PDA

View Full Version : EOI Apistos

Xtreme
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 07:42 AM
Hello all,

We are looking at importing a range of Apistos for the fanatics out there, I would like to hear from you all, of what types you are after.
Post your species here, and I will let you know next week what are available and when they will be available!

Cheers!
Bec

*Chris*
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 08:04 AM
bec i think if you get a few of them all they will sell any appisto nut
will buy anything if they look good

rainbow
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 11:22 AM
It all comes down to cost I think. Appisto prices in the last year or so seem to have gone through the roof. At $50, $60 and $70 a pair, many of us have lost interest. I certainly would be interest in any appsito species with nice colour, depending on prices.

Robdog
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 11:45 AM
I'll second what Chris said. If they are good quality and good size then they should walk out the door.
Just a suggestion for some starters, A. borelli Opal, A. nijjseni or A. panduro, A. eremnopyge and A. trifasciata and of course some aggies and cacs. If these all sell well then maybe some of the harder to find apisto's like maulbruter, wilhelmi, diplotaenia etc

At the moment I'd settle for ANY apisto male as all mine seem to hate me and die. :cry:

Th0mas
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 12:22 PM
Apisto prices can really varies - that's because due to the difficulty in captive breeding as well as the low yield. Also due to their sizes, they don't tend to last long over several generations without any new blood into the breeding stock.

For a $50 pair, you should be able to obtain some good quality import agassizi or cacatoides from a shop. Anything less, you'll expect to be compromising on quality. Unless more people gets involve in the breeding game and commit to an agree practice in bloodline control, otherwise it is unlikely the price will come down for good quality stock.

Thomas.

*Chris*
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 12:39 PM
well im on a mission
good things will be on there way
trust me LOL

Xtreme
Thu Nov 23, 2006, 09:55 AM
Just a heads up, I have sent a list of different species to my "fish lady" and she is going to be receiving two shipments before Xmas from Malaysia.
She is going to see what she can do, with regard to locating some excellent specimens of Apistos for you all!

I asked her to make a special effort to find breeding pairs and or trios.

Will let you know as soon as I hear from her!

Bec

Noddy65
Thu Nov 23, 2006, 10:51 AM
Excellent...Ill be in Sydney in late January so the timing might be spot on for picking up some nice fish to bring back west...

Mike