PDA

View Full Version : Bacterial infection??

Mitch
Mon Oct 30, 2006, 07:48 AM
Hi everyone, ive got a small problem that i need some help with. One of my pigieon bloods has had a rather large wound on her side for a couple of weeks now it hasn't really been healing, but this afternoon she now has what looks like a bloom of white hairy agle haging out of her anal glan. It is about the size of a ten cent piece. She constantly has her fins down now as well. any help on this would be great. thanks

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 31, 2006, 04:27 AM
Mitch, are you saying that the wound is the size of a ten cent piece or that the white fuzzy stuff hanging out of the vent is the size of a ten cent coin?

Is it possible to get a photo.

For the moment, my suggestion is remove the fish to a hospital tank and add cooking salt at the rate of 1 heap teaspoon per 40 litres of water, after 12 hours add a second teaspoon of salt, so the concentration is then 2 teaspoons per 40 litres of water.

This is only a temporary measure until we can see some photos, and perhaps give you a more accurate diagnosis, but it should help the wound on the side to heal.

Mitch
Wed Nov 01, 2006, 06:20 AM
Thanks for your help Ladyred, but she past away yesterday! Im quite pissed off cause she was the most stunning pigieon blood and my first discus death in over a year and it all happened from an injury from fighting witha new fish! :cry:

Merrilyn
Wed Nov 01, 2006, 09:45 AM
Sorry to hear that Mitch :(