PDA

View Full Version : WTB: CO2 diffuser or a complete system!!

d6c1
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 09:46 AM
Im after a CO2 diffuser for my DIY system at home. Currently using an airstone, but that gets clogged up after a while.

If you got one you made or one thats spare from a system, please let me know.

Or if you got a complete system, PM with details.

Thanks

ellwa
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 10:17 AM
Hi Toufic,

If you are looking to buy one, what sort of price are you looking for?

What is your application?[water volume]

There are a few options out there, including building your own.

I have an aquamedic CO2 diffusor that came with my kit.. All I'm really using from it at the moment is the bottle[as a spare] and the regulator...

HTH

Elliot.

Auqarium Products Wholesale

Aqua Medic Internal C02 Reactor (Price: $89.95 AUD)

The Reactor 500 is an amazing device for introducing CO2 into your live plant aquarium. Water is pumped from top to bottom, opposing the bubbles of CO2 gas that rise slowly through the spiral dissolution path with extraordinary contact time. This advanced design ensures a high dissolution rate for efficient use of the CO2 gas. The Reactor 500 can be mounted inside the aquarium or, space permitting, within your open filtration system. The Reactor 500 is designed for use on live plant aquaria up to 500 litres.

let me know if you're interested.

d6c1
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 10:36 AM
At the moment, my experiement was a 2ft tank, but im looking at expanding that and going 4ft.

Ive looked at DIY, but they look untidy in tanks.

Is there any other components to the internal C02 reactor? Does it come with a pump etc?

I make CO2, but most probably when i go bigger, I will be looking at getting a complete unit.. Ive seen them for just over the $100 (second hand).

Nathan
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 11:14 AM
r u using yeast based co2 toufic?

d6c1
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 11:14 AM
At the moment yes.

Nathan
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 11:17 AM
and your looking for a reactor for the yeast based co2?

d6c1
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 11:20 AM
No. Im looking for a diffuser.. The one that connects right at the end of the sytem to break down the bubbles. I've looked at DIY and they look shonky and ugly in the tank..

Yeast reactor? I thought that would be the bottle with sugar and yeast...? No?

My current setup is a 1.5L bottle with sugar and yeast, with a silicon tube going to an airstone into the tank.. The stone leaks the C02 into the water, but over time its getting clogged and i really have had enough of pulling it out everytime to clean it.

Ive seen very nice units that are attached to the inside of a tank and munch the bubbles into small fine ones for release into the water.

I dont want to put it to the powerfilter, because I am using one of those stingray filters. And thats not always on!

Thanks

Nathan
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 11:31 AM
yea i kno what u mean.

theres a lot of different erminology when it comes to different co2 componants, specially with DIY. I call the bottle with the yeast an sugar the generator, an the a reactor something that dissolves the co2 into the water, theres many different ways.

the way of using the airstone (i call it an atomizer) is the way i use mine in a 2' tank, an works really well, riccia an java fern is pearling most days! ive never had a problem with yeast water going into my tank, i use a 1.25l bottle an fill it with a l of water an make sure the tube is no where near the yeast mix, therefore not allowing any of it going into the tank.

another option is to have an empty bottle on your yeast based co2 between your ''generator'' an the tank, this allowing any yeast mix going into the empty bottle not your tank. With cleaning it, u could always give it a quick rub with your finger an that should get rid of most of the crap each w/c.

have a look at this one, im not sure if this is the kind of thing your looking for but i think it may work for your situation,

http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1954

however its kinda big.

d6c1
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 11:36 AM
Thanks mate..

Ive considered the two bottle solution, but i rather minimise bottles etc...

I dont have any yeast going in the tank. the tube is well above the water line in my C02 generator, and i really dont shake the bottle...Yet my air stone keeps getting clogged up!!!

Maybe I will invert a small clear tube of somekind, and connect the C02 tube to it, and then cover the end with fine fine mesh, which will break the bubbles as they escape out.. Mind you, it will have to be small..

Ive seen the diffusers (atomizer, reactor etc...) like that and they are a neat unit.. they are usually part of an expensive system and I havent been able to locate them on their own.

Nathan
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 11:43 AM
i think you should wait until this new T.B.A site comes out then have a look there, or eevn email them when they launch asking them if there able to get one in (i think youl find theyl be able to ).

check this out, i think you may find something your looking for here, also the shipping is quite cheap considering its from the U.S.

Hint: dont forget to change the currency to AUD, its maybe 1/5 down the page on the green bar on your right!!

http://www.jbjnanocubes.com/index.html?lmd=38989.792153

d6c1
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 11:48 AM
Thanks mate..

This is exaclty what I have in mind!!

http://www.jbjnanocubes.com/contents/media/t_tn_dupla%20co2%20diff.JPG

Nathan
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 11:53 AM
i had a feeling it might have been, they are a small compact looking unit!

let us know if u end up buying one!