PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium Supplies Australia - Now Online

Pages : [1] 2

ASA
Wed Oct 11, 2006, 12:35 PM
Some of you may have read or heard that there will be a new online retailer opening soon, well that is 100% correct.

By the 28th - 29th of October the new website will be launched, and the opening specials will be unlike any specials you have seen before.

As we are in the process of finalising the website, we are also bulk purchasing products, especially Canister Filters from various suppliers. What this thread is focused on is to give us an idea of just what sort of a demand there will be for such items at the prices we are considering.

Examples:

Eheim Classic 2213 $99.95
Eheim Classic 2215 $149.95
Eheim Classic 2217 $189.95

Eheim Pro III 2080 $529.95

Fluval FX5 $319.95

Jebo 835 Quick Start (1100lph) $99.95
Jebo 838 Quick Start (1200lph) $109.95
Jebo 950 Giant (3600lph) $259.95

We will be stocking all your favourite brands, and many new products yet to be seen online or in stores. There will also be an extensive range of reptile products listed as well.

DiscusForums.com members will also be entitled to a discount on all non-sale items, and be able to particpate in forum member only sales.

Thank you

DR.V
Wed Oct 11, 2006, 01:23 PM
Those eheim classic are really cheap !!

ASA
Wed Oct 11, 2006, 10:29 PM
On top of the great savings on the Canister filter range, across the board for the first month of operating everything will be heavily discounted.

Some of the brands we may be carrying:

Acrylic Oceans
ADA
Aquael
Aqualina
AquaMedic
Aquasonic
Aquatronica
Biotec
De-Bary (AquaUV)
Dupla
Eden pumps
Eheim
Fluval
Giesemann
Hagen
HBH
Hikari
Jebo
JBJ USA
Laguna
Mag-Float
Oase
Pentair
Red Sea
Schego
Sera
Teco

...and more to come

Ben
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 01:21 AM
thats great news!!

those classic eheim prices are crazy!!

flaggy
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 01:46 AM
Interesting post from Proteus on AusFishForum:

http://www.ausfishforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62840&highlight=

Proteus
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 02:07 AM
Interesting post from Proteus on AusFishForum

Similar thing has been posted here for several days - http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9378

From AusFishForum:

Smells fishy :P APW disappears and now this??

APW hasnt disappeared.

I was the person who had the idea for, and bulit APW from scratch, including being the person that ran things up until last month.

APW is a very complex website, the current operators requested that it be transferred off my personal dedicated server, to a shared server, and in the process it appears some issues have arisen.

I no longer wish to associate with the other parties involved with APW and so am directing my resources at building this new site, which is almost complete.

So there ya have it, straight from the source.

:wink:

It isnt that interesting, just the truth

Nathan
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 06:26 AM
those eheim prices are just deadset cheap!!! if u think u may need another cannister filter then heres probly your only chance youl be able to buy one this cheap!!

looking forward to seeing the site up an running, ill definitely be a customer!

samir
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 06:43 AM
how about spare parts for canisters and AquaStar water ager .

ASA
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 07:08 AM
how about spare parts for canisters and AquaStar water ager .

If the spare part is available though the supplier, we will order it in for you. For common things like impellors, clips, taps etc, we will gradually build up a comprehensive stock range which will be on hand at all times.

AquaStar Water Ager is simply Water Ager ACN by Biotec, just in a different label (5ml per 350L). We will be stocking this (Water Ager ACN) in 120ml, 250ml, 500ml, 1L, 2L & 4L

500ml should be approx $26

2L should be approx $89

samir
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 07:21 AM
2L should be approx $89

that would be 140000 liters for $89 if my math is right. i can live with that :lol: :lol: :lol: . hurry up and get yourself online.

MattB
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 09:07 AM
It says above that you will be stocking "JBJ USA"

Does this include the JBJ Nano Cubes?

ASA
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 09:44 AM
It says above that you will be stocking "JBJ USA"

Does this include the JBJ Nano Cubes?

Yes we will , however in Australia they are branded as Orca (identical product). They come in a 25L. 35L & 80L size with a high capacity filtration unit built into the back of the tank, not overhead like many other small complete tanks. They also come standard with Power Compact lighting that isnt too difficult to upgrade if need be.

There are plenty of articles on reef nano tanks on the MASA website ( http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB2/index.php ) just do a search on Orca or Boyu.

Mattzilla
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 09:44 AM
absolutely wicked!!!! can't wait!!!!

Proteus
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 09:57 AM
After seeing one of these small tanks the other day, I am more than interested. The filter area is huge for such a small tank, and it is hidden behind a partition at the rear of the tank (no need for any background pictures or paper).

more info can be found HERE (http://www.jbjnanocubes.com/index.html?lmd=38989.792153)

Some images off the JBJ USA site

Mattzilla
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:03 AM
what are they worth and what filtration do they use....guess i should probably just read the website...hmmmm

AussieStar
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:06 AM
got new Fluval 405s? im keen for some. ANd those Nano are the best, my mate has one as a marine, so good

Mattzilla
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:07 AM
well part of it anyway

The nano cubes discreet filtration system is discreet and provides maximum space for tank inhabitants.

Mechanical- filter sponge will trap detritus and free floating particulate matter.
Chemical- Activated carbon bag removes dissolved organics and odor.
Biological-Ceramic rings & Bio-balls provide the ideal environment for beneficial bacteria keeping your freshwater or saltwater fish tank in a healthy state.

Nathan
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:12 AM
will u be supplying JBJ co2 equipment aswel?

ASA
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:28 AM
will u be supplying JBJ co2 equipment aswel?

I believe we should be able to get the JBJ C02 products. As you may have noticed, they (JBJ) also have an affiliation with Aqua Medic & Dupla products (regional agent I believe).

To give you an idea on pricing of the Nano tanks: (approx prices only)

25L = $98.95
35L = $115.95
80L = $175.95

(this includes twin lighting, biological filtration media & fan)

Mattzilla
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:37 AM
this may be a dumb question but why the fan?

what is the main difference betweens the nano tanks and tanks like aqua one style tanks...besides the filter?

cheers

matt

ASA
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:37 AM
got new Fluval 405s? im keen for some. ANd those Nano are the best, my mate has one as a marine, so good

We will have some new 405's in stock.

Pricing is still to be determined on them, but it would be in the vicinity of $195 to $215

MattB
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:38 AM
Wow, didnt realise how many people were interested in these. I'm planning to set one up in a couple of months time; just planning and working out costs etc. at the moment.

It would be great to see if any of you guys set one up also, so I can see what to do- as this would be my first attempt at marine :). Anyway, cant wait for the new site as it should be really helpful with both my discus tank and possible nano :D.

Also, should all this talk about nanos be moved to another thread so as not to bulldoze the current one?

Nathan
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:38 AM
thats some damn good pricing!

yeah i noticed on there site they have a lot of dupla an aqua medic gear.

Proteus
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:43 AM
this may be a dumb question but why the fan?

what is the main difference betweens the nano tanks and tanks like aqua one style tanks...besides the filter?

cheers

matt

Power Compact lights can get quite warm, these are the only complete tanks that I know of that have a fan, or a couple of fans built into the canopy (just the small fans that help cool your processor in your computer or laptop).

Main difference is the filter area, over double what Aqua One offers, plus these tanks are dead easy to modify, if you want a more powerful or weaker powerhead, no problem, just change it. Also the cavity where the light sits has ample room to add more lights which a lot of reefers or planted tank keepers do.

Because there is no filter in the hood, it is very light and easy to remove, great feature for maintenence.

Matt, Wabecca has these tanks down at the shop... check em out....

Robdog
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:49 AM
Those tanks look great Pro. I'd definitely be interested in some of them.
I use the small aquaones as apisto breeders and they are great EXCEPT for the filter options. I think this may be problem solved!

