PDA

View Full Version : Polystyrene containers for fish

revkev
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 06:53 AM
Any one know where I can buy polystyrene containers for freighting live fish (must be airline approved) in Melb.

scott bowler
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 06:55 AM
try fruit shop or post office they nwill be able to help you kev

seecuta
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 07:52 AM
any fish shop will have some from their fish orders if they hadnt bin it.

mistakes r crucial
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 10:25 AM
Hi Kev,

Who are you freighting with? If you can let me know and if it's the same company as me I might be able to save you some money. The last lot of "rigdy didge" boxes I bought cost me an arm and a leg. It's bloody rediculous.
MAC

revkev
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 11:20 AM
Hi Mac I am trying virgin blue freight to adelaide sending 9 discus there
any help would be great.
Thanks Kevin

mistakes r crucial
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 11:54 AM
PM Kev

Ben
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 12:44 PM
Just got to your LFS, i am sure they have lots.

Jet_SU
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 11:16 PM
Kev,
I didn't see this one earlier perhaps try Kathy at Reef and River, they often give them away for free with a small purchase. Otherwise they are around $5 on request.

mistakes r crucial
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 11:43 PM
Just be aware that Virgin have changed the rules. All boxes now have to comply with airline regulations and many of the boxes you will get from LFS have been delivered by courier and will not comply. There is nothing worse than getting to the airport with a heap of fish bagged up and ready to go only to be told to come back when you've got the right box, been there done that, it's annoying to say the least.
MAC

Jet_SU
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 12:04 AM
Ops... sorry for the mis-leading information. I automatically assumed that Virgin would be similar to AAE. Thanks for pointing that out MAC, would of been a BIG boo boo if Kev rocked up with the boxed fish that were non-compliant.

*blushes*

Sorry