PDA

View Full Version : red golden diamond

forrest
Sat Sep 30, 2006, 01:44 AM
hi all,
im sharing some pic of the RGD n Albino RGD from the creator taken while i was on my business.

rgds,
forrest.

forrest
Sat Sep 30, 2006, 01:47 AM
RGD....

Merrilyn
Sat Sep 30, 2006, 02:46 AM
Wonderful photos Forrest.

Were you actually at the breeder's farm.

If you have any more photos, we'd love to see them.

Lee C
Sat Sep 30, 2006, 10:52 AM
Nice shape :P

nicholas76
Sun Oct 01, 2006, 10:52 AM
WOWSER

now they are the hottest red fish i have seen in ages!

*Chris*
Sun Oct 01, 2006, 11:14 AM
*drool*
EXAI

Mulisha
Sun Oct 01, 2006, 11:18 AM
Nice fish mate they look awersome.. 8-)

samir
Sun Oct 01, 2006, 12:23 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ben
Sun Oct 01, 2006, 12:52 PM
I have seen some excellent discus in my time but those just take the cake!!

goldenpigeon
Sun Oct 01, 2006, 12:55 PM
i think the albinos actually have a much more intense red! they are big fat fish with great shape too! gimme some albino RGD! :D

nicholas76
Sun Oct 01, 2006, 12:59 PM
They do have that much desired blood red colouring dont they!

I also love the outer white ring ! Wilds typically have that ring feature too, but these are amazing.

dam shame we will never see fish like this for sale

goldenpigeon
Sun Oct 01, 2006, 01:02 PM
that white ring also draws me in nick! makes the fish a little more interesting i think. i love the look of them!

oh what i would do for 10 of those fish....... :D

Kaiser
Wed Oct 04, 2006, 09:43 AM
wow man. love these red fish

forrest
Wed Oct 04, 2006, 03:55 PM
Wonderful photos Forrest.

Were you actually at the breeder's farm.

If you have any more photos, we'd love to see them.

hi all n ladyred,
thx all for the commends.the breeder is the creator of
rgd,LIP.more pics taken from his farm.

forrest.

brew3
Sat Oct 07, 2006, 03:48 AM
Hey forrest,
We need more pictures of Lip's fish so that we could drool on them.
Those are nice looking discus and difficult to get, thanks for sharing them.
How about some pictures of Tony Tan's fish from Ipoh, he took the 2006 Duisburg Show by storm.

Mario

:) :) :) :)

dizkuz
Sat Oct 07, 2006, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the photos forrest..... i see u and mario at every places dudes!
U to are the 2 person i see everywhere
:D

Nice too see u 2 here also do!!!!!

Ps lovely fish do!

Robdog
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 01:56 AM
Nice to be seen by you diskuz do!

mistakes r crucial
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 02:55 AM
Nice bunch of female RGD's there Forest, you'll see a couple of the creators males on this forum very soon.
MAC

forrest
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 02:32 PM
hi mac,
it seems like u know about the RGD very well.hope u can put up some pic in this threadto share as well.thx

forrest.

brew3
Sun Oct 08, 2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the photos forrest..... i see u and mario at every places dudes!
U to are the 2 person i see everywhere
:D

Nice too see u 2 here also do!!!!!

Ps lovely fish do!

Hi diskuz,
It's nice seen you over here, too and how are your discus coming along.
This is a very helpful forum.
Mario

samir
Mon Oct 09, 2006, 09:25 AM
Nice bunch of female RGD's there Forest, you'll see a couple of the creators males on this forum very soon.
MAC
just a couple of questions for you regarding getting males. i've heard that red melons are 99% female. have you had any experience of that kind ?? i think i've got two red melon pairs from 4 fish. one is confirmed. the males seem to have slightly less red in the middle. am i just lucky or is the 99% female theory wrong ???

brew3
Mon Oct 09, 2006, 04:16 PM
hi mac,
it seems like u know about the RGD very well.hope u can put up some pic in this threadto share as well.thx

forrest.