What hiatus? :wink:

Proteus
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:53 AM
What hiatus? :wink:

oops, ok... sorry...

:roll:

Cuong
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:56 AM
Those nano tanks sound great, would be perfect for a first tank for hte girlfriend :lol:

Mattzilla
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 11:01 AM
thanks proteus, i'll check extreme out tomorrow if i get time.

i am thinking of seeting up a small marine tank in the next few months so these nano tanks sound like exactly what i am after

thanks

MattB
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 11:03 AM
Also, dont know if you guys have read this famous thread on nano-reef.com by "steelhealr". Has a whole heap of information about setting up, maintaining and modding the 80L Nano Cube.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54602&hl=stealhealr

Very long read though... :)

Xtreme
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 11:39 AM
thanks proteus, i'll check extreme out tomorrow if i get time.

i am thinking of seeting up a small marine tank in the next few months so these nano tanks sound like exactly what i am after

thanks

They come with matching stands as well, very nice.

Matt I will smack you tomorrow if you dont spell my name right! :P :P

Mattzilla
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 11:49 AM
maybe i like to be smacked....

correct spelling is??????

Xtreme
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:10 PM
Right then a smackin it is then !! :D

Xtreme - just X no e,.

Thank you for your time. :D

Mattzilla
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:11 PM
OOOOOHHHHHHH.....

hahahaha

didn't even know i was doing that. yeah i deserve a smackin for that.

cheers big ears

matt

Ben
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 01:49 PM
Those little tanks are sensational!!

Excellent timing aswell! Just before Xmas!

My wife want's a little tank with Nemo's....perfect set up!

AussieStar
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 06:55 AM

Pricing is still to be determined on them, but it would be in the vicinity of $195 to $215
Oh yer been want to hear that

G-1000
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 02:32 PM
What about De-Bary UV systems ?

How much ?

G

ASA
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 07:43 AM

Pricing has been set:

Fluval 105 = $99.95
Fluval 205 = $119.95
Fluval 305 = $149.95
Fluval 405 = $199.95
Fluval FX5 = $299.95

All Fluval canister filters now come with a 6 YEAR WARRANTY

These specials will be for a very limited time only.

We are also willing to place pre-orders for any of the filters on special, and the more people that show interest, the more chance the prices may be able to come down even further.

If you are serious about buying one of these filters at this price, feel free to send us a PM with details of what you are interested in, and we will ensure one is allocated to you in the event that we sell out at this price.

ASA
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 07:49 AM
We will also be carrying the Sacem Marathon canister filters at prices not yet seen in Australia, all will be available for immediate shipping.

ASA
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 07:50 AM
What about De-Bary UV systems ?

How much ?

G

Which particular model where you after?

I can assure you, we will have the lowest prices in the country on these items as well, not just for the launch special, but everyday thereafter.

G-1000
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 08:28 AM
How much would it be for say - an AN-25E ?

G

ASA
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 08:38 AM
How much would it be for say - an AN-25E ?

G

approx $459.95

:D

ASA
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 08:45 AM
Laguna Pressure Flo Pond Filters with built in UV Sterilizers have also received the magic touch in regards to pricing.

These will be by pre-order only, so if you want details send a PM

Laguna Pressure Flo Pond Filter 2500 + 8 watt UV = $259.95
Laguna Pressure Flo Pond Filter 5000 + 11 watt UV = $279.95
Laguna Pressure Flo Pond Filter 8000 + 20 watt UV = $349.95
Laguna Pressure Flo Pond Filter 12000 + 25 watt UV = $469.95

:D

G-1000
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 09:29 AM
And what about hydor inline heaters? ETH 300 for example ?

G

ASA
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 09:34 AM
And what about hydor inline heaters? ETH 300 for example ?

G

We wont be stocking Hydor from the outset, although we can look into adding some of there products, if only on a order by order basis

ASA
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 12:13 PM
All Aqua Medic & Red Sea C02 control gear will be priced at up to 30% off for the first few weeks of trading.

Nathan
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 12:21 PM
whats T.B.A stand for, is it the new store name or 'to be advised'?

Proteus
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 12:30 PM
To Be Advised.... :wink:

Nathan
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 12:41 PM
what sort of items an prices should we be expecting for the 'forum members only sales'?

ASA
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 12:05 AM
what sort of items an prices should we be expecting for the 'forum members only sales'?

Each week an item or a couple of items will be placed on special which will only be accessible to Discus Forums members, for example:

Seachem Prime 500ml will usually sell for $27.95

If placed on special it may be reduced to $22.95

The discount will only be accessible by way of using a special discount code that will be posted on the forums here, in a members only viewable area. When the order is placed, you will need to add your username to the comments field as well (any orders from non DiscusForums.com members will be reverted to the normal price).

Nathan
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 01:39 AM
oh thats a grat idea, i think itl also increase the members of this forum aswel as any others that this offer is a part of.

thatl be great!

Merrilyn
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 03:38 AM
I need more of that wonderful ADA amazonia soil.

It makes fish breed, and the plants grow, so I'm going to change over all my tanks.

Will there be a discount for bulk purchases ???

:P

shewey
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 05:31 AM
I need 4 or 5 bags of aquasoil as well. I would certainly buy them as long as the shipping prices due to the weight of them is not too high.

Cheers,
Mark

Nathan
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 08:53 AM
the shipping is way cheaper then at APW, i got a price on this order i wanna make, an the shipping is $30 cheaper with this company then it was with APW.

ASA
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 09:01 AM
I need 4 or 5 bags of aquasoil as well. I would certainly buy them as long as the shipping prices due to the weight of them is not too high.

Cheers,
Mark

Shipping rates have not been finalised yet, however we are hoping to have a simple 3 tier system, i.e. $7.50, $12.00 & $15.00 (based on where the recipient lives and the size/weight of the package).

Free postage may be offered on certain items, or for orders over a certain value as well.

Mulisha
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 09:24 AM
Sound Great T.B.A can't wait :shock:

AussieStar
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 09:56 AM
just pay off the card credit and im waiting for this new onlinr store to get going, cant wait till it opens

AussieStar
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 09:57 AM
and another thing
Will u be selling live plants like APW did?

ASA
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 10:11 AM
and another thing

To start off with the Plant range available will be almost the same as what the other online shop has, only 10-15% cheaper on most if not all items.

We have just started to make arrangements with 2 other plant wholesalers and suppliers so the range should increase dramatically over the coming months. One area we will be getting involved in is Native aquatic plants to Australia which is a very exciting prospect indeed.

AussieStar
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 12:41 PM
and another thing

To start off with the Plant range available will be almost the same as what the other online shop has, only 10-15% cheaper on most if not all items.

We have just started to make arrangements with 2 other plant wholesalers and suppliers so the range should increase dramatically over the coming months. One area we will be getting involved in is Native aquatic plants to Australia which is a very exciting prospect indeed.

is this some kind of dream? Im Lovin it

Proteus
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 01:01 PM
tap tap.... nah, you are awake... lol

Robdog
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 03:15 PM
One area we will be getting involved in is Native aquatic plants to Australia which is a very exciting prospect indeed.

That's an awesome idea. If only someone would take the ADA contest by storm with a unique Aussie plants only tank! Hang on....deja vu :wink: :lol:

I think if done properly it would win for sure if not only for novelty value.

enigmatic
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 08:22 AM
I'm very keen to learn more about this new store as I'm in the process of getting ready to set up a new tank.

I already know I need to order:

4 x ADA Amazonia Aqua Soil 9L Normal
1 Power Sand Special M 6L

And I'm looking at quite a few plants and other stuff too.

Please tell me more - any pricing on the ADA stuff?

Any launch date?

Nathan
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 08:40 AM
By the 28th - 29th of October the new website will be launched, and the opening specials will be unlike any specials you have seen before.

thats ya launch date there! its in the first page! :wink:

Proteus
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 09:11 AM
There are not enough hours in the day...

