PDA

View Full Version : external co2 reactor, suggestions?

Nathan
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:52 AM
hey guys im wanting to buy an external co2 reactor for my 200l tank, im just wondering if anyone has any suggestions (id preffer to buy it online).

it needs to be of high quality and suitable for a 200l tank that will use a high dosage of co2.

any suggestions are welcome, oh and i dont really wanna go down the DIY road, im quite capable of making it an i have designs etc the problem is finding the right fittings an i also dont wanna risk any problems with it (leaks especially!!)

anyway thanx again for everyones help

Phlipper
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:57 PM
There are a lot of designs and everyone seems to have their preference, but here is an idea I have tried with success that is so simple.

It uses a simple pair of inline garden irrigation filters commonly available from any hardware store or garden centre.......link two of them together using a standard piece of tubing, tap a Co2 line in near one end and each end of the filters to the return pipe of your filter...........

This is the type of irrigation filter I refer to, I paid $1:00 for each, shown pulled apart

Phlipper
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:59 PM
Put back together again with the fine filter inside to break up the Co2 into the water

Phlipper
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 01:01 PM
Link two together for better reactor action, but one may suffice....the Co2 goes in one end and both ends of filters attatch to return pipe of aquarium filter

Nathan
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 05:37 AM
hey thanx for that, thats a great idea, looks simple to.

so what did u use to make a little inlet thing for the co2 line?

also do they have a specific name?

Phlipper
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 06:03 AM
That's just a standard "T" piece fort 13mm polytube with a 6mm outlet, may have trouble locating that bit, that one I have is from a Hydro shop. You dont need it really, you can just plug the Co2 into the poly tube using a common threaded plug from any hardware store.