PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Finding Discus seller on Central Coast

enigmatic
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of setting up another tank and hope to be in a position to buy some Discus in about 4 - 6 weeks.

I live at Green Point which is on the Central Coast in NSW. Is there anyone local breeding Discus and have some they would like to sell?

Can anyone recommend a LFS that I could go to for quality Discus?

I'm new to Discus but looking forward to getting started.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

turquoisegirl1
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 02:17 AM
hey, i happen to live in green point too, and the erina aquarium has some fair discus from time to time...apart from tht, your best hope is sydney...
hope that helps.

:)

Jacqui

enigmatic
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 07:17 AM
Have been out and about today. Erina did have some Discus but I'm not convinced of their health. Saying that, I'm not looking to buy today.

Fantasea aquariums in Wyoming are promising to have new stock in a few weeks - they only had 2 juveniles today.

Looks like I have some local choice at least and will keep and eye on Slippery Little Suckers as well.

Cheers,

Chris

*Chris*
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 07:55 AM
have you asked MAC if he has any juvies
he lives up there somwhere LOL
chris

SandyLynne
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 08:10 AM
I am from North Gosford and think I have been to nearly every aquarium on the Central Coast.

Long Jetty always have discus but buyer beware as many are usually poor quality.

Fantasea aquariums in Wyoming purchase some of their stock from Slippery Little Suckers so I guess it would be cheaper from the original source. I have found Fantasea have little experience in Discus or any tropicals as they mostly focus on marine.

Erina charges like a wounded bull for juvies. Aquatic Life Aquariums at North Gosford usuallly have some discus in stock and I have bought a few from them but my next purchase will definately be from Slippery Little Suckers. I drove down there a couple of weeks ago and found George and Michella extremely helpful.

mistakes r crucial
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 07:40 PM
Hey Ex,

Just a bit North of there mate, like an hour North of Brisbane lol. I suppose he could always pop in for a coffee Saturday morning, pick up a few fish and drive back in the arvo, he should get home by Sunday morning :lol:

Enigmatic, we have plenty of juves ready depending on what strains you're after and we can ship anywhere.
MAC