The 28th - 29th is the absolute latest the site will be launched, there is a possibility that the site may be ready for deployment this weekend.

enigmatic
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 09:16 AM

thats ya launch date there! its in the first page! :wink:

DOH! :oops:

Sorry, read it and forgot it by the time I got to the end of the thread :oops:

enigmatic
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 09:18 AM
There are not enough hours in the day...

The 28th - 29th is the absolute latest the site will be launched, there is a possibility that the site may be ready for deployment this weekend.

Please, please, please launch this weekend :lol:

I have a credit card ready and willing to spend on :)

More importantly, I have permission from the financial controller 8-)

Proteus
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 09:24 AM
Send a PM to the T.B.A. username listing what you want and someone will get back to you in regards to getting a pre-order in and items sent asap

Tunnel Rat
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 09:27 AM
Please, please, please launch this weekend :lol:

I have a credit card ready and willing to spend on :)

More importantly, I have permission from the financial controller 8-)

Yeh what he said :lol:
But I am my financial controller :? that could be the reson I never have any money :(

Rat

Robdog
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 02:46 AM
ASA huh?

Aquatic Sales Australia?
Aardvaak's Silvery Armour?

I give up!

Proteus
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 02:51 AM
ASA huh?

Aquatic Sales Australia?
Aardvaak's Silvery Armour?

I give up!

not even close...

no cigar for you Rob

MattB
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 02:57 AM
I'm guessing

Allied Sales Aquariums???

Proteus
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 03:02 AM
Maybe a discount coupon should be offered to anyone who can work it out...

actually, that sounds like a plan...

Only 1 guess per member (from now)

The 1st member who gets it exactly correct (down to the last letter) will get a $10 voucher towards any purchase on the new website.

Robdog
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 03:11 AM
Maybe I'll go down to Xteme and twist Rebecca's arm!

Liverpool_pete
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 03:11 AM
Here is my guess

http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au/

Ben
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 03:14 AM
mmmm.....

i think pete might have hit the nail on the head!!

Proteus
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 03:18 AM
looks like someone did a reverse dns on the server...

smart thinking 99

whilst the question wasnt answered correctly, it is close enough...

oh, you forgot about

www.aquariumsupplies.com.au

&

www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com

details will be sent via PM later regarding the discount voucher

Robdog
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 07:21 AM
looks like someone did a reverse dns on the server...

He did a what with the who?? :?

How about something for the closest non-nerd?? :lol:

ASA
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 07:27 AM
I am sure something can be worked out for you Rob

We are hoping that the website will be up and running this weekend sometime which is a week ahead of what we anticipated. At least now that we have got all the paperwork and legal stuff out of the way (business registrations, trademarks, company incorporation etc) we can release the business name, logo and web address.

www.AquariumSuppliesAustralia.com.au (http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au)

We should be able to get some of the pre-orders away later this week, and for those that require anything, feel free to send us an email at sales@aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au and we will get back to you promptly, and I am sure you will be more than impressed at the prices we will be offerring.

Also, until the website is finished and ready for launch there is nothing really to see there except for an ugly security login box - sorry.

Thank you

AussieStar
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 08:56 AM
Well its already into my Favourites list. Cant wait for the launch dat eand when im ready to order

Xtreme
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 10:46 AM
Maybe I'll go down to Xteme and twist Rebecca's arm!

is that before ar after we get married?!

shake
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 12:05 PM
I can't stop drooling. If all that has been posted is true and prices will be cheaper than *** (Cheap prices I like) then sorry *** unless you become cheaper you have lost my business. Go ASA.

Also can I suggest something, since you will be buying Dupla products from David Burnett could you look at the Elos range since he is the importer/distributor of these fantastic products.

Robdog
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure what you are hinting at but I'm keen to try before I buy!! :wink:

I was lurking around Taren Point this afternoon actually and dropped in. Not like crazy internet stalker lurking but just to see where you guys were. Spoke to one guy about the Orca tanks and saw another bloke on crutches talking about jumping thru windows :shock:

Xtreme
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 11:52 PM
You so were stalking me and I wasnt even there! lol! :D :P

samir
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 11:59 PM
next time please inform him of you whereabouts so he may stalk more efficiently :P .
Wish you good luck with the new site Proteus.

Robdog
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 03:00 AM
That's right! Don't think that you are the only person I stalk. :shock: I had arranged 2 other stalkings that I had to miss out on because of the drive to the Shire. And why did the shop smell like waffles? :shock: :lol:

Proteus
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 03:02 AM
Waffles....

shhhhh, it is the new way to attract customers :wink:

subliminal smell messaging

:lol:

Robdog
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 03:39 AM
My job actually does that at the moment. Gives all the staff migraines. Good stuff!! :roll:

Oh yeah, on topic. Canisters, canisters, canisters

Xtreme
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 12:58 AM
And why did the shop smell like waffles? :shock: :lol:

We have a unique way of attracting customers to our shop by releasing a vaopur that leads them in and numbs their minds as well.

And we have a cake factory behind us :D :P

MattB
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 08:26 AM
Any updates about the site coming online this weekend?

Also, I've been browsing protein skimmers (for a possible marine set-up :)) and I'm wondering what likely prices you guys might have on ones suitable for a 200-300L tank. Thanks in advance :)

ASA
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 11:27 AM
Any updates about the site coming online this weekend?

Also, I've been browsing protein skimmers (for a possible marine set-up :)) and I'm wondering what likely prices you guys might have on ones suitable for a 200-300L tank. Thanks in advance :)

We were hoping Sunday might be an option but given the huge amount of work we still have to complete, Tuesday would be a more realistic target.

In regards to skimmers, I am sure some of the prices we will available for the first week or so will make your jaw hit the ground.

Some of the high quality European made Berlin skimmers will be priced several hundred dollars below what anyone else sells them for in Australia currently.

i.e. Classic Berlin Skimmer with pump (will do up to a 1,000L tank) normally $549.95 - for the ASA launch $369.95

Cuttas
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 11:34 AM
Hey Proteus

Any chance of you stocking Korallin Sulfur Based Biodenitrator. If so can you let me know your price.

Thanks

Proteus
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 11:55 AM
Hey Proteus

Any chance of you stocking Korallin Sulfur Based Biodenitrator. If so can you let me know your price.

Thanks

I know the product, but have no idea who the importer/supplier is

Tunnel Rat
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 12:19 PM
Hey Proteus

Thanks

Hey Cuttas
Welcome aboard :thumb
The KSBB filter what do you know about it ?
I too am looking for a nitrate filter.

Is your Standard 2ft blue gourami tank getting over crowded ? You do need to lower your nitrate 600mg is a bit high :mrgreen:

Rat

Tunnel Rat
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 12:33 PM
Hey Proteus

Thanks

I know the product, but have no idea who the importer/supplier is

Hey Proteus
I looked at the KSBB filter that Cuttas is talking about some time ago am I right in saying that it will buff the ph up high because of the enriched calcium that this system runs.

Hey Cuttas your Blue Gourami's may not like that :mrgreen:

cya
Rat

Proteus
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 12:44 PM
From personal use I like the Aqua Medic Nitrate Reductors. I believe the Deltec units are very good as well, but very spendy.

StonX
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 01:03 PM
What brand of T5 tube will you be stocking? I'm after a 2 footer with the right spectrum for plants?

ASA
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 11:24 PM
What brand of T5 tube will you be stocking? I'm after a 2 footer with the right spectrum for plants?

We are yet to finalise the full range of T5 lights that we will carry. We have 2ft Aqua Medic Planta tubes available at the moment.

Cuttas
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 12:05 AM
Hey Cuttas
Welcome aboard :thumb
The KSBB filter what do you know about it ?
I too am looking for a nitrate filter.

