PDA

View Full Version : DF.com Outtage 6/11/06

Proteus
Mon Nov 06, 2006, 09:37 PM
Sorry folks about the outtage last night.

DiscusForums.com and a whole bunch of other sites were offline for about 3 hrs due to an issue with the company that we lease the server from.

In almost 3 years this has probably been the longest time the site has been offline and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

shake
Mon Nov 06, 2006, 09:43 PM
hen it wasn't just me. I was going mad last night. I could access most site except 3. Wasn't to sure if it was from my end or from the other end.

Glad you cleared that up. Now I don't have to have a go at my provider :)

Nathan
Tue Nov 07, 2006, 12:13 AM
yea i had that problem aswel, it was killing me i had nothng else to do!!

Merrilyn
Tue Nov 07, 2006, 02:13 AM
Glad we're all back to normal :P

Robdog
Wed Nov 08, 2006, 03:32 AM
Are there still problems going around or is it just me?

Xtreme
Wed Nov 08, 2006, 03:34 AM
Everything is smooth sailing down here.

Robdog
Wed Nov 08, 2006, 03:40 AM
I've just had a few problems 2day logging in here and on AusFishForum. No drama. Everything good now

Proteus
Sun Nov 12, 2006, 09:55 PM
Apologies for the lengthy outtage last night.

It would seem that a jealous few think it is funny to run a Denial Of Service (DOS) attack on various websites. It is also very coincidental that this exact same event heppenned at roughly the same time last week.

What these people, (if they can be called that) don't realise is this affects many many websites, not just the forums I run.

Theses people will be caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

scott bowler
Mon Nov 13, 2006, 12:04 AM
hey proteus i do hope you do find this person he or they are not doin the right thing and it is sad but im a little lost if i cant get on my fav site and i do hope the law catches up with theses fools

samir
Mon Nov 13, 2006, 12:58 AM
this is like Fatal Attraction :P

sammigold
Mon Nov 13, 2006, 01:52 AM
Wow there is some serious "forum bashing" going on by this person... Is it hard to find them and that is why they are able to do this...or is it a matter of being able to provide proof..... Technology sure has changed things.. that One person is able to stop hundreds from accessing their favourite forum is just ludicrous!!! I hope they get whats coming to them!! Ten fold!!!!!

Nathan
Mon Nov 13, 2006, 06:09 AM
hopefuly there stopped asap!!

i get withdrawl symptons when the sites down :lol: