PDA

View Full Version : Water Ager Plastic Drum

valk
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 10:54 PM
Hi, Do anyone know where I can get a 200L Pastic drum for water ageing in sydney?

Thanks

samir
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 11:06 PM
ebay

valk
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 11:16 PM
I tried. It seem they only have used one. who knows what was store in it before.
I would like to get a new one.
Any suggestion Where I can go in Sydney?

Thanks

holotype
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 11:32 PM
You may have difficulty in finding a brand new drum, but if you do locate a source please tell us where and how much.

The ones on ebay have previously contained brine and olives, I know because I have two of them :) The guy selling them, Eddie, is a top bloke.

They have been rinsed out but you will need to give them a scrub with washing up detergent to get the last traces of oil out. I then fill them up with water and add a bit of chlorine (not bleach) and let them sit for a week or two. It take about this long for the olive smell to disipate but I've been leaving them outside full of water and aging bits of driftwood in them. Even when they still have a bit of an olive smell I've been topping the rainbowfish pond up with water out of them and have had no problems.

I set up one just the other day for aging water for tanks, all I can smell is the faint smell of chlorine as it evaporates from the water. No hit of olive left whatsoever. At last I can get rid of the piddly little 60l drum and I'll be able to get all my water changes done on the same day, too easy!

Liverpool_pete
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 01:58 AM
Try going to a home brew shop. They are used to produce wine at home so they have them for sale. I have purchased one from the home brew shop on Horseley Drive in Wetheril Park.

let me know if i can be of further help.

Peter

scott bowler
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 06:52 AM
hi valk you are at seven hills so not to far from me ther e is two places out here on richmond rd there is a fruit shop he has a lot of difrent ones from 30lt up to 1000lt and yes he has the 200lt drums and on schofields rd there is a guy that sells them from his house he is up nere hambledon rd end hope that helps mate scott

valk
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks guys for the infor. Really appreciated.

Scott where about is the fruit shop on richmond rd or the name of the shop?
Liverpool pete do have the name or the number of the shop in Wetherill Park?

scott bowler
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 08:49 AM
valk the shop is in marsden park near the tip i think its called mango plus or some thing like that ,if you are coming from btown you go under the m2 and go up past the paint ball place and its up there on the right

valk
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks again.
I will go and check it tomorrow.

Regards

Liverpool_pete
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 01:07 PM
Valk,

Here is the details.

Cooperage Wine & Beer Making Supplies
Sydney's Largest Range Of Wine & Beer Making Supplies
U2/ 895 The Horsley Drv Smithfield NSW 2164
ph: (02) 9604 6655

peter

scott bowler
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 05:46 AM
hey valk how did you go mate did you get your drum ?

valk
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 07:50 AM
hi, scott
I end up getting 220L from the home brewing home in smithfield for $15.
The one they have at mango place weren't very good condition.

Thanks for your help.

Discus Dan
Wed Mar 07, 2007, 11:11 PM
Anyone know where I can get clean 200l plastic drums in Cairns?