Is your Standard 2ft blue gourami tank getting over crowded ? You do need to lower your nitrate 600mg is a bit high :mrgreen:

Rat

Hey Rat
Just done a little research on the net and read the marine forums where they rate it the best nitrate reductor. Media change over every 2 to 3 years. Uses built in eheim pump and is made in Germany. The problem with coral bone buffering the PH too high is my main concern I wonder if another media could be used instead of the coral bone heres a picture of the unit.

http://www.korallin.com/s1501eng.html

Unlike yourself the only time you will see a Blue gourami in my tank Rat will be if it is a feeder :lol:

DiscusEden
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 01:21 AM
Proteus,
Will you have UV inline units for sale? I'm after something for a 540L tank, to attach to an Eheim Pro II 2080. Was considering a pondmaster 11w, but could be something else if you recommend it. Will you have something suitable? And the price?

Also after 2x Eheim Jager heaters & another for a 2 ft tank.

Can you help me out?

DiscusEden

ASA
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 01:28 AM
Will you have UV inline units for sale? I'm after something for a 540L tank, to attach to an Eheim Pro II 2080. Was considering a pondmaster 11w, but could be something else if you recommend it. Will you have something suitable? And the price?

Also after 2x Eheim Jager heaters & another for a 2 ft tank.

Can you help me out?

DiscusEden

We will be carrying a large range of UV Sterilizers, with an emphasis on the high quality European brands. Over the first few weeks all De Bary & Pentair (Lifegard) units will be on special.

Which size Jager heaer were you after, we will have all sizes available but only limited sizes on hand for the first week or so of trading.

DiscusEden
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 01:40 AM
I was thinking 2x 300w, then something for a 2 ft tank - not sure what size I need.

Is there a De Bary or Pentair that uses a Phillips bulb that you'd recommend for this setup?

Thanks again,
DiscusEden

DiscusEden
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 02:19 AM
Oh, it was an Eheim pro II 2028 to hook the UV to.

ASA
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 02:29 AM
De Bary use German made Sylvania tubes and Pentair we will have to get back to you on the Pentair tubes.

We must stress that the De Bary product is more expensive than the Pondmaster, however its effectiveness and lifespan are far greater, especially with the Electronic ballast models. (tubes last 50% longer)

DiscusEden
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 02:38 AM
Will you be stocking the tubes? Are they generally available in Australia?

What size would I need?

Any word on the heaters?

A warning - the next project is the CO2.

Thanks heaps,
DiscusEden

ASA
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 02:44 AM
Will you be stocking the tubes? Are they generally available in Australia?

What size would I need?

Any word on the heaters?

A warning - the next project is the CO2.

Thanks heaps,
DiscusEden

We will have a full range of replacement tubes in stock as of next week.

In regards to UV, the bigger is better generally (within reason of coarse), although a lot has to do with what you want to spend.

300w Jager heaters will be in stock prior to the website being launched, price $42.95ea ($39.95 for Discus Forums members only)

We will have a huge range of C02 equipment listed, with a larger range than any other supplier in the country.

*Chris*
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 03:04 AM
hi guys im after replacement globes for a jebo R375 but i need some highoutput ones for a soon to be fully planted tank
i was wondering if you had any solutions or globes
chris

G-1000
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 03:31 AM
What are you stocking in the way of meds ?

G

ASA
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 03:35 AM
hi guys im after replacement globes for a jebo R375 but i need some highoutput ones for a soon to be fully planted tank
i was wondering if you had any solutions or globes
chris

We will get back to you on that, need to check with the supplier and what is compatible.

ASA
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 03:40 AM
What are you stocking in the way of meds ?

G

The usual suspects such as Melafix & Pimafix

All the Waterlife products, i.e. Sterazin, Protozin, Myxazin & Octozin

Aquasonic Bactonex, Ichonex

The entire CPV Aquarium Science medication range

(if anything has been left off, please let us know and we will try and get it)

Robdog
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 03:43 AM
To give you an idea on pricing of the Nano tanks: (approx prices only)
25L = $98.95
35L = $115.95
80L = $175.95
(this includes twin lighting, biological filtration media & fan)

Will you have the stands for these too and are they extra $$$???

ASA
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 03:57 AM
Yes we will and do have them.

Price TBA

mtchye
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 04:04 AM
ASA: As far as medications go I would probably add a bulk praziquantel based product given the amount of use it gets here on df.com. Apologies if one of the aforementioned meds is prazi based already but I don't really know the trade names.

G-1000
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 04:30 AM
CPV is prazi, but not in a pure form.

So if you need to put it in food, you need pure prazi.

G

k0b0i
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 05:13 AM
Once the site launches and you have all your specials down could this post be edited-reposted so you can view everything under 1 page :D

It feels like dejavu everytime i open this post.. hehe

StonX
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 08:28 AM
We are yet to finalise the full range of T5 lights that we will carry. We have 2ft Aqua Medic Planta tubes available at the moment.

Any idea how much will it cost? are they the best & value for plants available here?

ASA
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 08:38 AM
Any idea how much will it cost? are they the best & value for plants available here?

2ft = $18.95

Excellent value and we are in the process of searching for other brands to add to the list.

samir
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 09:05 AM
any chance of getting a medicated fish food in ? maybe one containing an antibiotic and another with prazi/something that hits nematodes.

AussieStar
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 11:43 AM
What about Chillers? i want one to do a 6x2x2 easily.

ASA
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 11:43 AM
ASA: As far as medications go I would probably add a bulk praziquantel based product given the amount of use it gets here on df.com. Apologies if one of the aforementioned meds is prazi based already but I don't really know the trade names.

We will be stocking Praziquantel 100mg tablets in quantities of 25, 100 & 1000 from as low as 27 cents per tablet.

ASA
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 11:46 AM

Arctica

Teco

Aqua Medic

Hailea

Take your pick :D

ASA
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 11:47 AM
Once the site launches and you have all your specials down could this post be edited-reposted so you can view everything under 1 page :D

It feels like dejavu everytime i open this post.. hehe

We certainly will, might even do some copy/pasting right now :wink:

Eheim Classic 2213 $99.95
Eheim Classic 2215 $149.95
Eheim Classic 2217 $189.95

Eheim Pro III 2080 $529.95

Jebo 835 Quick Start (1100lph) $99.95
Jebo 838 Quick Start (1200lph) $109.95
Jebo 950 Giant (3600lph) $259.95

Orca Nano Tanks

25L = $98.95
35L = $115.95
80L = $175.95

Fluval 105 = $99.95
Fluval 205 = $119.95
Fluval 305 = $149.95
Fluval 405 = $199.95
Fluval FX5 = $299.95

All Fluval canister filters now come with a 6 YEAR WARRANTY

Laguna Pressure Flo Pond Filter 2500 + 8 watt UV = $259.95
Laguna Pressure Flo Pond Filter 5000 + 11 watt UV = $279.95
Laguna Pressure Flo Pond Filter 8000 + 20 watt UV = $349.95
Laguna Pressure Flo Pond Filter 12000 + 25 watt UV = $469.95

Red Sea Classic Berlin Skimmer with pump (will do up to a 1,000L tank) normally $549.95 - for the ASA launch $369.95

300w Jager heaters $42.95ea

...to be continued

StonX
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 12:11 PM
Please Hurry up with the site...I'm getting impatient here. :lol:

Dee
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 12:14 PM
ASA,

Some great pricing there :shock: looking forward to the new site comming online.

Cheers,

Dee :D

goldenpigeon
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 12:57 PM
im particularly interested in filter media as i now need to deck out my new 3ft sump. cant wait till the new site is online.

Davo
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 01:16 PM
Have you had any info re the Eheim Pro 3 2080 electronic?

It has just come onto the market in Europe.

What sort of price do you think it would be over here and when do you think it will be available over here?

Thanks,
Dave.

ASA
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 01:51 PM
Have you had any info re the Eheim Pro 3 2080 electronic?

