PDA

View Full Version : wondering the name of it

hhzfish
Sat Nov 25, 2006, 10:27 AM
Hi all, what we call these discus in English, they are without any gene from pigeon blood. Some one told me they come from brown discus, is this saying correct?

scott bowler
Sat Nov 25, 2006, 10:35 AM
hi hhzfish
we call them rose reds well that is what it looks like to me or some people will call them San Merah. but they are very nice fish are they yours

scott bowler
Sat Nov 25, 2006, 10:39 AM
i have one like it here ill show you a pic

hhzfish
Sat Nov 25, 2006, 10:46 AM
they are not mine, i picked up this photo from a chinese discus forum, but i had been keeping two younger ones like this years ago in China, 5cm large they were, they developed very well shape on purchase. And i visited a local breeder who keep these they are exactly same as those in the picture, they are really huge fish and of course expensive, many Chinese people like those colour, brilliant really!

scott bowler
Sat Nov 25, 2006, 10:49 AM
they are i havent see a big one as of yet but i am hoping that my little guy will get there fingers crossed

hhzfish
Sat Nov 25, 2006, 10:57 AM
a nice fish, hope you get it turning fine asap, and i think what we had in both pic are fish with well refined gene, 'cause i saw a genetic nearly fish which has a apparent bar crossing eyes, people call them "money emissary" if its name is translated directly from chinese, funny, personally i think they are minor stream in genotype but those two in pics are already top in terms of gene.

DiscusEden
Sat Nov 25, 2006, 11:23 AM
So is a San Merah with the black ring around it the same as a rose red? Do they develop a black ring around their fins?

Thanks for the clarification!

DiscusEden

scott bowler
Sat Nov 25, 2006, 11:28 AM
you may have to ask ladyred that one she is up to date with all of those things she'll be able to tell you she is a wealth of knowledged

mcloughlin2
Sat Nov 25, 2006, 11:01 PM
A Rose red that has a bar through their eye is a average quality fish. They can also develop a a black ring around their fins, but this is frowned upon in the show ring.

A San merah is red with a white face. They show little or no peppering (They have pigeon genes) and they should show no bar on their body.

HTH