PDA

View Full Version : Osmonics Solo R/O unit

Oqsy_
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 01:50 AM
This is a 60 gph (yes, gallons per HOUR) unit that was basically given to me by the hospital I work for once they got a more up to date unit. I was using it for my water changes, but decided long ago that my tap water is just fine for all the plants and fish I want to keep without R/O treatment. This is a POWERFUL unit that is on its own rolling cart with a water softener, large carbon canister, a cartridge filter, and the main pump and R/O unit. Monitors TDS of permeate and alarms when TDS levels become elevated and new membranes are needed. In perfect working order, but could use some new membranes and carbon. This unit is designed for hemodialysis and produces large quantities of very pure water. The size, noise, weight, and price of this item make it more practical for an institution like a zoo / aquarium or someone with a LARGE display tank, as it is just too bulky and powerful to justify buying for a small tank. but, I'm putting it out there just in case someone is in the market ;) please pm for more info, and as for shipping, fine with me if you want to pay shipping on something that weighs about as much as a golf cart, otherwise we'll have to work something out! :D

serious inquiries only, this is not a residential undersink unit, and will not be *cheap* to maintain, but that all depends on the quality of the membranes you use as replacements.

Oqsy

p.s. here's a link to some more info on the unit, starting with a diagram of the flow setup:
Section 2.0 - Kidney Dialysis (http://www.osmonics.com/products/Page976.htm)

edit: oops ;)
I'm in Jonesboro, AR USA

Merrilyn
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 03:03 AM
Welcome to the forum Oqsy.

Kindly advise your location, as requested in the posting guidelines for Classifieds.