PDA

View Full Version : new plants

scott bowler
Wed Nov 08, 2006, 06:12 AM
hi guy need to now a few things i just got some plants of ebay and i got Green Lotus , Red Tiger Lotus , Nymphaea Malay Red Lotus and some cryps i have got some large sords in my tank and cryips so i have had them for a while but do i need to give my new plants any speacl care or will they be ok the same of the others

dimka100
Wed Nov 08, 2006, 10:20 PM
Hi,

What is the difference between the Red Tiger Lotus and Nymphaea Malay Red Lotus, I always thought that they are the same thing???

Regarding Lotus keeping they love plenty of root fertilisation, plenty of light and CO2.

Also does anyone have pictures to show the difference between the two lotus plants?

Thank You

P.S. Also when you plant them give the Lotus some room as its leaves can grow big.

pritch33
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 02:11 AM
heres a pic of my red lotus and if anybody has any idea what type it is that would be great
sorry pic doesnt do this plant justice

Ray
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/pritch33/Picture08009.jpg

scott bowler
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 10:42 AM
hi dimka 100 here are some pic to show you the two plants

dimka100
Fri Nov 10, 2006, 01:36 AM
Well to me the two "different" RED Lotus are the same plant, the amount of green, red, and dark brown will vary from plant to plant depending on conditions, I have a few red Lotus in my tank and none are exactly the same.

My understanding is that there are Red Lotus and Green Lotus.

I also have a Red/Green Lotus which I have practically never seen in Australia, not sure what it is called.:)

There is one other type which is amasing but I don't think I have ever seen it anywhere, it is called Nymphaea Micrantha, it has a completely different pattern to all others.

Maybe the Experts can put some light on this???