It has just come onto the market in Europe.

What sort of price do you think it would be over here and when do you think it will be available over here?

Thanks,
Dave.

The 2076, 2078 & 2180 are still 5 weeks away from being available in Europe. Most online stores have them listed already but no stock has been sent out yet.

Australia is due to get the new filters in early to mid January.

There will be a relaunch in 3 weeks tme of the Pro 2226 & 2228 to bridge the gap between the current filter range, and all the Chinese copies available at the moment.

The new Compact+ pumps and Twin Auto Feeder will also be available mid January.

and yes, we do have pricing :wink:

Benny
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 03:24 PM
Hey ASA

Do you have any stock of the Rio Seio Powerheads?

Im settin up a marine tank and would like to purchase one as soon as i can.. :)

Thanx
Ben

ASA
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 10:07 PM
Hey ASA

Do you have any stock of the Rio Seio Powerheads?

Im settin up a marine tank and would like to purchase one as soon as i can.. :)

Thanx
Ben

We wont be stocking this product due to continual issues that keep popping up. They have a bad habit of making a lot of noise (chatter) as the impellor can move around in its housing.

There are quite a few discussions about this on the MASA website forums.

We will be carrying the AquaClear powerhead, Tunze Turbelle powerhead, Tunze Nanostreams and a couple more down the track.

Benny
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 11:01 PM
oh crap... better start saving :(

My take on it was that the seio was alright cos it was not such a concentrated stream of water, like from the aquaclear powerhead. Im on MASA and dont see too much bad vibes, more people seem to like them then dislike them.

Proteus
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 11:07 PM
I purchased 3 for another member on here.

2 of them rattled every now and then, 1 of these was exchanged under warranty and the replacement does the same thing.

Here is a recent thread... http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=170558

A few people are happy with them, several have either returned them or thrown them out, bit of a mixed bag

If you get one that behaves - excellent

Ogre
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 11:18 PM
I have a small Rio internal filter which is very noisy as soon as any form of water flow control is added. I took it back to the LFS and it was whisper quiet then bought it home and you guessed it, noisy as hell.

:<

AussieStar
Sat Oct 21, 2006, 12:39 AM

Arctica

Teco

Aqua Medic

Hailea

Take your pick :D

THis shop is gunna be amazing, cant wait for it.

G-1000
Sat Oct 21, 2006, 12:49 AM

We will be stocking Praziquantel 100mg tablets in quantities of 25, 100 & 1000 from as low as 27 cents per tablet.

Will this be pure prazi ? As in the tablet is 100mg of prazi and thats all ?

I need to get hold of meds that I can put into the discus food...

G

goldenpigeon
Sat Oct 21, 2006, 01:11 AM
hey ASA,
im interested in getting a fair amount of seachem matrix. how much can we expect to pay for matrix?

AussieStar
Sat Oct 21, 2006, 01:21 AM
can a get a rough price on a Teco TR20 Chiller and a HC-500A from Hailea pretty pls

ASA
Sat Oct 21, 2006, 01:28 AM
Will this be pure prazi ? As in the tablet is 100mg of prazi and thats all ?

I need to get hold of meds that I can put into the discus food...

It is 100mg per tablet.

These same tablets ae very widely used to crush up and mix with food.

can a get a rough price on a Teco TR20 Chiller and a HC-500A from Hailea pretty pls

Price will be sent via PM shortly

revkev
Sat Oct 21, 2006, 05:16 AM
Any idea when you will be getting ADA substrates in stock.

ASA
Sat Oct 21, 2006, 05:29 AM

Replied via PM

Nathan
Sun Oct 22, 2006, 01:38 AM
so when do u thnk this site will launch?

shake
Sun Oct 22, 2006, 01:47 AM

Replied via PM

Can you let me know as well because I want to start stocking up for my next project. Also any word about Elos.

StonX
Sun Oct 22, 2006, 01:57 AM
any chance of having a pdf with list of the items stocked & pricing prior to the launch and maybe order via PM?

I know what I need to get but want to see the full listing just in case there are more good stuff - I'm sure there will be :)

MattB
Sun Oct 22, 2006, 11:35 AM
I'm not sure if this has been asked but how long will the specials last for? About a month? Thanks a lot ASA, cant wait till the new site comes online!!! :)

ASA
Sun Oct 22, 2006, 11:48 AM
so when do u thnk this site will launch?

We are hoping for Tuesday. Given the amount of extra features and more user friendly options it has taken a bit longer than expected. If for some reason we find a bug or gremlin in the system we will push the launch back a day or so as we want to ensure that the website, functionality and security are at 110% prior to launch.

Also any word about Elos

We are working on it :wink:

any chance of having a pdf with list of the items stocked & pricing prior to the launch and maybe order via PM?

Given the amount of time that is being spent working on the website and database itself, this wont be an option until the site is launched and is running at full speed. We already have looked at downloadable catalogue options and something may be on the cards, however with well over 1,500 products listed it will take some time to complete.

We will be having a monthly newsletter which you can subscribe to on the index page, or when making an order. This will contain details of new products, specials and customer/member only offers.

I'm not sure if this has been asked but how long will the specials last for? About a month? Thanks a lot ASA, cant wait till the new site comes online!!!

There will be 2 levels of specials, or Aqua Deals as we are going to call them when the site launches. The crazy crazy crazy priced items will be on sale for 1 week only. The rest of the sale price items will maintain there price for the month of November or until stock runs out.

HTH

ASA
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 11:04 AM
Just a quick update.

There is only a 50/50 chance that the site will be ready tomorrow, even with an all nighter planned tonight, plus all day tomorrow it will be a hard task, but we are trying everything we can to get things ready. Beta testing has come back 100% so far.

We are in the final processes of coming to terms with various financial institutions, and will have one of the biggest and best ranges of payment options available for the customer.

American Express, Bankcard, Diners Club International, Mastercard and Visa on top of other options such as Cheque/Money Order, Direct Deposit, EFTPOS (for pickup customers) and PayPal.
(Use of American Express or Diners Club International will incur a 3% service fee)

One feature that will make this new site very unique, is the "Live assistance and guidance feature". Also known as "ASA Live Chat".

http://www.cosdns.net/images/livechat.gif

Instead of having to send an email to ask a question, just click on the link and one of two options will be available, an email will be sent to ASA if no operator is online, or, an Instant Message screen will pop up and you can get all the information you need there and then.

At the top of every page there is a prompt that will advise if Live Support is "Offline" or "Online".

Aside from the advantages of having instant answers when an operator is online, they can also guide you to various products, as well as helping you with product selection. If need be all transcripts can be sent to email for future reference.

Another feature that will slowly be added once all product inventory levels have been added to the site, will be your ability to see exactly what we have in stock, or what the estimated wait time will be for special orders. This should help in your decision making process, as well as reducing the need to ask questions if the information is available up front.

Thank you

mcloughlin2
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 11:17 AM
Man, this site is gunna be heaven *DroOl*

Will you be stocking any laguna pumps?
Any Schego air pumps?

Looking to make a 3 tier system running on a sump so trying to price things.

Sam.

ASA
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 11:22 AM
Man, this site is gunna be heaven *DroOl*

Will you be stocking any laguna pumps?
Any Schego air pumps?

Looking to make a 3 tier system running on a sump so trying to price things.

Sam.

We will have pretty much the entire Laguna & Schego range available, and most of it in stock ready to send.

All the Laguna pumps will be massively reduced for the website launch (up to 30-40% off usual online prices)

enigmatic
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 11:25 AM
Sounds like you are making it even easier for us to part with out money :lol:

I'm really looking forward to this site as it sounds to have everything and some.

Just a shame I'm not going to be able to get the ADA substrate I'm after because another party is being difficult.

Please let me know if you want any more help testing the site before it goes live. Will this have a fix for the search issue that is present on the XXX site?

