PDA

View Full Version : Plants dying

RJ_Archer
Tue Nov 14, 2006, 09:06 AM
iv just moved in a heap of plants into a 3x18x22 and iv put in plant food but they all seem be dying. leaves falling off etc etc. iv got good lighting on them but yea... here are the water conditions
ph: 6.6
nitrate: 0
temp: 30
and yea i dont want any more dying so any help will be greatly apprecated

Noddy65
Tue Nov 14, 2006, 09:12 AM
It might help to tell us what sort of plants...if theyre crypts? then most crypts will melt soon after replanting, theyre not dead, they will come back...

Mike

duck
Tue Nov 14, 2006, 11:51 AM
Having no Nitrate doesn't help.
What's good lighting? What springs to mind is that you need CO2
Some substrate fert would help.

And What Mike said.

RJ_Archer
Tue Nov 14, 2006, 08:53 PM
the lighting is a normal fluro bulb, and a black light there the only to spare bulbs i got here atm :oops: . but ill grab some aquamium bulbs on saturday when i go to work. the plants are purple wafle, aluminium, some red tall skinny thing and some green tall skinny thing, ill get the names at work. the light stays of for about 6-7hours a day. and wat should i do aobut the nitrate? thanks for the help guys

Nathan
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 01:33 AM
you need nitrogen (seachem nitrogen, http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1007 )

also up your lighting to 10 hours a day.

others will be able to help more.

Sime76
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 02:16 AM
You will normally have some die back when planting new plants.

But you would need to sort out your lighting, you'd need at the very least 2 3 ft plant tubes- 60watts

duck
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 03:14 AM
Purple waffle is a terrestile plant so it's going to die of no matter what you do, pull it out and chuck it away or put in the garden.

aluminium:Never heard of it.
A couple more tubes of light will help.

If it's a true red aquatic plant,They are very difficult to keep.