PDA

View Full Version : Very, very different!

mistakes r crucial
Tue Oct 31, 2006, 09:03 AM
Hi,

I've never seen it before and just wondered if anyone else has.

A mate showed me a juvenile Discus today that, when you shine a torch on its eyes, you can see the inside of its head, its pupils are totally clear and you can see straight through them. God damned freaky if you ask me and not something I've seen or read about!

Anyone seen this?
MAC

Dee
Tue Oct 31, 2006, 09:14 AM
G'day MAC,

Can't say I have ever seen nor heard of that ... sounds very intresting :shock: What was the genetic make up of the fish ? what strain was it ?

Dee.

G-1000
Tue Oct 31, 2006, 09:31 AM
Ahhhh

MAC must be into halloween too :P

G

goldenpigeon
Tue Oct 31, 2006, 10:05 AM
sounds cool MAC, can we have a pic?

i hate Halloween - :evil:

madaboutfish
Tue Oct 31, 2006, 10:37 AM
I think it doesn't matter what strain it is, if I am not wrong you can see right through the pupil of all discus and possibly other types of fishes as well. I have noticed it on a number of occasions as well.

Nick

mistakes r crucial
Tue Oct 31, 2006, 06:36 PM
It's from a Spotted Leopard. There's a bit of a story behind this fish, it was a runt in the very fist batch of SL's I bred. The only reason I kept it was because it had a purple tinge to it but when a mate of mine went to the UK for 2 months me and another mate looked after a batch of juves for him and we thought it would be a bit of a laugh to add this fish to his, very different to a batch of RSG's lol! Visualising him scratching his head "Where the helll did that come from". Looks like he had the last laugh!

I'll see if I can get a pic of it and post it here but no, I wasn't having a go for Halloween, dead set you can see straight inside the head of this thing.
MAC

elvip
Wed Nov 01, 2006, 12:04 AM
So can you see it's brain etc (or is it too small too see ?- just kidding!!), or can you see right through to the other side??!!
Amazing! :shock:
Can't say I have ever noticed this in my discus - but then I have never thought to shine a torch into their eyes!! :wink:

Elvip