PDA

View Full Version : Discus tank might be a remnant of my imagination

para
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 10:50 AM
I was cycling my 4 foot tank for Discus. Did a lot research on them on this forums and also others.

But now I have to change plans as my Mrs want a gold fish tank in stead. :cry: bummer. Tried to convince her to change her mind but no prevail as yet.

I have enquired different breeders on this forums for their fry and looks like I'll become a time waster if she don't change her mind soon. Sorry to those that I contact and can't deliver.

Cheers
Para

DR.V
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 11:09 AM
Just get another tank for the goldfish ^^

para
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 11:41 AM
Dr V, not allow any more tanks in the lounge. My last chance of a discus tank is take her to a LFS and show her the fish and let her compare.

Cheers
Parallel

DR.V
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 11:54 AM
Bring her to LFS that has really good quality discus so that she change her mind hehe...

Good luck.

DIY
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 02:05 PM
that's terrible!

not allow any more tanks in the lounge...
any where else you can put a tank?

if it were me (and thankfully it isn't hehe) I'd get another tank and put some really nice discus in it, then get the ugliest boring goldfish I could for the loungeroom.

Make sure all your friends see the discus first and comment on how nice they look, and then show them the goldfish your mrs wanted hehe...

Robdog
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 05:04 PM
Divorce, seperation, there are many words for this para.

*Chris*
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 11:05 PM
i beleive a shovel some lime and some lawn darts are in order
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

para
Tue Sep 26, 2006, 04:14 AM
I'll try to entice her this long weekend with a few visit to the LFS. I want to take her to SLS and RFA. Any good LFS you guys/gals can suggest?

Cheers
Para

chrissyoscar
Tue Sep 26, 2006, 09:21 PM
Tell her you are not interested in a gold fish tank and if she insists then you want no part of it and it'll be her tank and her responsibility.
You can also try and lie by telling her that gold fish only live 6-12mths and that it'll cost a fortune replacing them all the time.
I'm sure once she sees some good quality discus she'll be won over but remember to tell her not to look at the price tags at the aquariums and that through the forum you can get them cheaper.

para
Mon Oct 02, 2006, 11:38 AM
Woo Hoo It works, :lol: now I can look at getting some Juvies to grow them up.

As big Kev would say; I'm excited.

Cheers
Para

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 03, 2006, 04:07 AM
Yaaaay well done.

The art of gentle persuasion.

Welcome to the ranks of discus keepers :P

k0b0i
Tue Oct 03, 2006, 05:34 AM
You can also try and lie by telling her that gold fish only live 6-12mths and that it'll cost a fortune replacing them all the time.

might as well tell her you can keep em in a fish bowl aswell! just change water from the tap! :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: :!: