PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea C02 Pro System, any thoughts ?

diveboy
Mon Nov 27, 2006, 02:05 PM
Is this a good system for a c02 beginner ? (assuming it's better than the DIY bottle system going wrong)

http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=2063

is there anything else other than a bottle that I need ? I'm intending to use this on a 290L planted discus tank.

thanks

Michael.

Proteus
Mon Nov 27, 2006, 09:26 PM
Michael, all you need to add to this is any standard type C02 bottle and you have a great system.

It includes a high precision regulator, powered diffusor and all the other bits needed...

wobbles
Mon Nov 27, 2006, 10:41 PM
I have the needle valve from that system. Its great. You can make the smallest adjustments.

Im not sure that the powered diffuser would be up to a 290l tank though. I would lean toward making my own from pvc. But it will do the job until you get the hang of it.

diveboy
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 09:54 AM
thanks guys, it's on my shopping list now.

wonder if my 80 steel dive tank would be an option.... (joking, no way would it fit under the tank).

Robdog
Thu Nov 30, 2006, 10:47 PM
Can this system be fitted with a switch to shut it off at night when the lights go out?

Proteus
Thu Nov 30, 2006, 10:51 PM
Can this system be fitted with a switch to shut it off at night when the lights go out?

You would need to add a solenoid valve for that.

Robdog
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 07:00 AM
In relation to this kit where does the solenoid fit in?

Robdog
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 07:03 AM
Sorry for going back to basics here.

diveboy
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 07:09 AM
I was going to second where does it plug in and what one should I get ?

and how does one control it ? just off a 240volt timer ?

Proteus
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 07:12 AM
Actually, most solenoids connect straight to the C02 bottle... which wont work in this situation.

Let me do some digging for an inline solenoid...

ASA
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 12:45 PM
Red Sea do have an inline solenoid which we can order in.

It is almost as much as the entire C02 kit....

$149.95 although if you are buying the Pro System we can arrange a slightly better price.

http://www.redseafish.com/Product.asp?dir=&catID=112&subID=64&proID=288

Solenoid for automating dosing of CO2

Too much CO2 can reduce the pH in an aquarium to levels that are stressful for fish. For the safe use of CO2 it is highly recommended to automate the CO2 system with either a simple time switch or by a pH controller. The in-line solenoid Control Valve connects the CO2 system with either of these devices.

Includes both a hose barb with lock nut for in-line connection on the CO2 tubing and a standard 1/8” thread for direct connection to a pressure reducer.

· Low working temperature
· Low (2W) power consumption
· Connects to time switches or pH controllers
· Suitable for all CO2 systems
· Easy installation

Robdog
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 11:40 PM
Without getting the solenoid or a ph controller can it be as simple as turning the CO2 off manually??

Proteus
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 11:43 PM
That will work... :wink:

cheap option as well lol

Robdog
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 11:44 PM
Or just running an airstone at night?