PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Custom tank stand + hood 615mm X 510mm X 800mm high

nornicle
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 10:41 AM
Hi guys,

I would like to buy the following,

1) raw pine stand 615mm longX 510mm wide, 800mm tall stand, if possible a shelf to hold another 2ft tank underneath it and a canister filter.. so it has to be solid :). in fact BaZ way back when helped me build a 4ft tank stand and that thing was about perfect.. that thing could withstand an earthquake

something like this with more bracing would be perfect http://www.hailesaquariums.com.au/images/monstandraw.jpg

2) raw pine hood 615mm long X 510mm wide and about 120mm high (box shape) identical basically to this design : http://www.aquatics-direct.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=1879&catID=146

if there are any budding wood crafters out there or people who could point me in the right direction :D

Cheers

Richard

P.S time frame would be for delivery ~ 20th of October

Nathan
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 10:55 AM
depending on your LFS they should be able to order what u want from the placre they get there tanks an cabinets made, thats what im going to to do for my next tank

Mulisha
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 11:21 AM
Were do you live?

nornicle
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 11:26 AM
oh geez that would have been helpful

Sydney :D

Randwick :D

Mulisha
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 11:29 AM
Here is my pic of my stand and work bench that i made a few days back..

Hope you like..

Cheers

Rick.

nornicle
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 12:01 PM
those are damn nice..

could an idiot like me go to bunnings get bits of wood cut at the right size and then screw them all together and dash some stain on it myself?

i dont really have any saws or anything :oops: just drills and screw driver bits :D

Mulisha
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 12:23 PM
All you need is:

A Drill cordless will run out of power fast though.. power one is better
I used also a jigsaw
A sander
Some quailty screws..

Mate if you go down to bunnings you can buy a kit which incudes alot of that and it's not that much and you have it for life as well...

When you make a stand best thing is to do cut the wood at the right lengths and say you have put ur stand together and one end 700mm wide and the other is 680mm well what you do is cut both bits of wood for each end the same length 700mm that way it will keep everything square etc..

HTH

Jet_SU
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:32 PM
Keepin it squared :lol:

DR.V
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:53 PM
Hi taybelZ what do you use to cut those "bits" off ? ( I mean the standing wood )

I hope you know what I mean.

Thanks

EDIT : Just added picture

Mulisha
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 08:36 PM
Usally a drop saw is the easyiest and quickest way to go.. 8-)

Jadels
Tue Sep 26, 2006, 01:34 AM
Where is a good place to buy a nice display tank stand and hood on the gold coast? Also if someone has a 3ft setup like this let me know.

Jet_SU
Tue Sep 26, 2006, 07:18 AM
Usally a drop saw is the easyiest and quickest way to go.. 8-)

I used a mitre saw. HTH

DR.V
Tue Sep 26, 2006, 08:50 AM
I used a mitre saw. HTH

Mitre saw ? Something like this?

http://www.europainternational.co.uk/images/Mitre-saw-92102-fromsupplier.jpg

But wont you overcut a bit ?

Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread.....

Thanks

nornicle
Tue Sep 26, 2006, 12:05 PM
no problems im hoping one of you end up so into making woodwork you'll help me in my quest :D