PDA

View Full Version : Shameless plug - Movember

enigmatic
Tue Oct 31, 2006, 11:06 AM
OK, sorry this is a shameless plug but it is all in a good cause.

I guess no one here knows what I look like so I'll add my photo to the relevant topic. I don't have a mo and probably won't grow a great one in a month but it is just for a laugh, so......

Hi all,

During Movember (the month formerly known as November) I’ll be growin a moustache. That’s right I’m bringing the Mo back because I’m passionate about changing the state of men’s health.

Male health is a major issue, did you know:

Men are far less healthy than women. The average life expectancy of males is 6 years less than females.
Every year in Australia 2,700 men die of prostate cancer – more than the number of women who die from breast cancer.
Depression affects 1 in 6 men…Most don’t seek help. Untreated depression is a leading risk factor for suicide. Rates of suicide are more than double the national road toll.
Help me change the face of men’s health by sponsoring my mo.

Please go to http://www.movember.com.au/au/sponsor, enter my Rego number which is 9401 and your credit card details.

The money raised by Movember will be used to change the face of men's health by creating awareness and funding research into prostate cancer and male depression.

Movember culminates at the end of the month at the Gala Partè where I’ll be parading my Mo on the cat walk for a chance to be crowned the Man of Movember. If you want to be part of this great night you’ll have to purchase a Gala Parte ticket for $33.00 (inc GST).

Cheers

Chris

More info is available at www.movember.com.au

Movember is proudly grown by Motorola, Polaroid, Remington and VB.

Movember is proud partners with the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and beyondblue - the national depression initiative.

Proteus
Tue Oct 31, 2006, 11:10 AM
I know what you look like :P

Great cause by the way

enigmatic
Tue Oct 31, 2006, 11:19 AM
I know what you look like :P

Yes you do and thanks once again for delivering my birthday present earlier this year - I'm just a big kid :oops:

Photo now added to the "faces to names" thread http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1721&start=480&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

scott bowler
Sat Nov 04, 2006, 01:37 PM
i guys just thought i would thow my ugly nut in to this spot thanks scott

enigmatic
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 06:43 AM
Thought I better post an update on progress and remind people of this event.

I need a haircut and a shave but you get a pretty good idea of the mo :D :D :D

scott bowler
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 07:06 AM
looking good enigmatic hope you rased heaps of money mate but it is looking good

enigmatic
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 10:50 AM
looking good enigmatic hope you rased heaps of money mate but it is looking good

Well I've raised about $400 but it could be so much more. Every little bit helps.

Hint, hint :P

Cheers.

ellwa
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 10:58 AM
Thought I better post an update on progress and remind people of this event.

I need a haircut and a shave but you get a pretty good idea of the mo :D :D :D

My Name Is Earl.

enigmatic
Wed Nov 29, 2006, 11:58 AM
OK, Movember is nearly over and will post an update before the Mo goes.

In the mean time, please amuse yourselves with this link and please consider giving some money to a great cause....

http://muglets.com/19WLW-A

enigmatic
Thu Nov 30, 2006, 07:43 AM
OK, final post on this subject.

I've raised $670 so far and trying a final push for sponsorship to break through $700.

Can anyone here help?

Cheers,

Chris

scott bowler
Thu Nov 30, 2006, 07:48 AM
ill throw you $30 mate were do i send the money too send me a pm well done

enigmatic
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 10:57 AM
OK, so here was the finished article...

Final total after yesterdays late push was $685 after I got $15 out of a contact at Telstra. Didn't quite make $700 but it was a good try.

Photo taken just moments before the clippers did their thing this evening:

Nathan
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 12:27 PM
good stuff, $685 is awesome.

its about time theres fundraisers for prostrate cancer, you see sooo much publicity about breast cancer yet more men die from it then women do of breast cancer but you never hear about it.

good stuff you should be really really proud!

Xtreme
Mon Dec 11, 2006, 12:16 PM
Congratulations! Saw the stash in person, great effort!! Good work all round!

Proteus
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 11:31 AM
Just a reminder folks that we are only days away from the start of Movember :wink:

nicholas76
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 12:36 AM
maybe its just me but enigmatic you have this

"Somthing about Earl look to you now lmao"

enigmatic
Wed Nov 14, 2007, 08:21 AM
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I'm not taking part in Movember this year as I have an operation on my sinuses next Mon so I have to be clean shaven.

I am sponsoring though ;-)