I would like to see that too.
Mario

Hi Samir,
Regarding the issue of 99% of red melons from a spawn are female that's wrong, you are right regarding the females are redder than the males.
Mario

mistakes r crucial
Mon Oct 09, 2006, 08:43 PM
I don't know about Red Melons but I have been told by a very reliable source that 99% of Gold Leopards and Solid Reds are female. The reason I believe that is because out of 20 fish I have they are all female, every single one of them. The pics will be posted today as soon as I have resized them.
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Mon Oct 09, 2006, 09:00 PM
This is one of 2 RGD males I bought recently to pair with Solid Red females. I am told they are from the source of the RGD.
MAC

brew3
Mon Oct 09, 2006, 10:52 PM
Sorry old buddy, what you posted is a golden diamond and not a red golden diamond. That's what an RGD look like.
Mario

mistakes r crucial
Mon Oct 09, 2006, 11:05 PM
So tell me, how do you create a RGD? Might it be one of those I've posted crossed with one of these. I spose 2 out of 3 aint bad lol, I got the
Gold Diamond bit right.
MAC

marg
Mon Oct 09, 2006, 11:47 PM
Wow they are beautiful Mac. Lovely shape :D

marg.

mistakes r crucial
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 12:02 AM
Thanks Marg, they're a very nice fish.
MAC

forrest
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 12:42 AM
hi mac,
u have nice fishes there.
those u posted on the 1st n 2nd pic r the same fish,it is not a RGD.it could be a golden,maybe with pigeon gene.3 rd pic for sure they r not RGD,they r melon.they could be lot of nice fishes from the outcome of offsprings but im sorry that i ve to tell, u will get none RGD with those fishes.
last thing i ve to say,u ve some nice melon,great job u ve done. :wink:

rgds,
forrest.

brew3
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 12:54 AM
hi mac,
u have nice fishes there.
those u posted on the 1st n 2nd pic r the same fish,it is not a RGD.it could be a golden,maybe with pigeon gene.3 rd pic for sure they r not RGD,they r melon.they could be lot of nice fishes from the outcome of offsprings but im sorry that i ve to tell, u will get none RGD with those fishes.
last thing i ve to say,u ve some nice melon,great job u ve done. :wink:

rgds,
forrest.

The pictures of the other fish are red melons.
Mario

mistakes r crucial
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 01:00 AM
So you still haven't told us, what do you cross to get a RGD?
MAC

brew3
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 01:17 AM
The RGD was crossed with a Pure Golden x Red Cover with not a drop of PB gene in them and then upgraded with something else, that is the part of the breeder's secret. There is no pigeon blood gene in the crossing and they do not have any specks of black on them.
Mario

ozarowana
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 01:22 AM
Great looking fish everyone.

I believe RGD were created from San merah X Golden (as in original brown mutation golden). ie no PB

brew3
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 01:29 AM
I believe they were created from San merah X Golden (as in original mutation golden)

The original mutation was GoldenX Red Cover and not San Merah it was upgraded later with something else, that's the breeder's trade secret.
Mario

ozarowana
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 01:33 AM
Were red covers derived from san merahs?

brew3
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 01:39 AM
Were red covers derived from san merahs?

Red cover's are derived from rose red's. You can even see some of the RGD's have a band on the eye and If they are San Merah it shouldn't have any.
Mario

ozarowana
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the info. :D

samir
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 03:28 AM
I don't know about Red Melons but I have been told by a very reliable source that 99% of Gold Leopards and Solid Reds are female. The reason I believe that is because out of 20 fish I have they are all female, every single one of them. The pics will be posted today as soon as I have resized them.
MAC
Thanks Mac. I had another look at my fish today (netted then all and looked at their behinds) and there's only one male, so i went to pick a couple of males from the guy i get my fish from, and guess what,of 11 he had, all were female :? :? :? :? :? what a bummer.

mistakes r crucial
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 03:49 AM
Hi Samir,

I've solved my problem or at least Kev did, I've got Red Gold Diamond males, sorry, I meant Gold Diamond males to spawn with my reds. Will be interesting to see what they throw.
MAC

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 04:15 AM
I don't think we have ever seen any RGD males in this country. They are very, very hard to find. All the breeders in Singapore are complaining about not being able to get males.

