PDA

View Full Version : New additions

FishLover
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 08:03 PM
I was given three 6"+ red turqs over the weekend. Yes, free of charge :D :D :D :D !

I had to drive about 90 miles(120 km?) to get them. They are all healthy and BIG and beautiful. The person gave to me was moving and he could not take them with him. Bad to him and good for me.

I'm so surprised to see these 6"+ discus in my 125 g tank. They are so BIG and THICK . They are about 3/4" thick and 6" wide without tail!

I now have 8 4" discus in the tank with them (yes, I had to give away 3 of my current discus to make room for them). They make my current discus so small. I'm thinking if all of them grow to be that size, I may need a bigger tank. :)

One of them started eating a bit already this morning. The other two are kind of shy atm and I hope they can start to eat soon. I transported them in a 5 g backet and turned my car heater really high in order to keep the temp up. They all made the 1.5 hour trip without any problems.

Merrilyn
Wed Oct 11, 2006, 03:36 AM
Congratulations on getting those lovely discus. It was well worth the drive to get them.

Pretty normal for new adult discus to be a bit shy at first, in their new tank. They'll soon settle in, and be back to eating normally. Sounds like they're nice and healthy, so a few missed meals won't hurt them.

Love to see some photos when they're more settled. :P