PDA

View Full Version : Dream turquoise?

hhzfish
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 01:18 AM
Hi guys! Has anyone in Melbourne ever seen a brilliant red turquoise like the one i have here locally? Not necessary the colour but the attractive pattern of stripes? I have never really seen such a "miracle" except some from web.

scott bowler
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 02:48 AM
hhz you are right that is a very nice fish it has good shape and colour how big is it ? and yes i have seen fish like that here in sydney but that is a good fish

mcloughlin2
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 02:59 AM
Very nice fish and shouldnt be too hard to find.

Why don't you get a few people from melbourne together and get some of the gorgeuos discus our 2 sponsers have forsale shipped down? (Fishrock and Xtreme)

mcloughlin2
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 03:00 AM
BTW - Yes i have seen several fish like that and even some that are better :wink:

nicholas76
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 03:51 AM
Thats a very nice fish in that picture!!

quality turqs arent that hard to find though.

Merrilyn
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 04:39 AM
That's a lovely fish, with a striking pattern.

I have a friend in Malaysia at the moment, who is hand picking fish from various fish farms. The quality will be the best. This guy is actually a discus judge (judged in Malaysia and Singapore) so he will be picking top quality.

Photos will be coming soon, and the fish will be available from Xtreme Aquariums who are happy to ship all over Australia.

Australia is about to get some genuine hand picked "A" grade discus.

Thanks to the team at Xtreme. :P

samir
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 04:54 AM
sounds great, i'm glad everything came out in the open, at least now a lot more people know what "show quality" discus should look like. i think it will do a lot for the hobby. i hope the shipment doesn't come in too soon :lol: i've already just paid an arm and a leg for some new fish.

nicholas76
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 07:10 AM
Ahh what a top idea Lady red

very familar with your friend and the quality of his fish.

look forward to getting some.

Mattzilla
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 10:26 AM
LOOKS LIKE MY OLD TURQ

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ninjacows/Stuff/mattzilla/images/spawning%2022.03.05%20044.jpg

i miss her. think Davo still has her

Mattzilla
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 10:26 AM
another of her

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ninjacows/Stuff/mattzilla/images/spawning%2022.03.05%20045.jpg

G-1000
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 10:34 AM
I have to point out here...

Great fish and really good specimen.

BUT

The eye in that picture is quite dark, yet there is evidence to suggest that the fish is being fed astaxanthin (therefore if true the eye should be redder).

Nonetheless, the fish has a very nice pattern, just the eye is a let-down IMO

G

Merrilyn
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 10:58 AM
Yeah, lovely fish Matt, and that shape is stunning.

hhzfish
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 11:17 PM
hhz you are right that is a very nice fish it has good shape and colour how big is it ? and yes i have seen fish like that here in sydney but that is a good fish

From the thickness of this discus, i would say it just old enough to be prepared to breed( Am i right?). If it is flourish and without too much colour fed, should be no less than 12cm.

hhzfish
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 11:29 PM
Very nice fish and shouldnt be too hard to find.

Why don't you get a few people from melbourne together and get some of the gorgeuos discus our 2 sponsers have forsale shipped down? (Fishrock and Xtreme)

Nice idea, is it very expensive? 'cause i am still struggling with my overseas study here, if very thing goes well and i do not lack money for this hobby, i will be so happy to have some quality discus.

Davo
Mon Nov 20, 2006, 09:42 AM
Matt,

I still have her and she is still laying eggs with another turq but they get eaten quick smart as she is in a community tank.

I will have to get a digital camera and post some pics of my latest discus.

Dave.

Mattzilla
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 08:01 AM
still laying aggs....wow she was an amzing girl

would love for you to pm me some pictures

thanks very much

matt