I imported my RGD pairs 12 months ago. First to arrive in the country. Of those 6 fish, 4 were confirmed females, and the males I believe to have some pigeon blood in them.

The females stayed clean, even during spawning, but the males showed slight peppering. So definately not true RGD males. As you said Mario, there is no pigeon blood in Red Gold Diamonds.

I've got a fish importer friend going to Singapore in November, who is going to try to source two pairs of true RGD for me, so fingers crossed.

These are my RGDs. Note the black on the edge of the dorsal of the two males. A sign that they are not pure.

Beware of brightly coloured young fish with green faces :shock:

Hormones do funny things to discus. :? Including causing an early death.

samir
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 04:51 AM

any idea how long it takes for the green to fade :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
you meant envy did'nt you ???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

brew3
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 05:02 AM
I don't think we have ever seen any RGD males in this country. They are very, very hard to find. All the breeders in Singapore are complaining about not being able to get males.

I imported my RGD pairs 12 months ago. First to arrive in the country. Of those 6 fish, 4 were confirmed females, and the males I believe to have some pigeon blood in them.

The females stayed clean, even during spawning, but the males showed slight peppering. So definately not true RGD males. As you said Mario, there is no pigeon blood in Red Gold Diamonds.

I've got a fish importer friend going to Singapore in November, who is going to try to source two pairs of true RGD for me, so fingers crossed.

These are my RGDs. Note the black on the edge of the dorsal of the two males. A sign that they are not pure.

Hi Merrilyn,
I'm helping somebody out regarding some true RGD's in November, I don't know If it is the same person that you are referring to.
Why don't you send me a PM stating who it is.
Thanks
Mario

brew3
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 05:05 AM
Hi Merrilyn,
What do you think about the discus on this picture.
Mario

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 01:28 PM
Fantastic fish Mario. I hope my friend brings back some looking like that ................ including the males :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

forrest
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 02:33 PM

hi merrilyn,
the male rgd r not hard to find at all.problem is,ppl always picked those with full red n left those with line or less color to the breeder,end up they found that what they get r mostly female.
pls let me know,what u guys will say if we send out fishes like below as RGD?

discusme
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 03:28 PM
Hi Forrest,

Can you please post pics of male and female ? Just would like to compare the color. I would like to find out how much they are different.

Cheers,
Ronny

discusme
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 03:29 PM
Sorry, i mean adult pics of male and female :D. Thanks :)

samir
Wed Oct 11, 2006, 06:16 AM
i finally got the info i needed on the reds/females issue. if one picks out only the full red coloured fish then there will be 99% females. so forrest is right and i am less confused :D . the hard part would be finding a RGD or red melon male with the same colouring as the female.

Merrilyn
Wed Oct 11, 2006, 07:54 AM
Forrest, that makes a lot more sense. Thankyou very much for that explanation.

I assume what you have pictured is a male, or perhaps a group of males. Indeed your buyers are not going to be very pleased unless they are aware that the males look like that, and if they want to breed true RGD they have to accept males coloured like that.

Had I known that males are all coloured like that, I would have been happy to accept them, because I wanted to breed them. I think you'll find that most breeders here in Australia would have accepted them too.

Thankyou forrest. I appreciate that you took the time to answer our questions and post those photos. :P

brew3
Wed Oct 11, 2006, 07:35 PM
Hi Merrilyn,
Better luck with your fish next time, your importer friend should be able to bring the real stuff back.
I hope that the RGD's issue has been cleared.
Mario

dizkuz
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 08:37 AM
MAC

Sorry for hijacking this subject!!!! :oops:

I had too ask about the golden lepard! Is this for real about 99% get to be females???
Never heard about this before!
We just got 11 of then to our spotted collection to work with in the near future... so we will probably have, let say 10 females and 1 males then????

