PDA

View Full Version : Breeders in Nth Qld?

Ben75
Wed Nov 08, 2006, 12:50 PM
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if there were any
breeders in the Townsville Nth Qld area
that sell good fish?

Robdog
Wed Nov 08, 2006, 12:56 PM
I think Squid lives up that way

Robdog
Wed Nov 08, 2006, 01:01 PM
...and he's got some nice Alenquers too if you like that kind of discus

Ben75
Wed Nov 08, 2006, 07:39 PM
Thanks Rob.
I will try to get in touch with him.
Thanks again.

Squid
Sun Nov 12, 2006, 05:46 AM
Barra has an extensive discus collection. If you want to have a shot at 'hand raising' some young, then talk to him. He gets eggs on a daily basis but doesn't raise any. He loves looking at them!?!

Squid
Sun Nov 12, 2006, 05:48 AM
Barra has an extensive discus collection. If you want to have a shot at 'hand raising' some young, then talk to him. He gets eggs on a daily basis but doesn't raise any. He loves looking at them!?!

barramundi
Tue Nov 14, 2006, 11:50 AM
Hi all,

I have just replyed to this in photo's then seen this.Thanks Squid you know what, i will have to have a go at raising some of my own, but it will just be more for me to look at!! done water change today and boom they all lay no sooner than i take the hose out must be because its getting warm up here.

Ben more than welcome to come around,full on with work but always find time for my discus.

barra

stonedavid
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 12:35 AM
Hey Barra, Are you still egg gazing, get those goldens of yours breeding matey, i want to put an order in. Yes you are correct about it heating up, my fish are always waiting for me to flush the tanks out so as they can breed. Am running out of room quickly and looks like another 1000lt pond will be going into the shed this week for growing out. Who said fish keeping was relaxing aaaaaaaargh
Pete

barramundi
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 09:40 PM
Hi Pete,

Another 1000ltr pond how many is that now? mate you must look after those discus of yours full time. Two big planted discus tanks are enough for me to look after and i know if i start breeding them it will be more tanks and then more tanks.As soon as the pool is finished and no Pete not for discus i will have a go at breeding them goldens as everyone keeps asking me here.

I have to agree Pete you can never own enough discus!! Ben is coming around today we must have a trip up your way someday.

john

Ben75
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 06:45 AM
Hi all,
thanks heaps guys for responding to my post,
didn't think i would get such a response locally.
Have been around to squids place during the week, Wow!!!!
he has some beautiful wild fish, i hope to buy some little ones off him,
once he settles from his move down south. Shame to see him leaving.
Got some fish off him that he didn't want to take with him. Can't thank him enough i will look after them to my best ability.
Went around to Barra's place today, the best planted display tanks i have seen to date, some really good fish aswell.... if he breeds them i am sure i will be one in a long line to buy some.
Again to all thank you very much.

Robdog
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 10:43 AM
Let's see some pictures Ben

Squid
Sun Nov 19, 2006, 08:57 AM
Ben - good to meet you mate. Those little fishies will be ready next Wednesday for 'pick up' if you want. i dont know weather the babies will be old enough to last without their parents, but you can only give it a shot.

Talk to you soon

Squid

stonedavid
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 12:00 AM
Hey guys, Yes well it is a full time job at present just got back from a buying trip to bne and had a friend looking after them. Over the 4 days only lost 4 small ones under 5c piece size, so he is forgiven. I have found a few batches of bub's i didn't even know i had, looks like the juvie parents have laid in the shadows and the fry havent been eaten by the other juvies. What the hell are the results from a BD and rose red lol, shudder to think. lol