PDA

View Full Version : Photos from KSA Auction - 24th September 06

MangoR34
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 06:41 AM
The Koi Society of Australia's monthly Auction which was held on the 24th September 2006 was a great success! A very high turnout and an overall high quality of fish. The auction started out slowly, but shortly after it was on a roll! There was a broad range of sizes. From the little 5cm to the big +50cm Koi! If you missed this auction then you must come to the next KSA held auction! This is if you want Quality for a good price! There is always a bargain for everyone. Today the prices was very good for buyers and sells, everyone was happy...including me Tongue I managed to sell about 40 odd fish...ranging from 20cm to 10cm. And for that...I managed to pick up a 36cm Ochiba Shigure (not show quality, but would be a nice breeder). The breeder of the Ochiba Shigure said it came from a Gin Ochiba spawning, although the fish itself wasnt Gin, it's genetics includes Gin lines. So im going to spawn the new Female Ochiba with my Gin Soragoi this breeding season. Hope all goes well!

http://forever-mango.forever-jade.com/albums/24th%20Sep%20-%20KSA%20Auction/DSC02602.JPG

http://forever-mango.forever-jade.com/albums/24th%20Sep%20-%20KSA%20Auction/DSC02631.JPG

http://forever-mango.forever-jade.com/albums/24th%20Sep%20-%20KSA%20Auction/DSC02641.JPG

For more photos, please click HERE! (http://koi2day.com/forum/index.php?topic=850.0)

Mango 8-)

*Chris*
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 09:46 AM
i love that black and white koi its awesome too bad they are illegal in vic
bugger
chris

scott bowler
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 10:00 AM
chris do you know why they are illegal in vic is it becouse people keep leting them go in the water ways? scott

Mulisha
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 10:34 AM
Nice goldfish were is the classic orange?

goldenpigeon
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 11:02 AM
goldfish? they dont look anything like goldfish.... they are koi!

*Chris*
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 10:16 PM
i worked at AI and had to pretty much study the aqis rules and regs and also the reasoning behind making things noxious / grey lists ect so yes i do know why they are illegal in vic
i could tell you every bloody fish and its scientific name on that list .
good old AI

scott bowler
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 01:56 AM
yeah but is it becouse people let them go or is there other reasons. i wasnt bein smart i was wondering sorry scott

Del
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 02:57 AM
yeah - why would they let them go? Is it only done in VIC or other states too...?

MangoR34
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 08:45 AM
Its because they are "Carp", the fisheries wanted to ban the carp, but we Koi clubs supported to ban the Wild Carp and not the Coloured Crap aka "Koi". Carp is a pest World Wide. Its also because people release them into the rivers, not just Koi but other fish as well.

Apparently its only Legal in NSW and WA, but in VIC...the government granted a few aqua-cultures with Koi stockes, equipment and land to improve the stocks of Koi in Australia. Those Koi are mainly being exported to the Asian Market.

The White and Black ones is actually quite rare...it went for over $5xx! Its called a Doitsu (scale less) Shiro Utsuri. The first pic, that tub went for over $4xx and the second pic...that fish went for $4xx too! Some very nice fish on that day.

I would advise if you are in WA or NSW...and wish to purchase some Koi...then head to one of the Auctions held by the Koi Society of Australia. Their stocks are quite high and more varieties than the other smaller club.

Mango :)

nicholas76
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 10:43 PM
Mango,

Lovely pictures again mate ,,,, in comparison to these awsumely bigger fish that sell upwards of $4XX how much would it cost for someone who is just starting out and wanted 2 inch or so size fish?

common varieties to your more exotic colours.

Also whats the time frame for fry to get to that large size?

MangoR34
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 10:26 AM
Hiya Nick,

For novice i advice to buy fish at around 2-3inchs. They usually around 15-30$ each. I advice a pond around 300L, in a years time they should be around 6-7inchs. If provided a larger size, from egg...they can be around 30cm! But it depends on genetics, water quality and pond size.

The normal petstore fish is around 15-30$ the more quality ones...ive seen 3inch koi cost over $2xx! So I advise to stick with the more cheaper until your more experienced with koi.

Mango :)

nicholas76
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 10:35 AM
thanks mango

ive signed up to the site and have a mind full of ideas lol

chat soon