PDA

View Full Version : Internal bleeding in the abdoman

azzakat
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 06:59 AM
Well i had 3 juvies displaying an unusal behaviour they were laying on their sides on the bottom of the tank and were breathing slowly but with deep breaths this went on for a few days and eventualy they died.

I noticed on the last one that died it had some internal bleeding around the abdoman. Any clues as to what has happened :?:
There was 30 juvies in this tank @ 6 weeks of age. Down to 27 now and none of the others are looking ill

azzakat
Sun Nov 19, 2006, 02:31 AM
more are starting to show symptoms...
whats going on

samir
Sun Nov 19, 2006, 04:06 AM
maybe treat them for flukes.

Merrilyn
Sun Nov 19, 2006, 06:21 AM
My guess is internal bacterial infection.

Do you have any metro or tetracycline?

Treat the whole tank immediately. Tetracycline will destroy your bio filter, so you'll need to remove the sponge or canister you have on that tank, and just run it with an airstone and daily waterchanges.

Can you post any pictures. It might help.

samir
Sun Nov 19, 2006, 07:23 AM
would Waterlife Octozin work for something like that ?

azzakat
Sun Nov 19, 2006, 07:42 AM
ladyred
I have no metro or tetracycline. The tank and fish appear normal except for the one's that lay on their side so a pic wouldn't help. The bleeding is only visible after they have died. Occasionaly (say couple of times an hour) they will lay on their side almost looks like they fall asleep and it becomes more frequent before they die otherwise they do swim around with the other fish and look normal.

Meds i have are Prazi and a broard spectrum