PDA

View Full Version : New Life Spectrum Discus

Brian89
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 02:00 PM
Hi guys,
I was wondering does anybody use this product and is it any good as I am deffinately going to purchase Breaders Blend but I thought that Breaders Blend by itself will not be enough and I dont want to use Tetra colour bits as I have heard it changes the fishes colour or maybe I can use sera discus granules. Your ideas will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Brian

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 02:23 PM
Plenty of good fish foods out there in the market today.

From experience, feeding fish a varied diet is the best way to go, but I always add a good quality flake or pellet food to their diet, along with a beefheart and vegetable mix, frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp.

Brian89
Sun Oct 29, 2006, 01:17 PM
just bought small packages of food for the discus to eat for the mean time before I buy in bulk online but I realised that the discus didnt like the granuals or pellets but prefered the flakes. Does that mean I should stick with flakes or can they get use to pelets and granuals.

Merrilyn
Sun Oct 29, 2006, 02:11 PM
Mine found the flake quite yummy too.

Think I'd stick with that.

Ogre
Sun Oct 29, 2006, 03:04 PM
My Discus havnt taken to either of those 2 Products. Best I can get ATM is Frozen foods :(

Brian89
Mon Nov 06, 2006, 09:15 AM
hi Guys,
Cant beleive it but my discus won't eat sera flora, tetra colour bits, new life spectrum, breeders blend, or even the pellets for oscars I think I have tried most of the dry foods which would be good for them and the only thing they will eat is live black worms from the lfs but I dont want to have to feed them this for the rest of their lives.
Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,
Brian

Nathan
Mon Nov 06, 2006, 09:54 AM
starve them! then they will have to eat other foods.

balck worms can become very addictive for discus an then they wont eat anything else.

but yeah dont feed them anything for a few days an hopefully theyl start to eat some of the dry foods.

try some frozen stuff aswel, frozen brine shrimp is great!

FishLover
Mon Nov 06, 2006, 02:42 PM
I would start with flakes, like tetra color flakes. Mine would not touch pellets but accept the flakes fine. Feed them in the morning with the flakes, afternoon the frozen stuff.

endless
Sun Nov 19, 2006, 07:18 AM
hikari pellets for discus are pretty good. I've found that out of all the dry foods they like the hikari the best.

elvip
Tue Nov 21, 2006, 03:37 AM
Hi,
I feed my discus the Sera Discus granules (which I find very good), tropical fish flakes on a regular basis and BH (Ladyred's recipe), frozen blood worms & BS 1-2 times per week.My discus are hungry little buggers and will eat just about anything. :wink:

I was previously using the Tetra color bits, but had heard some varying stories about the product so switched to the Sera granules - I have noticed since doing this (about 1 month ago) that the colours in my discus, esp the pigeon bloods, aren't as intense or red. :shock: Makes me wonder if the colour enhancing agent in the Tetra product is safe to use in my fish - does anyone have any thoughts on this??

Cheers
Elvip

jacksta
Mon Dec 11, 2006, 08:01 AM
I got my Discus on Saturday and they were fed only with ladyred's beefheart mix and tetra bits,when they came here i started feeidng them with New Life Spectrum Growth formula and Thera A to the bigger ones and they all love it.As suggested by other members you can starve them,then feed little by little. By feed live worms to them exclusively,you can spoil them.

cheers,jack

fishguy2727
Sat Jan 13, 2007, 02:44 AM
I feed only NLS Discus formula and mine are growing like weeds with amazing colors. If you check out their site you will see testimonials on just how good this stuff is.

Merrilyn
Wed Jan 17, 2007, 10:20 AM
Hi fishguy, welcome to the forum. I've tried several of the NSL products. Couldn't get my discus to eat the Discus Formula or Thera A, but the fry did appreciate the growth formula. I still use that.

RJ_Archer
Wed Jan 17, 2007, 08:11 PM
i feed mine sera graneuls,BW,BS, and spirulina flake. i got to make up some more beefheart/ vegie seafood mix as well.