PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Brown and Green Discus Juv??

oldgreymonkey
Fri Oct 06, 2006, 12:24 AM
After a leak and other problems my aquarium is finally ready for discus.

To start I'm looking for 3. Depending on quality and price i'm looking for either of the following:

Green, Brown, Blue Tur, Red Tur, snake skins (Juv sizes or a bit bigger is fine)

I'm not sure what breeders have available, so any ideas would be great - especially concerning the brown and green (does anyone breed them, is it even possible - I have no idea). I have been looking around at the many LFS, including SLS etc. but i'm keen to hear what the local breeders have.

I cant pick up until approx 2 weeks time (I'm away) so there's no rush.

Cheers to all
Adrian

goldenpigeon
Fri Oct 06, 2006, 12:28 AM
hey mate,

i can ship some red turqs to you. i have a male and a female here, female is 11cm and male is about 16cm.

i also have an orange pigeon if your interested.

mistakes r crucial
Fri Oct 06, 2006, 02:05 AM
Hi Adrian,

I have a batch of Wild Brown/BD growing out and although they are at least 6 weeks away from being ready they look like being a very interesting fish. They have the bars of the Brown with silver bellies and silvery blue bodies.
Cheers
MAC

Robdog
Fri Oct 06, 2006, 04:00 AM
Are you after something like these?

mistakes r crucial
Fri Oct 06, 2006, 05:06 AM
YUM!!

ren
Fri Oct 06, 2006, 05:28 AM
those look beaut !

how much rob?

Dee
Fri Oct 06, 2006, 06:47 AM
Great looking discus Rob, love those wilds .... where is that pic from mate ?

oldgreymonkey
Fri Oct 06, 2006, 07:12 AM
Rob - yep, that's what i'm talking about! Very nice browns mate (am I right, the colour on my PC is a bit off at the moment). Do you know of any like those available?

MAC - Interesting strain your creating there, i'd like to see what they look like when their ready for a new home – keep us posted....

goldenpigeon - the two red turks sound interesting, but they are probably a bit bigger than I want. I’d like to grow them to that size myself though…

I'd probably rather picking them up myself from Sydney; I'm not a huge fan of shipping fish. But in saying that, if the fish are worth it then I may change my mind.

mistakes r crucial
Fri Oct 06, 2006, 08:24 AM
LoL Adrian, it wasn't intentional believe me.
MAC

Robdog
Fri Oct 06, 2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah sorry for teasing. I took that photo at the Amazon display at Vancouver Aquarium last year.
I wish that was my tank and that I had extras to sell off!!

oldgreymonkey
Sat Oct 07, 2006, 01:11 AM
Rob, great photo, pitty its not your tank, or mine, maybe one day........