Dee
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 11:37 AM
One feature that will make this new site very unique, is the "Live assistance and guidance feature". Also known as "ASA Live Chat".

http://www.cosdns.net/images/livechat.gif

Instead of having to send an email to ask a question, just click on the link and one of two options will be available, an email will be sent to ASA if no operator is online, or, an Instant Message screen will pop up and you can get all the information you need there and then.

At the top of every page there is a prompt that will advise if Live Support is "Offline" or "Online".

Aside from the advantages of having instant answers when an operator is online, they can also guide you to various products, as well as helping you with product selection. If need be all transcripts can be sent to email for future reference.

Another feature that will slowly be added once all product inventory levels have been added to the site, will be your ability to see exactly what we have in stock, or what the estimated wait time will be for special orders. This should help in your decision making process, as well as reducing the need to ask questions if the information is available up front.

Thank you

ASA,

Thats a great feature for the website :shock: I have used a similar system on service based sites before and must say it's a great feature to have in place ... well done :D Can't wait to see the new site when it's all in place.

Cheers,

Dee :D

Guppygal
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 11:38 AM
It seems ADA is one of those brands that retailers are prohibited from discounting.

ASA
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 11:47 AM
Will this have a fix for the search issue that is present on the XXX site?

From testing so far it seems the new updated search engine is a lot more refined, however, if you use a common word in your search string like 'Aquarium' or 'Filter' expect to see a lot of responses, same with using a brand name.

In regards to the ADA stock... we are trying

shake
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 12:17 PM
Sounds like you are making it even easier for us to part with out money :lol:

I'm really looking forward to this site as it sounds to have everything and some.

Just a shame I'm not going to be able to get the ADA substrate I'm after because another party is being difficult.

Please let me know if you want any more help testing the site before it goes live. Will this have a fix for the search issue that is present on the XXX site?

If ASA can't get ADA products, if all goes well just wait to see what they replace it with.

They could be the first in Australia to carry the range. The substrate range isn't as extensive as ADA but just as good, and the other equipment and aquariums. You will want to start saving your pennies. It is some of the best equipment I have seen.

ASA
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 12:23 PM
shhhhhhhhhh, dont give too much away...

we are still working on the other product.

Something else we are working on is the new range of consumer products from Tropica in Denmark.

http://www.tropica.com/images/aquacare/ac_plantesubstrat_uk.jpg

PLANT SUBSTRATE acts as a long term nutrition store for waterplants, so ensuring magnificent and healthy waterplant growth. PLANT SUBSTRATE is a natural concentrate of clay and sphagnum, laid at the bottom of the gravel layer when you build your aquarium. Clay and sphagnum slowly release nutrients to waterplant roots and binds nutrition in the water in the bottom layer. Removing nutrition from water reduces the risk of undesirable algae growth.

http://www.tropica.com/images/aquacare/ac_all_uk.jpg

At the end of the day we will be focusing on several key areas in the hobby, one of these areas is planted aquaria for beginners and serious enthusiasts, the key to this will be variety.

shake
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 12:30 PM
I wont say a word.

Well done on the Tropica range. If you get that. Definitely a first for Australia.

I can't wait anymore. I need to see what you will be selling. My wife is finishing work soon because of being pregnant. I want to buy while we have 2 incomes :D

Nathan
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 12:31 PM
so atm ASA doesnt stock ADA?

Proteus
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 12:33 PM
so atm ASA doesnt stock ADA?

Nathan, yes they have a very large range of ADA products, in actual fact everything except the 9L Amazonia Aqua Soils as they were sold over a week ago. All the other Aqua Soils, Powersands, Liquids and accessories are in stock.

enigmatic
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 12:34 PM
In regards to the ADA stock... we are trying

And I do appreciate that - the comment was not aimed at you :lol:

Nathan
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 12:37 PM
oh good to hear, sorry got a little confused with some other comments.

so when can i make that order? an when will u get the 9l amazonia back in stock?

ASA
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 12:44 PM
Nathan, we have had to divert all efforts towards getting the site online, hence the delay with the items you want, plus the fact that a couple of those items are not accessible at the moment. All the other items are or will be in stock in the coming days, once the site is running, 100% of our time will be dedicated to you and all our other potential customers.

Sorry about the delay, but this project keeps getting bigger and bigger by the day, and it doesnt help that we keep getting ideas for new add ons which will make it easy for the end user, but take up more time than we originally expected.

Nathan
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 12:49 PM
alright then, im really excited an looking forward to the launch, i think you guys have a very very busy few months a head of you!!

i have a feeling the site will be extremely busy in the first few days!

just send me an email when your ready with all the gear an ill make the order!

Davo
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 01:07 PM
Just a quick question,

Will ASA be stocking ADA on an ongoing basis?

Thanks,
Dave.

Proteus
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 01:11 PM
Just a quick question,

Will ASA be stocking ADA on an ongoing basis?

Thanks,
Dave.

I guess the answer is it is hoped so, however if supply is prevented there is nothing much that can be done other than to offer equivalent products at a much more reasonable price.

Benny
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 03:16 AM
Any Newz?

Robdog
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 03:40 AM
....even with an all nighter planned tonight, plus all day tomorrow it will be a hard task

I suppose they have to sleep some time?

Boombastic
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 03:43 AM
Looks like the site is still passworded.....I'm sure we'll hear something as soon as the site is made public.

ASA
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 03:49 AM
....even with an all nighter planned tonight, plus all day tomorrow it will be a hard task

I suppose they have to sleep some time?

Sleep... please remind me what that is...

Just waiting for the appropriate regulatory bodies to approve our Secure Certificate, once that comes through, just a few tweaks here and there and the site will be launched.

Late tonight looks like it will be the earliest the site may be available, due to this unforeseen delay (with the certificate we are using it needs to be verified by such organisations as KPMG to ensure your maximum protection).

Benny
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 04:57 AM
Keep up the good work

Hearing those 4 letters, makes me feel even more comfortable with purchasing online through you!

benny

enigmatic
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 08:55 AM
Hearing those 4 letters, makes me feel even more comfortable with purchasing online through you!

Is that because they have employees that shred all the evidence :D :D :D

Benny
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 09:38 AM
Id trust a controls audit by kpmg, over an arthur anderson one.. HEHEHE

Mulisha
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 10:48 AM
Can't wait till this site is up becuase that will be were i'm shopping from now on :wink:

*Chris*
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 11:05 AM
i know you guys are busy and all but any word on the high output lights for the jebo R375
cheers
chris

enigmatic
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 12:08 PM
Can't wait till this site is up becuase that will be were i'm shopping from now on :wink:

Me neither. 22:07 and the site is still not available :(

Who will be the first to get their order in when the site comes on line :?:

DiscusEden
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 12:17 PM
Are we there yet?

Benny
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 12:22 PM
not yet :(

Proteus
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 12:38 PM
Sadly it wont be tonight.

Rest assured everything is being done to get the site online as quickly as possible.

Benny
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 12:39 PM
Bastards!

enigmatic
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 12:44 PM
Bastards!

Be nice - we can go to bed knowing that the site will be up some time soon. Proteus et al on the other hand face another sleepless night.

Go Proteus! Will the new site be sponsored by Red Bull/Lucozade etc etc :?:

Benny
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 01:28 PM
Ro knows im only Joshin :)

xzbit
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:15 AM
Sounds like an awesome site with great specials! Can't wait! Keep up the good work ASA!

vince
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 02:44 AM
how about a new range of books?

especially the one available in Europ,but not in australia before?

I am also cruuently looking for HO t5 fittings or PowerCompacts (with moon light option)

do you sell the TUnZe product as well? Nano streamer is another delicious product.

many thnx and good luck for the launching success!!

ASA
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 02:51 AM
We will certainly look into increasing our range of books, thanks for the suggestion.