What happen to all males?
Does it work as in GRD that male get less color full?
Does the male turn out as true golden?
Or just genetic thing that makes them with out males?

sound wierd do!!!!

Best regard Dizkuz in sweden!

samir
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 09:09 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: where are you people getting all these fish from ???? i just love your fish.

forrest
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 04:33 PM
Sorry for hijacking this subject!!!! :oops:

I had too ask about the golden lepard! Is this for real about 99% get to be females???
Never heard about this before!
We just got 11 of then to our spotted collection to work with in the near future... so we will probably have, let say 10 females and 1 males then????

What happen to all males?
Does it work as in GRD that male get less color full?
Does the male turn out as true golden?
Or just genetic thing that makes them with out males?

sound wierd do!!!!

Best regard Dizkuz in sweden!

hi dizcuz,
golden leopard n golden lss r hard to find the male as well as the pure golden.i think it is because of they were derived from the the pure golden(genetic).
even now,lot of the breeder who breed these fishes r still using the GLSSi(golden lss intermediate)which look a like as a normal lss.im not breeding these fishes,those r only what i heard or seen from other breeders.correct me if im wrong.

rgds,
forrest.

dizkuz
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks bro forrest for clearing this out for me... i did put this at simply also and no answer for me!!! :?:

So really dude, thanks!!!!! but this are going to be breed with some scarlett from david lim do from singapore!!!! :D

mistakes r crucial
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 07:31 PM
You're right Forrest. Dizkuz you'll need an intermediate male to put the red spots on the fry, one of these below.
MAC

G-1000
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 02:11 PM
To throw in my 2 cents.

I presumably have a male RGD judging by its vent, which I notice has black colouration throughout all of its fins (to various degrees) except the dorsal fin. I am not sure if this is meant to be like this.

However, I have noticed that the growth rate on RGD's at least in my experience is above average...

They also seem to take longer to mature - I havent seen any indication of interest in spawning from the RGD I have yet.

Breeding RGD in theory is easy enough I guess.

Cross an intensely coloured red rose (or san merah) with a PURE CLEAN golden with as much yellow colouration as possible.

Breed them and then inbreed the F1 from the first crossing. Then the RGD emerges.

I personally cant be bothered to spend all the time doing it though.

G

samir
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 02:14 PM
G how old is the rgd ???

G-1000
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 02:19 PM
Based on the size of the body, compared to eye size etc.

I would say its between 12-14 months old

G

Merrilyn
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 01:35 AM
To throw in my 2 cents.

I presumably have a male RGD judging by its vent, which I notice has black colouration throughout all of its fins (to various degrees) except the dorsal fin. I am not sure if this is meant to be like this.

G

Unfortunately G it sounds like you have a marlboro red, just like mine. RGD should have NO black in any of the fins. They should be all white.

I think you'll find that when you do mate this male, you will get a percentage of peppered fry. As the experts say, there is no pigeon blood in the RGD line. Peppering means you didn't get a pure RGD.

I think this has been a bitter (and expensive) lesson for all of us. :?

G-1000
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 03:11 AM
Is there any chance that using carophyll pink could account for the difference in colour between what we all have here in OZ and what the breeders pictures show us all from overseas?

G

Merrilyn
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 03:31 AM
Colour feeding could certainly intensify an existing red colour, but as you can see from the photos above, the females naturally carry a much more intense red colour than the males.

If you want a stunning red display fish, then a female RGD given one of the safe food additives would be the way to go. There are several excellent discus foods on the market, with a natural colour enhancer. Breeder's Blend comes to mind. A very good flake food with added natural astaxanthin, and it certainly works on red fish.

I'd stay away from anything that has been treaded with hormones before shipping to Australia. The colour is so red, it just about glows in the dark, but the fish is usually sterile, and will have a very short life expectancy, of around 12 months, and yes, I do speak from experience here.

brew3
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 02:44 AM
Colour feeding could certainly intensify an existing red colour, but as you can see from the photos above, the females naturally carry a much more intense red colour than the males.

