PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a 240 gallon?

bnii
Sun Oct 01, 2006, 04:29 AM
Local fish store is going out of business, and they have a 240 gallon fully stocked plant tank. It has ghost anmd cherry shrimp, neon tetras, and other asst. small fish. Tons, and I mean tons of live fresh water rock and plants, a undergravel heated wire, the lid and stand, 2 fluval 404's and 4 HUGE metal halide lights. They offered it to me for $1000. I have room at my house, but do I want to tear this down, and set it up? I know I need to secure the florr from under the house, but I am not looking forward to tearing it down. I would then have a 240 gallon, 2 55 gallons, and a 20 gallon, not to mention 2 boas, 1 dog, and 1 cat. Ok I need feedback please, I am having a stress attach about trying to decied. Thanks

mcloughlin2
Sun Oct 01, 2006, 05:14 AM
Yes, Yes, YES!

Grab it i reckon! Its a steal and once set up you wont regret it ... Try bargain with the shop owners ... If they are going out of business they wont have much choice but to sell it ! :D

FishLover
Sun Oct 01, 2006, 11:54 PM
Just be careful that you don't damage the tank.

Robdog
Mon Oct 02, 2006, 01:09 PM
Grab it and run like the wind. I reckon that's a steal mate

ren
Mon Oct 02, 2006, 02:42 PM
take it take it take it!!!!

FishLover
Mon Oct 02, 2006, 06:29 PM
I would add some more filter capacity if you are going to use it as a fish tank. Fluval 404 is only good up to 100 g, and I think two of them are only good up to 200 g.

If you are going to have small number of fish and lots of plants, I guess it is ok. If you are going to put more fish in there, I will add one more Fluval. I think they are up to 5 now. So you will need another 405.

dntx5b9
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 03:04 PM
Adding flooring support is going to be a lot of work. But otherwise, if you have the money, I would take it, and I would also try to negotiate on the price some more. Good luck!

bnii
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 03:53 AM
Well unfortunalty, someone already bought it. Im sure they had fun tearing it down just to set it back up again. Oh well, my loss