PDA

View Full Version : What disucs are these? and several more newbie questions :)

Patson
Fri Nov 24, 2006, 06:07 AM
Hey all! :D I am new to this forum and sorta new to Discus too..
I bought a couple of Discus last yr and introduce them into my 120G community tank. I got several newbie questions :P (please goto my website for photos) http://www.geocities.com/patsonluk/ :

1. What discus are these? 3 of them are the blue one (I call them Blue discus) another 4 got 7 black bands on them..

2. Is it possible for Discus to spawn on gravel or the back of the tank? (like blue rams) My tank got no flat surface...the driftwood is covered with java moss and no large sword plant... :(

3. The water temp now is 27c, would that be OK? (would Discus spawns at 26-27c water?) I know Discus generally requies 28+ to be comfortable, but my father is quite reluctant to raise the temperture as other water plants might not tolerate such a high temp (29+). I met another Discus expert (where I bought my 4 little discus) and he told me 25+ is enough...I am confused...

4. The little ones we got were at 2cm when we bought them like 6 months ago. They are now around 4cm. Is it too slow? Does that have anything to do with the water temp?

5. Could I breed Discus in this community tank given the current setting? (please visit my page and click tank for information :D )

Many thanks in advance! This is really a great forum and some Discus pictures are just plain fabulous ! :o