If you want a stunning red display fish, then a female RGD given one of the safe food additives would be the way to go. There are several excellent discus foods on the market, with a natural colour enhancer. Breeder's Blend comes to mind. A very good flake food with added natural astaxanthin, and it certainly works on red fish.

I'd stay away from anything that has been treaded with hormones before shipping to Australia. The colour is so red, it just about glows in the dark, but the fish is usually sterile, and will have a very short life expectancy, of around 12 months, and yes, I do speak from experience here.

Hi Merrilyn,
The importer friend of yours should be bringing about 40 RGD's from the creator Ung Seng Lip back to Australia next month, arrangement has been made and they should be between 2 - 3" in size when collected.
That's the best that I could do.
Mario

Merrilyn
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 03:32 AM
Mario that's wonderful news. Thankyou very much. I'm very happy.

Thankyou. :wave2

G-1000
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 03:44 AM
LR

If those actual RGD's are available to buy (i.e someone like me) let me know how much they would be plz...

Ta

G

Merrilyn
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 03:55 AM
Sure will G. I'm taking about ten of them, so there will be plenty for sale. Not sure of prices, won't know till closer to the date, but I'll keep you informed.

brew3
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 02:59 AM
Look at some of the BD's from Forrest.
Mario

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

samir
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 06:52 AM
those are very nice fish.
1. do you have a website Forrest ?
2. do you export and are registered with aqis ?
3. if yes to question 2. could you do tropicals as well ?
4. what other strains do you breed ?

dizkuz
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 06:27 PM
Love this subject!!! Nice photos all!!!!
Back again and do some hijackt, sorry :oops:

I have be thinking for a time now about the breeding process whit our Golden lepards, That we want to put together with some athor discus!
but we really want to have the golden base in them!

"Pure Golden x Leopard Snake
= F1 Golden Leopard Snake intermediate

At F1 stage of such a crossing, all the resultant off-spring would be golden-intermediates, as one of the parent fish is a pure Golden.

If we do an F1 x F1, a percentage of its resultant F2 might be PGs, but this would depend on the hereditary percentage of golden-gene from the PG parent into this F1 breeders. Thus, back-crossing the F1 to a PG specimen would probably result in a higher percentage of PG off-spring, although this would really again depend on the presence of the golden-gene in the F1. "

So this will not be the same for ous then?
because our are GLP...less strong genetics?

RSG X Golden Lepard = F1 intermediate golden and 100% no golden base at all i think!!??
F1 intermediate x F1 intermediate = outbreeed Less than 20% golden base?
or less because this aint pure goldens? "i mean GLS and not pigeons"

And wich way would u all go with this

Cross them whit what for best future pattern?

Scarlets
Redspottedgreen
Lepards
Ringlepards
Lepardsnakeskins
Snakeskins
pigeon lepards homebreed "I know to watch out to put some pigoen gen in them" but i love this once:D

please help me out whit this haedache!!! :lol:

forrest
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 01:33 PM
some of mario's favorites

discusme
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 02:47 PM
very nice forrest :). I think Mario needs albino blue diamond as well :D.

Mario, when are you getting those ? I need to make my holiday plan :D.

Cheers,
Ronny

brew3
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 08:34 PM
very nice forrest :). I think Mario needs albino blue diamond as well :D.

Mario, when are you getting those ? I need to make my holiday plan :D.

Cheers,
Ronny

Very nice looking yellow albinos', forrest
Thanks
Mario

Hi Ronny,
I have both strains coming either the end of November or beginning of December, from Lip and Tan.
Lip's will be the yellow albino and Tan's the albino BD's - sell my wife before hand. :lol: :lol:
Mario

elvip
Fri Oct 20, 2006, 12:10 AM
Thay are BEAUTIFUL fish - my wish list just keep growing!! :D
Cheers
Elvip

forrest
Tue Nov 14, 2006, 07:43 AM
This is one of 2 RGD males I bought recently to pair with Solid Red females. I am told they are from the source of the RGD.
MAC

hi all,
i ve double check on the post that i posted n find that i may have made a mistake on the picture that "mistakes r crucial" posted on the fish with striation.lot of the male RGD r with striation on the forehead(like golden).becos of the coloration of the fish(maybe differetnt food),i have stated that it is not a RGD n found that i could be wrong to judge a fish from the photo .i have to correct myself here n say,if the fishes appear with any black speck on the forehead or fins ,it is not a RGD.
my apologies here for the confusion.