We will be adding Tunze products over the next few weeks, and we are currently evaluating what T5 & PC tubes we will be carrying.

Launch should be later this evening. There are a few things we wanted to finish prior to the launch but they can wait (manufacturer list converted to a drop down box instead of a very long list down the side bar)

Merrilyn
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 02:58 AM
Keep up the good work ASA. We know you're doing your best.:P

enigmatic
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 03:10 AM
Launch should be later this evening.

Great news. I've warned the financial controller and will be flexing the credit card between now and then :D

xzbit
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 05:32 AM
Wow can't wait!

ASA
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 05:56 AM
Launch should be later this evening

Correction: Launch WILL be later this evening...

Still adjusting all the wording and descriptions on core pages, however here is a sample of what is to come...

enigmatic
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 05:58 AM
Stop teasing!

Nathan
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 06:07 AM
the waiting is killing me!! :D

have to say we are all thankful for all the hardwork your putting in to get this going asap!

WinnY
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 06:10 AM
mmmm can't wait for it to be launched...

It looks very user friendly :D

Hopefully you stock some algae wafers for my starving catties.

Keep up the Good Work ASA !!

Boombastic
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 06:32 AM
Talk about teasing.....

I saw the pic of the webpage and assumed (without reading the text) that it was up and open to the public.

We are all hanging out for this one.

shewey
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 06:46 AM
Yo Pro!

Theres a typo on your page.

LOL, sorry just joking!

Looks great, bring it on.

Cheers,
Shewey.

lime84
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 06:48 AM
That just looks superb! Keep up the great work!

Can’t wait to get in :-)

Nathan
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 07:54 AM
do u have any idea of aprox what time this site will be online for us?

AussieStar
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 08:03 AM
oh yea any rough idea on the time? my pay should be in by 7.30

Proteus
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 08:04 AM
Within 2-3 hours if all goes to plan...

flaggy
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 09:17 AM
G'day - I remember something about a hidden area visible to DF members only to get a special code for special DF member discounts - or something to that effect, I can't remember and I cannot relocate the exact post since this thread is getting huge!

Is that going to happen soon in order to get the discounts when the ASA site goes online tonight?

Cheers

Merrilyn
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 09:26 AM
All in good time flaggy. :D

What you remember is right.

There will be a separate area for DF members and discounts will apply.

Our fearless leader, Proteus has been working practically non stop for the last three days and nights to bring this to us.

Just give him another couple of hours and all will be revealed :wink:

Proteus
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 09:29 AM
It is not so much an area, it will be specific codes or coupon numbers which can be used to get specific discounts, these will be valid based on the customer listing there username in the comments section when ordering.

AussieStar
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 09:50 AM
Proteus for PM

Proteus
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 09:54 AM
pfffffffffft

no thanks...

Vote for Super Granny instead

Mulisha
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 10:29 AM
LOL Super Granny ... whats my nick name :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :?:

Can't wait till it's launced must be getting near the finish line now :P

Proteus
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 10:35 AM
Just tidying up some listings and adding product images... within the next 30-45 mins

Robdog
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 10:36 AM
Still adjusting all the wording and descriptions on core pages...

I hate to be trivial :roll: but what is the price on a "Large Java Fern Test Kit" :wink: :lol:

Proteus
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 10:42 AM
obviously someone didnt read the message prior to the image... :wink:

It is called testing, the same words are in 3 places to check spacing etc

Robdog
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 10:52 AM
I didn't really think there was a kit to tell me if my tank had JF's or not.

But hey, if someone invented one and had some flashy packaging I'm sure some dimwit would buy it.

(mental note: create Java Fern Test Kit with shiny packaging)

twobunnyrabbit
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:08 AM
any special for the first person to order on the new store? :D

shake
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:12 AM
Within 2-3 hours if all goes to plan...

2-3 hours are up. :lol: any news?

enigmatic
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:14 AM
Is the time on the server hosting this forum correct? Postings appear to have a timestamp +1 hour from when they are made.

Can't be long to the new site opens :P

Proteus
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:16 AM
time is correct here...

Your profile should be set at +10

Benny
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:16 AM
45 mins is up!

Xtreme
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:17 AM
GREAT NEWS PEOPLE!!!

Aquarium Supplies Australia is minutes away from launching, and just for everyone, we are happy to announce that their will be a discount on all ADA products of 20%!

Get ready, cos here it comes!! :lol:

enigmatic
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:19 AM
GREAT NEWS PEOPLE!!!

Aquarium Supplies Australia is minutes away from launching, and just for everyone, we are happy to announce that their will be a discount on all ADA products of 20%!

Get ready, cos here it comes!! :lol:

Fantastic - does this mean the stock issues are resolved? Will there be stock of Amazonia from he go?

Xtreme
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:21 AM
We stock the entire range of ADA products, Amazonia 9L will be available early next week. We have plenty of the 3L in stock currently.

mcloughlin2
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:23 AM
Bec, does this mean Xtreme and Pro are running ASA?

samir
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:24 AM
I didn't really think there was a kit to tell me if my tank had JF's or not.

if you do find a java fern, would it double up as a canister filter :wink:

mcloughlin2
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:25 AM
This has got to be a record - Over 5200 views in only a matter of days ... :shock:

Nathan
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:26 AM
Its online!! WWOOOO

mcloughlin2
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:26 AM
I'm in !

triumph1921
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:27 AM
Hey guys

I can get in now

sorry to break the news before u guys officially declare it

i am so stocked ...............its wonderful

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To everybody esle happy shopping

Xtreme
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:27 AM
Aquariums Supplies Australia is now online, welcome to our new adventure, we hope you enjoy your time with us!!

twobunnyrabbit
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:28 AM
its up!

ASA
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:33 AM
In partnership with Xtreme Aquariums, we would like to welcome you to

AquariumSuppliesAustralia.com.au (http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au)

Many of the special items can be found in the AquaDeals section.

To take advantage of the 20% off ADA offer, you will need to enter DFADA20 in the required coupon field at check out, 20% will then be taken off each ADA product.

Currently we have just on 1600 items listed, with most of the main items in stock and ready to ship.

We are still yet to add some of your favourite brands, this will be occurring over the next few weeks, so stay tuned for updates.

Thank you

enigmatic
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:36 AM
GREAT NEWS PEOPLE!!!

Awesome site, my cart is filling up quickly.

How do I get the 20% discount on the ADA products as the prices on the site don't match the prices I got via PM/email?

enigmatic
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:38 AM
We stock the entire range of ADA products, Amazonia 9L will be available early next week. We have plenty of the 3L in stock currently.

I really need the substrate ASAP but ordering 12 3L bags -v- ordering 4 9L bags costs me a lot more.

Nathan
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:39 AM
To take advantage of the 20% off ADA offer, you will need to enter DFADA20 in the required coupon field at check out, 20% will then be taken off each ADA product

i think you missed this

enigmatic
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:42 AM
To take advantage of the 20% off ADA offer, you will need to enter DFADA20 in the required coupon field at check out, 20% will then be taken off each ADA product

i think you missed this

Yup, missed that posting completely - I hadn't refreshed before posting and my reply started a new page.

ASA
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:45 AM
A new thread will be started later tonight, or more than likely in the morning listing all items that are on special.

There are a couple of products which have had there prices reduced to unseen levels in Australia, the trick is, you have to find those ones... lol

Boombastic
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:48 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand racing!!!!

mcloughlin2
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:50 AM
ASA,

Awesome site. I just have a question though. Do you stock dividers for 4x14x20 tanks? :P

Sam.

Proteus
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:52 AM
ASA,

Awesome site. I just have a question though. Do you stock dividers for 4x14x20 tanks? :P

Sam.

Are you talking about the plastic type mesh dividers? if so we can get them in...

Xtreme
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:55 AM
The dividers are in stock, there are 3 sizes, sizes and cost will be posted in the morning.

