PDA

View Full Version : Young Discus Not Eating

waterflash
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 05:57 AM
Hi Guys
I have about 50 young discus about the size of 50 cent piece and they have gone off eating. Could this be intestinal worms at 2 months old? Any suggestions and comments would help. I have other young discus in other tanks and they eat anything that goes in the tank. All water parameters are the same as other tanks so I would assume this isn't the cause.

Cheers

Robin

mistakes r crucial
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 09:37 AM
Hi Robin,

Without seeing the fish it is difficult but if they've gone completely off their food my guess would be Hex. Have they gone very dark and fins clamped at all? IME worms won't put them off their food, they just don't grow as well.
MAC

waterflash
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 01:59 PM
They are not cramped up and are eating a little, just not ravenous. Something is stressing them as they panic easily and hide at the end of the tank, while my other fry just about jump out of the tank for me when I feed them. Some are bared up more than others and these are the ones that are not eating as much.

samir
Fri Nov 10, 2006, 08:42 AM
check for ammonia and nitrite, if thats okay then it could be anything from worms to a bacterial infection or spironucleus vortens.

waterflash
Fri Nov 10, 2006, 10:08 AM
What the hell is spironucleus vortens?

samir
Fri Nov 10, 2006, 01:16 PM
internal protozoan parasite treated with metro, do a google.
here's a link http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/spironucleus.php