rgds,
forrest.

mistakes r crucial
Tue Nov 14, 2006, 08:54 AM
Forrest,

What can I say under the circumstances? Firstly, birds of a feather flock together, secondly, too little too late! Have you ever heard the saying that a 100,000 Lemmings can't be wrong?

The ball rolls and the evidence gathers, I am a man on a mission!
MAC

brew3
Tue Nov 14, 2006, 08:55 PM
Here a pair of RGD with fry.

mistakes r crucial
Tue Nov 14, 2006, 09:08 PM
Very interesting photograph. Gorgeous fish I might add.
MAC

scott bowler
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 04:11 AM
very nice fish , have to love the little guys there is nothing more beauitful then that .

ivo
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 05:09 AM
Does RGD have any black colour on the body or fin? Brew3 picture is beautiful but i can see black colour on the fish.

mcloughlin2
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 05:28 AM
ivo,

RGD's are suppose to have no peppering. Judging by the picture it isn't peppering on the fish. It looks like the blacko colouring is just a spawning dress. IE: They darken up so they can attract the fry easier.

HTH

scott bowler
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 06:20 AM
hi ladyred was saing about the colour feeding and hormones that are given to fish before shipping to Austraila but i know of things like that that have happened here . when i used to breed discus some years ago a bloke asked and supplied me with some hormones to feed the fish i was supplieing him with only i refused and saied that he would have to do it after he took the fish need less to say i lost him as a customer .the hormone he gave me was methytestosterone (i think thats how it spelled) and i did see fish he had treated with it .it certainly brought out the colour in fish that were way to young to have it .it also made the fish sterile i think

G-1000
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 06:27 AM
I think it needs to be highlighted here that:

RGD's come from red rose lines, so that you would expect to see some darkness in the fins whilst breeding or under stress. That however is brown at best - not black (at least in my eyes).

However, those fish are excellent specimens. You should be proud to have them.

Australia has never had proper RGD's like that imported but I am sure that everyone wishes we did after looking at those pics.

G

mcloughlin2
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 06:31 AM
Alot of discus are colour fed scott. But i generally find it removes the black colouration. :D

What fish did the supplier want you to feed hormones too? I would have refused to sell him fish if he was going to do that. Not only is it unnatural but it can shorten their life and kill them. :!: :evil:

Sam. :)

G-1000
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 06:39 AM
Yes the hormone feeding of fish is certainly a problem.

I just wish there were operators out there who were in a position to provide a premium product themselves.

Naturally that would cost too much money so we wont see top quality naturally raised discus for a while

G

scott bowler
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 06:49 AM
hi mcloughlin2
they were discus we had turks and cobalt with this guy brought at the time but we did stop selling fish to this guy we didnt need the bad rap any way

mcloughlin2
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 07:01 AM
Yes the hormone feeding of fish is certainly a problem.

I just wish there were operators out there who were in a position to provide a premium product themselves.

Naturally that would cost too much money so we wont see top quality naturally raised discus for a while

G

Naturallly good quality discus or a natural food product?

MAC is selling a natural colour enchancing food if thats what you mean. He uses naturose or something. :lol:

mistakes r crucial
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 08:07 AM
There is absolutely no reason why we can't see top quality Discus for sale in this country, and stock that is locally bred, hormone free and value for money. There are some superb breeders here and the people I know that fit in to that category are upfront, honest and good people.

The thing that is really p*****g me off is that a few years ago I became a part of this hobby/business and thought wow, an opportunity to get rid of the corporate bull shitt that I've been involved in for the last 20 years and the opportunity to deal with laid back, honest people who are passionate about their craft. Maybe I was just totally naive because unfortunately I was wrong, there are just as many politics, bull shitt artists and con men involved in the fish game as there are in any other industry. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THAT WAY!!

