PDA

View Full Version : simply discus forum

rtraher
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 09:14 AM
Hi all, does anyone know what happened to the simply discus forum?

cheers,
russel

Merrilyn
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 09:52 AM
Haven't visited there for a while, but maybe they're just having server problems.

Proteus
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 10:58 AM
SimplyDiscus forums have been offline for a couple of weeks now...

According to Google there last cache of the forum page was done well over 2 months ago, the most recent caches show the error screen

Proteus
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 11:06 AM
From Al of SimplyDiscus...

Hi all,

Just want to let you know that our forum will be down for a few days... There was an attempted Hack on our forum last night and although not completely successful...It did necessitate the need for some immediate changes....We had been planning a major upgrade in our server and software shortly and in light of this attack, have decided that we should do it all Now.

I am sorry that this has happened to our community, unfortunately there are elements in it that enjoy this kind of childish, pathetic behavior. Its happened before here and elsewhere.

Should anyone have information on who hacked the forum, please consider stepping up and let us know. This was not just a hack on Simplydiscus.com It was a Hack on all our community. I am of course angry , but more than anything just disgusted and saddened at how pathetic some individuals lives are that they need to shine by trying to destroy something that does so much good in this Hobby.

Please forward this Message to you Friends on the forum so our members know whats Going on. We'll get the forum up running as soon as we securely can.

People can email me at brewmaster15@netscape.com

Thanks,
Al

Idiots... geesh some people make me :evil: :evil: :evil:

rtraher
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 07:37 PM
Thanks Proteus, I thought it seemed odd to be offline for so long. What is there to gain out of such acts on a fish forum? It's sad.

Thanks,
Russel

Dee
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 10:47 PM
Here's some more info from SimplyDiscus.com .... HTH

SimplyDiscus Members,
It has been a long two weeks but we're slowly but surely getting things back online. The forum has been restored but we are not opening it to the public yet while we test some functionality. Once everything is in proper working order it will be re-launched and we will send out an e-mail letting you know we're back.

We would like to apologize for the down-time. The site has not come back online as fast as we'd hoped but there have been several factors that contributed to the extended delay. We appreciate your encouragement, support, and most of all your patience. We will be back very soon!

Regards,
The SimplyDiscus Team