PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 2ftX2ft x 18in tank or near enough?

Jadels
Tue Oct 03, 2006, 01:38 AM
Hey,

My mum is after a tank thats 2ftx 2ft x 18in for a display in her bathroom for a couple of gold fish and some weed... so can anyone help me out. Also a tank builder that could do this may help?

Thanks in advance

Jade

Pm me or emial jadegesell@hotmail.com or leave a message here with the price and size.

DR.V
Tue Oct 03, 2006, 12:21 PM
A fishtank in the bathroom wont be a good idea ...

Th0mas
Tue Oct 03, 2006, 02:43 PM
A fishtank in the bathroom wont be a good idea ...

Yeah, temperature variation plus soapy steam, etc. Not really great for fish indeed.

Jadels
Tue Oct 03, 2006, 09:30 PM
Before jumping to assumptions you should find out exactly what is being talked about here. It is for a feature and a gold fish may not even go into it (mum's not sure yet), its at the entrance to a bathroom which is very open. Its been done before and will be done again. Its completely different to what you guys will be expecting and when its done i will take a photo. But in a multi million dolllar home, anything can be done.

But thanks for your concern.

d6c1
Wed Oct 04, 2006, 04:07 AM
Maybe you should have been more clear in your post..

Get a custom tank maker to make the tank for you in that designated spot. That way you are be sure its a nice perfect fit... otherwise yoour multi million dollar home wont look nice otherwise.

Jadels
Wed Oct 04, 2006, 07:24 AM
Haha... I dont have to be more specific, all i want is a tank that exact size which is the exact size for the place in the bathroom... Thanks anyway but they do exist in that size.

Th0mas
Wed Oct 04, 2006, 08:32 AM
Oh well, only trying to help.....

If the detail isn't that important, then why let us know it's going in the bathroom in the first place. Just say you want a tank of that size and there won't be responses relating to the location it's going.

Enough said.

Thomas.

samir
Wed Oct 04, 2006, 08:53 AM
why not just go to your local lfs and have them build it for you ?

Robdog
Wed Oct 04, 2006, 09:02 AM
I don't think that's an option Samir, unless it's a multi million dollar LFS it won't fit!

mcloughlin2
Wed Oct 04, 2006, 09:32 AM
Really in this situation you only have one option, get the tank built yourself!

On a forum 8 out of 10 times the tank is not as in new condition ... It will often have scatches, or even a pieces of glass chipped out ...

Now for a display tank, you really don't want that. You could try Xtreme aquariums one of our sponsers as they build high quality tanks. :wink: ..

Now yes a forum is cheaper but if someone can afford a house that much, surely they can afford the $200 or so to have a tank built .... :P .. And plus a new tank may last 10years or more ... one bought off a forum may only last 2 ...

HTH

Jadels
Sat Oct 07, 2006, 11:07 AM
Well yes i have had some replies about this tank i was just curious if anyone had one new or old because sometimes you do get display quality second hand and because only 2 sides will be seen if its near to perfect thats good enough. I'm entitled to ask to see if anyone has anything or if someone can build it but obviously thats not allowed around here!!!