PDA

View Full Version : Hellooooooo!!!!!

mistakes r crucial
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 05:59 AM
Fellow Discus breeder rings me this afternoon in a state of flux, can hardly talk for laughing and tells me the following.

Man buys Discus, puts them in tank and a few days later calls fellow breeder and says, Discus are dieing and I don't know why. Mmmmm, says fellow breeder, is your water OK? Man says, I think so, I have an issue with a heater but that shouldn't kill them as I've fixed the problem. What is the heater problem fellow breeder asked? Well, the heater won't switch off and just keeps going, the thermostat must be stuffed but it's OK, I just keep putting frozen bottles of water in the tank but it doesn't seem to make any difference, the fish keep dieing.

Fellow breeder says, have you ever thought of turning the f*****g heater off lol!!!!

Man, it takes all sorts! I'm glad it's not April the 1st or I wouldn't have believed it.
MAC

samir
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 06:08 AM
i can believe that, here's what happened with me yesterday, I needed to put the axolotl in the fridge to slow down its metabolism, so called up the woman and asked her to put a thermometer in the fridge and let me know the temperature. a while later I called back to ask how much it was and was told less that zero. well no prizes for guessing that she put the thermometer in the freezer. :roll:

mcloughlin2
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 06:29 AM
:lol:

"They walk amoung us"

mistakes r crucial
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 06:54 AM
Do they ever lmao.
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 07:01 AM
Hey Samir,

Put it in the freezer and I'll come back a week later and tell you whether it has improved lol. I'm sure it'll be fine.
MAC

samir
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 07:15 AM
i asked her where I would have put the axolotl,
and she went "in the freezer ???".
I got a call yesterday (with lots of crying in the background) saying that it was dead. five minutes later i got another call saying that it had started swimming again. It died for real last night and is in an ice cream box in the fridge, the child thinks its still alive and recuperating. I'm getting another from Xtreme tomorrow and will switch it.

mistakes r crucial
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 07:43 AM
Ah crap is it one of your kids pets? There's nothing worse than explaining that one. Have 3 of my own mate so know exactly what you mean.
MAC

samir
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 07:59 AM
between mother and daughter they can wipe out fish like the plague. they find everything cute and then there's tears when it dies. that includes over 100 platy fry and one batch of about 150 blue diamonds/marlboro/redmelons . not one survived :?
this is the last time they're getting anything that swims.

mistakes r crucial
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 08:22 AM
But I bet they don't put frozen Coke bottles in the water instead of turning off the heater! They're miles in front lol!
MAC

samir
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 08:47 AM
thats one of the silliest things i have heard.i wouldn't put it past them :lol: :lol: the thingy that made the bubbles was off for a couple of days and someone thought it was just there to look nice :?