magnum sounds good. I seem to remember reading about them in TFH magazine. See if they have a website where you can get more info. Good luck. Moving is a horrible job, and you feel like you will never get organized, so get hubby moving on those shelves.
HTH

flukes
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 03:28 PM
What would we do without you gals???.........

Was going too be a follow up comment but thought twice. :wink:

Annie
Thu Oct 14, 2004, 04:42 AM
Boy I am delayed in this post...
I did not get a notification...
Sorry!

And Flukes...what would we do with out you??? :)
and feel free to comment, anytime.... :P :wink:
And I will have more Discus here in the next few months...I cannot wait. :lol:
ladyred
:D you would be proud of me...
Okay, so here goes with what I did, I tossed all the jungle crap!! And the orange bead tabs, what ever they were....
And I do not have all the parts for the magnum, so I am sending it off to a friend for spare parts for his, and the wet/dry stuff, I am shipping that to him too.
I went through the air pumps, and only one worked. But there was this huge pump that I think went to the wet/dry, that is going to my friend also.

flukes
Thu Oct 14, 2004, 04:18 PM
Sounds like you got things sorted. Great soon we can see the plates!!

And what would you do without men?? Its called a vibrat....... :wink:

Annie
Tue Oct 19, 2004, 06:00 AM
Sounds like you got things sorted. Great soon we can see the plates!!

And what would you do without men?? Its called a vibrat....... :wink:
:? Huum....**Annie act's the blonde that she is...went right over her head** :P :wink:

Annie
Tue Oct 19, 2004, 06:05 AM
Oh, and I know I have asked this previously, but how do you measure a Discus?? My explaination of size is only the size they were when I got them, which is the size of a US quarter.