PDA

View Full Version : It's amazing what a little CO2 can do

Merrilyn
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 08:15 AM
A few months ago a very lovely friend gave me a computerised CO2 system for my birthday (thankyou taksan honey 8-) )

Well it took a few months to get it up and running :oops: but it's now been working for the last two weeks. The growth has been amazing :shock: Just have a look at this ........................

Merrilyn
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 08:23 AM
more...

scott bowler
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 08:24 AM
thats very nice merrilyn is that a red lotus in the front al the plants look awesome you should put up a before pic

*Chris*
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 08:25 AM
hmmm i wonder if the tank maitenance has anything to do with it LOL
the co2 system on that beauty is awesome
took me a while to set the bugger of a thing up
(dont make it easy bloody germans LOL)
but man that tank rocks
i was taking nearly half of those plants out a month and planting them into others and i dont think we are going to be keeping up anymore seeing as only a week had past and the plants are growing through the hood
chris

Merrilyn
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 08:33 AM
Yes Scott, it is a Red Tiger Lotus, and it's going nuts. There are 12 large apple snails in there too. I'm the undisputed queen of overfeeding, so the snails tidy up my heavy handed feeding. Never touched a plant :lol:

*Chris*
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 08:39 AM
queen ha
they have named a new greek goddess after you
cough cough the apple snails are not the only thing thats cleans up LOL
* heads for the hills ladyred in chase with the broom *

Merrilyn
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 09:01 AM
Hmmmm Chris, did I tell you I need all the filter media cleaned on the ten footer this week. :twisted:

On all 5 of the big canister filters.

And we know how much you love doing filters :x

scott bowler
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 09:02 AM
thats great merrilyn that lotus is very nice as is the whole tank and your work dosent go unnoted we got your head in one of the pics merrilyn put up with the ten footer

*Chris*
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 10:01 AM
bugger
bloody filters
grrrr
yes my work doesnt go unnoticed trust me im only playing it has taken a very long while to get her highness to understand her heavy handed tactics when it come to feeding hahahahah LOL
but you gotta love her
and her fish are as happy as larry
with love
unhappy filter cleaner

Bad Inferno
Thu Nov 23, 2006, 07:51 AM
Wondering why your running pH so low....your kh must be really low....what CO2 ppm do you calculate it to be running.

cheers

len
Thu Nov 23, 2006, 03:53 PM
Hi

I do not have money for a CO2 computer at the moment so when for a manual presurised system, how many bubles per minutes should i strart with? kH is 3 and PH 6.5

I also do not have a autoswitchoff at night. Is this nessasery?

This is my discus tank, so very worried i will kill them!

OscarManAlpha
Thu Nov 23, 2006, 10:18 PM
I take it the gravel vacuum rarely sees the light of day……….

The tank looks great.

Cheers,

Mark

Merrilyn
Fri Nov 24, 2006, 01:59 AM
No discus in this tank. Just my colony of home bred Betta macrostomas. These guys come from very acid water, hence the extremely low pH.

BTW this is the only breeding colony of macrostomas in Australia. They are a mouthbrooding betta, and have very small spawns, around 10 fry at a time. I have raised 94 fry from the original wild caught pair, ( and they are still spawning ) something of a world record I believe.

Roy
Fri Nov 24, 2006, 02:09 AM
<pats LR on the back>
hmm rare fish, good to see your getting some good stock going.
Are you planning on getting some other bloodlines in to strengthen them up ?

Roy

PS. The tank looks great !

Merrilyn
Fri Nov 24, 2006, 03:20 AM
I imported a second pair just a couple of months ago. Younger than my original pair, so they are still getting their act together as far as breeding goes. They have spawned three times already, and the male is currently holding a mouthfull of eggs.

Fingers crossed.

Roy
Fri Nov 24, 2006, 05:12 AM
Ahh cool :D
Discus laid eggs again yesterday <twiddles thumbs> see if they are still there tonight....

Roy

Merrilyn
Fri Nov 24, 2006, 01:55 PM
Fish have a great way of bringing you down to earth, don't they :lol: :lol: