PDA

View Full Version : FS: discus fire ruby baby(more pics added)

tao
Fri Nov 03, 2006, 06:47 AM
$20 each, nice body shape, good appetite, eat everything from beef heart to Tetra dry food. already used to tap water so easy to look after. buy one fire ruby give one baby A.agassizii "Super Red" 3cm for free. self pick up only. welcome to have a look.
baby picture

tao
Fri Nov 03, 2006, 06:48 AM
more

tao
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 08:54 AM
more discus babies are coming

Mattzilla
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 09:10 AM
WOW stunning discus and very well priced.

i'm sure they will get snapped up pretty quickly!

wish i had an extra tank for some of them

matt

Nathan
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 09:39 AM
i know they really well priced, a shame you arent in melbourne

scott bowler
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 09:45 AM
there nice little fish and big fish Tao and like Nathan said good price

G-1000
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 10:20 AM
hey tao,

anymore pics of the babies you got there ?

G

G-1000
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 10:54 AM
That juvi in the bottom right of the pic is to die for!

G

tao
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 10:56 AM
thanks guys. cheaper price is just a beginning. one more month while baby pigeon blood reach commercial size, their price will less than 20.
here's the picture of my first batch of fire ruby which is kept for breeding next year. the one for sell is only 3 weeks younger, less spots certainly.

ivo
Mon Nov 13, 2006, 01:26 AM
hi guys, any idea what the offspring will turn out look like? given mum is wild caught and dad is leopard.

G-1000
Mon Nov 13, 2006, 01:30 AM
If one of the parents is wild then the fry will be very large and very strong.

They will all have some variation of a leopards genes in them (i.e they will be spotted).

Great fish

G

tao
Mon Nov 13, 2006, 07:08 AM
that's a long story. Current leopard, typically Malaysian leopard, their anccestor is WR19, which is HK breeder Mr Lao's famous fish. W means wild caught royal red spotted green, R means red turquoise. These two fish cross and after several generations to steadilize the heritage trait then we have leapord. but because red turqoise has stronger blood, after too many generation's incest, most of offspring will turn back to red turqoise which is normally discribed as red spots stick together to stripes. so need to cross back with RSG to delay that tendency to become cheaper fish, so called to break up stripes. RSG, especially the wild one is very difficult to breed and this species is also very important to creat and maintain leopard blood, that's why it's so expensive in aquarium well developed country like Japan. Also in Taiwan, UG2 is terriblly expensive because it takes more than 2 years to be mature and breed only in one season every year just like wild discus. only top breeder will have the skill and passion to keep that valuable pure blood. I will update F2's pictures, let's make it clearer where all these artificial discus species from then know how to cross properly.