PDA

View Full Version : The Beauty of Red and Gold Albinos

Jeffrey_Yang
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 05:38 AM
Been following the progress of good ol Mr lip over the years of improving the albino solid red strain. I'm both excited and happy for him with his latest creation. No matter how many times I look at it, it just never seize to amaze me with its grace and beauty. Hope you guys enjoy the pics as much as I do.

Regards,
Jeffrey

Jeffrey_Yang
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 05:44 AM
The solid red variant. :shock:

Regards,
Jeff

Jeffrey_Yang
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 05:56 AM
The gold variant..

Regards.
Jeff

Jeffrey_Yang
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 06:07 AM
The parents of Albino Red Golden Diamond. The intermediates, made available to fishtradezone.com.

Regards,
Jeffrey
www.fishtradezone.com

scott bowler
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 07:26 AM
jeff you are right they are very nice fish the first pic is excellent scott

Merrilyn
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 09:44 AM
It's not often I am left speechless, but those pictures are just wonderful.

Glorious fish.

A credit to the breeder.

:P

Mattzilla
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 09:52 AM
wow excellent fish!!!!

dizkuz
Fri Nov 10, 2006, 01:01 AM
WOW... :shock:
Out of words
speakless over here, Damn good looking :D
what a blezzing to have them. Need some of them right Now LOL

RGD Dizkuz

Dee
Sat Nov 11, 2006, 04:12 AM
Hi,

Those ARGD and the ARGD - Golden Variant are simply stunning. I especialy love the white band through the anal and dorsal fins ... major kudos to Ung Seng Lip. I can only ever dream of owning such great fish ;)

Great pics, thanks for posting:D

Cheers,

Dee :D

Jeffrey_Yang
Sat Nov 11, 2006, 07:57 AM
Yup I totally agree with you guys. Kudos to Mr Ung for his persistence and perseverance in creating this beautiful strain. Been following the development a couple of years back when Lip bought some albinos from Hong Kong and started the breeding program. It was an astonishing evolution, from a RGD/Albino pairing, throwing all intermediates in the F1, and then inbreeding the F1s to eventually derive these results. Well, it was alot of hardwork and frustration, but all ends well as the persistence certainly paid off!

And Dee, you are absolutely right! The most unique feature in this particular strain is the silver breeding band that frames up the fish, giving it a heart shape look! And there's no other strain in the market that looks quite like it, which makes it even more special. :)

You know, if I had the opportunity to name this strain... I would have called it Albino Valentino! And making it the perfect Valentine gift for the discus fanatics for the coming Feb 14. :D Hem, that's a thought, perhaps I oughta have a good chat with Lip soon! :P...

Regards,
Jeff

Crocky
Sun Nov 12, 2006, 01:51 AM
Hi Jeff

Which picture has the male rgd,there all solid red.
Last month it was put on the forum the the male rgd was washed out white and red discus.

Brad

samir
Mon Feb 26, 2007, 07:33 AM
why do the intermediates have bars ? are they RGD X brown discus. does the reappearance of the blue ring come from brown ?
the rgd does not have a blue ring so why should the intermediate have it, unless it is crossed with brown ? how much percentage RGD are the albino RGD's ? wouldn't an albino San Merah look exactly the same ?
the non albinos that these would produce would have an eye bar so would not be red gold diamond, so how do the albino progeny become ARGD ?

mistakes r crucial
Mon Feb 26, 2007, 10:40 AM
Last few pics look very much like San Merahs IMO but who knows, you pay your money and take your chance! Two or three batches of fry and you'll know exactly what you've got, if they breed true.
MAC

samir
Mon Feb 26, 2007, 10:48 AM
all these intermediates have bars so shouldn't the progeny should have bars too ? I thought diamond meant no bars ?
so if i bred an albino san merah would it have that ring, and would it look exactly the same ?
imo the "ARGD" are not actually RGD if their non albino siblings have bars.

Ben
Mon Feb 26, 2007, 11:21 AM
simply stunning!

nchutz
Mon Feb 26, 2007, 03:33 PM
just name the price, i can't wait to bring them to Indonesia

Andrew Soh
Sat Mar 03, 2007, 03:10 PM
Hello....I have my own guess....

It could be possinble that it is ......

Samir, a cross between the RGD x Alencer Albino = All brownish F1 carrying RGD gene...but at this stage, the Redness will not be expressed unless the Alencer albino bought from Hong Kong already carried a Red gene like the RGD or Red melon or a marlboro.

All the offspring will have 9 bars. Only inbreeding among the f1 or the f2 with red gene will they produce some...not all....Barless Albinos Reds.

Whether RGD is used in the above cross.....possible....but as can be seen from photo 10, the immediate female carries a lot of peppering on the caudal fin.....which is more a F1 from one of the parents having inheritance of Melon gene or the Marlboro....maybe from the great grand/ or grand parents.

I did a cross between Alencer Albino (with Red Gene) x Red Melon which the black ring is a trade mark and I have similar result and I fed the offspring with CP and most of them turned very red...except for the males..slightly red (I did not have golden Albino). When it becomes Albino, the ring becomes transluscent.

.......Anyway, among the offspring...and because there are a few genes at play, there are a few without the ring and the colour covers the whole Dorsal and anal fins. Those should be the choice for further breeding programme to give full body and fin colour.

Those pictures by Jeffrey are beautifully taken and the Albinos are also very nice. Well done!!

Take care,
Andrew

samir
Sat Mar 03, 2007, 03:28 PM
thanks that cleared thing up quite a bit

scott bowler
Sat Mar 03, 2007, 10:37 PM
thats intresting thank you Andrew

Andrew Soh
Sun Mar 04, 2007, 05:46 AM
Forgot to add guys...the photos no. 3 and 4 are better choice for further breeding programme as they have fuller colour on their fins...and the black bar is either gone or suppressed.

Take care,
Andrew