Wohan, I was meant to tell you I had them, my bad :oops:

Nathan
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:11 PM
i think the site just be very busy as its taking a lot longer then things like this usually would to load!

excellent site proteus, well done an a big thanx for all the work you put in to bring the launch date forward

Xtreme
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:13 PM
To celebrate Aquarium Supplies Australia's launch , these products will be shortly loaded onto the site, and will be available at unbelievable prices.

Ultra Plus Fry Food
(Size 1 - 100 - 200 microns)

Ultra Plus No BS (Brine Shrimp) Fry Food, eliminates the need to raise baby brine shrimp to feed and rear superior fry, or baby fish.

Tests by breeders and hobbyists show that Ultra Plus Fry Food grows fry to equal or bigger size faster and more uniformly than does baby brine shrimp or any other diet tested. In addition, traditionally-fragile strains stopped experiencing typical fry losses and grew at the same rate as more vigorous varieties.

Tests with discus, angels, guppies, bettas, and others yielded extraordinary results. Angel fry, for example, grew faster and took typical angel shape 2 to 3 days earlier than siblings on other diets, including baby brine shrimp. They got to marketable size much earlier as well. There were similar results with other species. For example, a betta strain that normally reached baby-guppy size in 3 weeks reached that size in 2 weeks on Ultra Plus food.

A Close Look at the New Fry Food

Ultra Plus Fry Food comes in two sizes. They share 5 components. The small food (100-200 microns) contains a 6th component not in the larger food (200 - 500 microns).

Component 1 - This is the heart of the foods as far as quantity goes. In the small food, it is 65% by weight. In the larger food, it is 75% by weight. It is very high in protein and also has lots of fat, a very important feature. It seems to be very palatable even on its own, working as an attractant as well as a great food. It contains all the important fatty acids (HUFAs) you have been reading about. These and other critical fatty and oily products are microencapsulated in the food so they do not create excessive oil in the water.

Component 2 - "Flavor-bursting" particles. These make up 10% by weight and are key to getting fry to eat more than they normally might and tempting those that might otherwise be runts to eat enough to catch up with the others. By inducing hearty eating at such an early age, these substances cause fry to eat enough to stretch their tiny stomachs giving them all a good start toward being good eaters for life and large, vigorous adults with that special robust sturdiness we all recognize in superior fishes.

Component 3 - Immune-boosting particles. These make up 5% by weight. Scientific tests abroad indicate that this material bolsters fishes' immune system. It may be partly responsible for the higher survival rates in fragile varieties. And it decreases chances of wildfire infections that can wipe out entire spawns.

Component 4 - Protein booster particles. These make up 5% by weight. They are added to insure that protein, so vital to health and growth, is maximized.

Component 5 - Egg-containing flakes. These make up 5% by weight. Primarily, they add egg protein, completing the high-quality, high-availability protein profile of the food. And they make transition to larger flake food easier when the fry are taken off these special fry foods.

Component 6 - Fat-booster particles. These are present only in the small food and make up 10% of it by weight They give crucial extra fat to very small fry at the time in their lives when they need it most.

How You Feed It

Ultra Plus Fry Food should be kept closed and cool or cold when not in use. As a guide, figure the small food will be right for the small fry of gouramis, rainbow fish, tetras, etc. until they are just over a quarter of an inch long and for angels for about 2 weeks from the day they become free swimming. Guppies can start with the large food but will do better if put and kept on the small food for 2 to 4 weeks, or until they reach a bit over a quarter of an inch in length. For discus, it depends on how long they are left on the parent¹s backs. Whenever you go off the small food, just switch to the larger food. The fishes will need no adjusting, because it is almost identical to the small food but for size. Obviously, you can feed both foods at once if you like. And the larger food can be fed to adult guppies and other small adult fish to produce superior breeders and show fish.

Best way to feed is to take the amount you plan to use, add it to a container of tank- or tap-water, stir well or cover and shake, then simply pour the water and food into the tank. Concentrate on the areas where the fry are but also streak some of the food throughout the tank. The food moves about in the tank, propelled by the currents from your sponge filter or airstone. Alternatively, you can take a very tiny pinch of the food, drop it in the tank and stir the top water gently once or twice.

Earthworm Plus Flakes

For all tropical fish, freshwater, marine, goldfish and small koi

SpiruVeg Flakes

For algae and vegetable eating fish, supplementary food for tropical, marine and goldfish

Ultra Plus Flakes

For all tropical and marine

ANALYSIS:
MIN. CRUDE PROTEIN 44%.
MIN. CRUDE FAT 4.6%.
MAX. CRUDE FIBER 4.6%.
MAX. MOISTURE 8.9%

starreys
i cant seem to find where i register to purchase as it wont allow me to fill an order in, it tells me im not a customer , sorry if im blind

cheers

Sarah

Proteus
I just ran some checks on the server, load times are a little slower than they should be, but given the massive spike in activity in one hit, there may be some lag.

Aside from potential customers looking around, both the Google & MSN bots are already there spidering through the site (thats why links were put up a few weeks ago)

Proteus
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:16 PM
i cant seem to find where i register to purchase as it wont allow me to fill an order in, it tells me im not a customer , sorry if im blind

cheers

Sarah

Once you have loaded products into your cart, proceed to the check out area. That is where you fill out your information in a totally secure environment.

Depending on what Browser you are using, apparently at login a warning has popped up a few times saying the next page might not be secure. Ignore this (the padlock will be down the bottom right corner still). There is a cell or image somewhere on that page which isnt behaving. That should be rectified very soon.

starreys
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:19 PM
thanks its working now sorry i think lack of sleep didnt help me either lol,

cheers

shake
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:20 PM
:wave2 :blob :thumb :thumb :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Davo
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:20 PM
Gday guys,

Will you be stocking Seachem Prime?

Thanks,
Dave.

ASA
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:24 PM
Gday guys,

Will you be stocking Seachem Prime?

Thanks,
Dave.

Not at the moment, but we should be soon.

However we actually have a product which is twice as concentrated, and a lot cheaper (someone else mentioned it earlier in this thread).

Biotec Water Ager ACN, 1ml treats 70L, 5ml treats 350L.

Totally neutralizes chlorine, chloramine & ammonia. Detoxifies heavy metals and assists with slime coat protection.

Nathan
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:29 PM
will you be stocking seachem liquid ferts?

Proteus
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:30 PM
refer to previous reply

twobunnyrabbit
Well just placed an order for a number of goodies. Will see how long it takes to get here. :wink:

Davo
I think they already stock the basic Seachem ferts.

Dave.

Proteus
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:31 PM
I think they already stock the basic Seachem ferts.

Dave.

Not yet...

As was stated before, several leading brands are yet to be added.

Davo
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:38 PM
Pro,

I did a search re Seachem products and 3 x pages of Seachem ferts popped up.

It may be a gremlin in the system. I am not a computer geek. I will leave that up to you guys.

Dave.

Cuong
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:38 PM
Very nice stuff guys and well done on the price!

Is there a stand available for order for the Orca RA tanks?

Proteus
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:40 PM
Well just placed an order for a number of goodies. Will see how long it takes to get here. :wink:

I would be safe to say within a day or 2 :wink:

Proteus
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:42 PM
Pro,

I did a search re Seachem products and 3 x pages of Seachem ferts popped up.

It may be a gremlin in the system. I am not a computer geek. I will leave that up to you guys.

Dave.

In actual fact there is over 250 Seachem products already listed, loaded and priced. The few that you can access only by doing a search are locked off anyway (wont allow you to order them). Once the site is refreshed you will find they probably wont be there anymore.

Nathan
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:44 PM
still there.

havn a bit of an issue signing up, i sent a PM to ASA

Davo
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:46 PM
Pro,

Thanks for that.

Nathan
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 12:56 PM
Thx for fixing it :D