PDA

View Full Version : filter with uv built in

scott bowler
Thu Nov 23, 2006, 09:48 AM
any one know any thing or much about this the consept seems good but dose it work ? i have seen them on ebay and just dont know any thing about them and if they are any good can ASA get them ? :wink:

valk
Thu Nov 23, 2006, 11:26 AM
Hi, Scott
I got one of those canister filter with built in UV. I think it is useless as the UV is on the intake and the UV glasses chamber is thin. My glass cracked after a while and fill the UV chamber with water. Lucky it did not short the circuit out. The model I got is the Sunsun HW-303B + Built in 9 watt UV Sterilizer.

scott bowler
Thu Nov 23, 2006, 11:36 AM
thanks valk i was just checking it out to see if there was any good feed back onthe thing the consept is a good one i think but seeing if it works thanks mate

valk
Thu Nov 23, 2006, 12:10 PM
I thought it was a great concept that why I got one to try. Overall it was good filter very quiet and good filtration, appart from few suction clips that also broke during normal use. Just disappointed when the UV glass chamber cracked after a month and quality of the parts.
I saw on ebay the new model 2800LPH with 11w built in UV, looks promising as from the pictures on the box showing the water is passing through the UV on the way out. But still made by the same company as my current one. Just hope the UV glass chamber is bit thicker on that model.