If only people would realise that in any business the money will come if you do the right thing, be honest and up front. You don't need to lie and cheat and it is so disappointing to see that happen in something that attracts so many nice people and people that are so passionate about a subject/hobby. Maybe it's just the way the world is, driven by greed. Well, the best of luck because in my experience it never lasts and we may well see proof of that fairly shortly. I'll get off my soap box now and I do apologise but it is something that is very close to my ticker.
MAC

G-1000
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 08:08 AM
Naturally good discus.

The fish must be as healthy as possible, then concern yourself with the colour.

But hormones = bad.

G

brew3
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 01:50 PM
Hi Guys,
Thank you very much and those are my buddy's fish, I have been burned too many times with coloured discus and that's how come I'm very picky where I get my fish from nowadays.
Mario

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Proteus
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 07:31 PM
MAC

hi all,
i ve double check on the post that i posted n find that i may have made a mistake on the picture that "mistakes r crucial" posted on the fish with striation.lot of the male RGD r with striation on the forehead(like golden).becos of the coloration of the fish(maybe differetnt food),i have stated that it is not a RGD n found that i could be wrong to judge a fish from the photo .i have to correct myself here n say,if the fishes appear with any black speck on the forehead or fins ,it is not a RGD.
my apologies here for the confusion.

rgds,
forrest.

It should be noted this retraction was made after this person was contacted by the retailer involved who sold the fish under false pretences. Sadly for you Forrest, things are a little too transparent for your retraction to have any sound basis.

Forrest, if you are to maintain any credibility in this community it would be a wise idea to either state the truth according to you, not what Kev has told you to say.

mistakes r crucial
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 07:40 PM
Bit silly from a business point of view too Forrest as you were one of the people on my list to contact regarding the importation of good stock from the farms over there next year. We are in need of a good broker, do you know of one? The prerequisites are simple, honesty and integrity!
MAC

G-1000
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 12:42 AM
I only wish this were viewed as a hobby. Not as a cash-cow for the retailers involved.

Proteus, AOA, Xtreme and MAC you should all be commended in having customer focused businesses which value all of us here on the forums.

I personally reckon all of you are tops ! 8-)

However, there are other operators in the industry, yes everyone knows who I mean - who are essentially treating their customers like crap. It gives me great satisfaction to know that they have what is coming to them.

G

bun
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 02:18 AM
Some VERY impressive discus :shock: Can't wait to get some more :D

Crocky
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 08:25 AM
Alot being said about these rgd and I have merrilyn pair which have raised several spawns which over 200 6cm babies I was growning died from a thing like t.b.I have 20 older ones about 8cm in size showing adult color and few look like Mac so called Male.Then there's some that look like the pair brew posted but most look like the pics merrilyn has posted.
When these fish spawn and have fry, both show a few black spot on the face but male has some black in his fins.So my thinking is there both rgd or there both not meaning there no rgd in Australia at all.In saying that they have produce some nice juvies which 98% have no peppering that in a bb tank.

scott bowler
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 08:40 AM
G 1000 im with you i have only been on this site a short time and the things that have been said have proved to me that theys guys can be trusted and i will support they in any way i can they are the best
scott

Proteus
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 08:46 AM
I only wish this were viewed as a hobby. Not as a cash-cow for the retailers involved.

Proteus, AOA, Xtreme and MAC you should all be commended in having customer focused businesses which value all of us here on the forums.

I personally reckon all of you are tops ! 8-)

However, there are other operators in the industry, yes everyone knows who I mean - who are essentially treating their customers like crap. It gives me great satisfaction to know that they have what is coming to them.

G

To be fair, dont forget G&S in QLD, and Seaview in WA... :wink:

(gotta make sure the love is being shared around)

G-1000
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 09:12 AM
Oooops my bad

Although I havent had any dealings with Seaview or with G&S if Pro said they are good blokes then I am sure they are.

So them too !

G