PDA

View Full Version : Heatwave coming

Robdog
Sat Oct 07, 2006, 01:55 PM
Just read an article on ninemsn that said that there is a heatwave coming to most Australian states this coming week.

"Temperatures will soar into the 30s in Western Australia early in the week,

South Australia will bear the brunt of the scorching conditions on Wednesday, with temperatures climbing into the low 40s,

The heatwave will move across to NSW and Victoria on Thursday and Friday, with temperatures in the low to mid 30s

It is possible that some high temperature records will be broken, especially in South Australia on Wednesday and NSW on Thursday."

Might be a good time to put those ice packs in the fridge and get out the fans :wink:

Ben
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the heads up Rob!

I just read it in today’s paper.

For those that want to keep their water cooler, get those 500ml Chinese type rectangle take away containers, fill with water and freeze. If the aquarium water starts to creep up simply float it in the tank. Don’t add to many, as you don’t want a sudden drop in temperature as this may shock the fish.

nicholas76
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 01:47 AM
Time to turn the tank heaters down a notch!!!

bring on the heat i love it !

Ben
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 02:00 AM

Same here!!!

Nothing like sweating it over a stove when its Over 50.c in the kitchen!!

Robdog
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 02:02 AM
Nothing like flying to Canada in January and stepping off the plane in -4 in shorts and t-shirt.

I hate summer!

nicholas76
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 08:21 AM

Same here!!!

Nothing like sweating it over a stove when its Over 50.c in the kitchen!!

lol im off to noosa in 4 weeks, SUN, fishing and drinking ooh yeah

fish_r
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 08:26 AM
hmmm heard it on the radio today and it worried me,
might have to take a sickie to look after my fish :)

samir
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 08:38 AM
i don't think it will be a problem. indoor temperature should be much lower and the low 40's temps should only last for an hour or so. i wouldn't worry because back home the temperature would hit 45 degrees everyday during summer with a few 48's and 49's and it never caused any problems with the discus. on the bright side it'll probably knock off most parasites. hopefully some rain follows the heat, that way they'll all spawn together.

Ben
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 09:04 AM

Nick, pop into Aromas and say to Andoni 'Ben says hi'!

Mulisha
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 10:19 AM

Nick, pop into Aromas and say to Andoni 'Ben says hi'!

Well here is Noosa is sunny and i have been drinking all weekend as my friend just turned 18 so it was a party weekend and i feel like so much S%^$ LOL

When ur in Noosa Nich MAC lives about 30mins away :wink:

I hate drinking now :lol:

nicholas76
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 01:11 PM
aah cool

we will be fishing are brains out !!! cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah noosa

Robdog
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 01:47 AM
Looks like this change is going to arrive later in the week on the east coast. Probably around saturday or so. It could be a bit of a false alarm as it will only be around 31 degrees.

fish_r
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 02:38 AM
from what there telling us in Adelaide wed and thurs will be 35c...

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 03:53 AM
Time to get out your gravel vacs and increase the water changes.

Clean tanks survive the heat much better than dirty ones.

Turn tank lights off and remove cover glass to allow the heat to escape.

Good luck everyone.

Mulisha
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 04:52 AM
I'm not totaly sure about this but if you dirrect a a fan that breaks even slightly the water on the tanks will lower the temp a fair bit?

I'm not completly sure but i thought it would lower the temp a fair bit .. :oops: