PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. my BBT

sammigold
Sun Nov 19, 2006, 03:18 AM
Well I have been having some issues with a Brilliant Blue Turq who was being bullied.. I separated him, fed him up and he looked to be making a good recovery... put him back in main tank but separated from the others and was doing well until I changed my separater to allow other fish except the discus in.... anyway long story short.... my sailfin gibby has been using him as a buffet... (I realised too late!!!) He died this morning after moving him to hospital tank....

I feel terrible and needless to say spent the next hour trying to catch the gibby and finally did and have moved him to a tank that has no discus for him to snack on...

I suppose the fact that he has not been a healthy discus for a while just exacerbated the problem when he started getting harrassed by the gibby
but he seemed to go downhill really fast .... :cry:

Merrilyn
Sun Nov 19, 2006, 06:15 AM
Awwwwww Sammi I'm so sorry to hear that.

I know you did everything you could.

nicholas76
Sun Nov 19, 2006, 11:16 AM
oooh sammi thats such a shame mate.

always look on the up side bud now you need to replace him with a better fish :)

scott bowler
Sun Nov 19, 2006, 11:19 AM
ooooooooh sammi im sorry nich is right now you need to get a better one and that wont replace the lost one but it will fill the space in the tank

sammigold
Sun Nov 19, 2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys.... and Ladyred...

I will now leave it for a while until I find exactly what I want...also I just want to have no dramas for a while... I've still got a sickly BD up and down like a yoyo... (of course thats what happens when you first start out and buy stunted discus without knowing.... my BD looks more like a severum bodyshapewise and has not been 100 percent healthy since about 3 weeks after I bought it 18 months ago and has not grown much since then. lol)

elvip
Sun Nov 19, 2006, 09:43 PM
Sorry to hear the sad news Sammi :cry:
I know what it is like to lose discus after you've tried so hard to save them - but you just have to treat it all part of a learning curve, and eventually you will get it right and things will go along nicely (I live in hope!!).
Like you say, just let things get settled/sorted and look for that special fish - good luck! :D
Cheers
Elvip

nicholas76
Mon Nov 20, 2006, 07:15 AM
sammi

if you want some fish give me a yell

sammigold
Mon Nov 20, 2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks Nick! I have to let my man get over this last drama..! He's annoyed at me because I insisted on having a gibby and then it hasnt worked and He really likes the gibby and is not a big fan of discus so he doesnt want to say "goodbye" gibby... so I am getting to set up another tank as a temp measure but it wont be long before he is too big for that tank... etc... anyway... I have to let the dust settle before I mention getting another discus... I will yell at that stage.... you can bet on it!! :-)