PDA

View Full Version : Salt Dips..

Mulisha
Thu Sep 28, 2006, 09:23 AM
What does a salt dip do when u put a fish in a bucket with lots of salt for 1 min do?

Can it kill flukes?
Can it fix skin irrations?

I have tried pure prazi and trichflron and thet still have flukes and are skitish big time..

Thanks

samir
Thu Sep 28, 2006, 10:02 AM
salt will control it but the're hard to get rid of completely. you could try formalin in a seperate tank and after treatment putting them back in an absolutely sterile tank. if you dont clean out everything the flukes just come back. keep an eye on the fish during salt bath.

*Chris*
Thu Sep 28, 2006, 11:10 AM
you doubting my advice again rick?
LOL
your a funny bugger
EXAI

Mulisha
Thu Sep 28, 2006, 11:21 AM
LOL EX

Just in my mind putting my discus in a bucket with heaps of salt in it for 1 min just seems cruel LOL

Does anyone else have a oppion on this i'm having a real bad time with flukes i think and they don't want to die.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

goldenpigeon
Thu Sep 28, 2006, 11:37 AM
i hear your putting copper in your tank Rick. want to fill me in on this?

Nathan
Thu Sep 28, 2006, 12:21 PM
try sterazin

Mulisha
Thu Sep 28, 2006, 08:46 PM
Copper WDF? I think ur been smoking copper LOL :lol:

I add water to the tank and prime ..

Who told you this?

Mulisha
Thu Sep 28, 2006, 08:53 PM
try sterazin

Hey Nathan mate i have some of that but i thought IMO the drugs i have already used should have killed them but they keep comming back..

Is Sterzian got a main ingredient i haven't already used?

Becuase i always think in the back of my mind that these flukes/skin irratation/gill irratation keeps becoming immune to the drugs i use..

The discus will rub up against the heater like there is tommorow and for some reason these guys have always been skitish and very shy ..

I haven't used any meds on the tank for just over 2 weeks and now whatever it is now comming back .. :cry:

I do have Sterzian on hand but like i said i thought if these drugs i have already used haven't killed whatever it is i thought the Serzian would have no hope..

Thanks guys for any oppions becuase this starting to bug me.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks once again

fishgeek
Thu Sep 28, 2006, 09:04 PM
the two most common cause's of flashing or itchy fish are external parasites and water quality

prehaps stop using medications and try to get the best quality water for the fish now

praziquantel if dosed correctly will have sorted the presumed fluke issue's

andrew

Mulisha
Fri Sep 29, 2006, 08:05 AM
I'm doing daily 50% w/c and feeding all sorts of food trying to get them good but jee these flukes or waterever it is starting to get to me :cry:

*Chris*
Fri Sep 29, 2006, 08:20 AM
potassium permanganate will fix it up but can be very volitile
so be very careful with it
talk on msn if you need doasage and explanation
EXAI