PDA

View Full Version : Rules!

benjohnson
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 08:58 AM
Hello,

According to the rule .. 40 litres per 1 adult discus....

What size fish deems a "Adult Discus" ? I know I need to buy a bigger tank for my fish... just dont know how big and how soon ! Presently mine are all 2 - 2.5 inches .....

Cheers
Ben

scott bowler
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 09:45 AM
hey ngo all out ben go the 10ft x 2.5x2.5 ft like lady red then you can have heaps of fish

benjohnson
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 09:50 AM
I wish I had the room !
The most I could muster would be 6 ft .... but I am concerned about the weight on the floor boards , so may have to look into reinforcing the floor if I go that big

benjohnson
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 09:51 AM
Also, if discus has a "litre per fish" allowance, what's the allowance for 10 Glowlights, couple of Botia Loaches and a Plecco ??

scott bowler
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 09:55 AM
yeah i had to do that in my last house ,6 ft is good are going to get one made or standed ,its nicer to have 6x2x2 or something like that it holds a lot of water but you can make them up realy nice with plants and things just have a look at some of the big tanks on this forum ,but it all about space like you said ,i have a 5x20x18 tank as a display tank in my home at the moment and i would love to go bigger and like you dont have the room

benjohnson
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 09:58 AM
I will probbaly buy one ready made... either a Juwel rio 400 or I saw this one at my LFS which had 480 litres which was really nice

*Chris*
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 10:26 AM
just grab a stud finder
run it aloung the floor and position the legs of the stand directly on those studs
that is the strongest part of any house .
if you get a cabinet just make sure the corners of the cabinet are on the studs

benjohnson
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 10:29 AM
Ok cool - thanks for info about tank , I will definately be looking to upgrade it soon I think , will post some pics when I do ....

Still need to know what constitutes an adult discus though ;-)