PDA

View Full Version : Silly question, but need help ...

mcloughlin2
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 12:28 PM
Can anyone help me here - why do i see some people on pleco forums write pleco like this pl*co?

Sorry if it is something obvious, but i'm only getting into catfish & plecos in a bigger way recently ... :oops:

Cheers!

Merrilyn
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 12:39 PM
No such thing as a silly question, especially not on this forum :wink:

It's actually just a superstition. When pleco's were first discovered, very little was known about them and their tank requirements so lots of specimens were lost. It was thought that writing their name out in full was inviting trouble, so the name was altered to pl*co.

mcloughlin2
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks for that Merrilyn. :D

*Chris*
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 03:24 PM
god of wisdom that one
i dont htink there is anything she doesnt know
EXAI

bushie
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 11:26 PM
oh great lady of wisdom!
if it is true that you know the meaning of life and all things good,
can you please tell me who is going to win the melbourne cup so I can get my bets on early.
thanking you in advance
BUSHIE

*Chris*
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 11:28 PM
its her contact list that makes her the god of wisdom LOL the wonders of msn LOL
no i shoudnt say that ladyred has a text book for a brain and can pull out names and dates and info not to mentin dosage rates from thin air
wish i could do that
EXAI

Robdog
Fri Oct 06, 2006, 02:01 AM
I bet she doesn't know the Baltimore Ravens will win the Superbowl this season. They are paying $17 so everyone get your bets in.

bushie
Fri Oct 06, 2006, 11:01 AM
maybe we should have bets as to when a melbourne side gets into ( let alone wins ) a grand final. :lol: ....... hahahahhahahhhahaaahaah
go eagles you good thing...... :wink: