PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hava an opinion on NeWatt heaters?

stardotstar
Sat Sep 23, 2006, 03:32 PM
I am looking for a good 300w heater for a 400L tank

I can get a very good deal on a 250w NeWatt heater which are marketed as quality (3yr wty) and "virtually" unbreakable:

NEWATT HEATER-STATS

Made by the makers of the renowned Visitherm, the NeWatt heaterstat is designed for safe and continuous use with the unique feature of a robust aluminium cylinder which allows all-round heat distribution.

It is protected by a reinforced plastic casing to prevent thermal and mechanical shocks, making it virtually unbreakable.

The NeWatt heater also has a built-in sensor that automatically switches the heater off when out of water and on when re-submerged.

Maximum Aquarium size 200ltrs

Size 35cms

I have been told that manufacturers are moving away from the stainless steel design - I wanted one that would not be a hazard to boistrous cichlids and larger fish...

Pref I want one with the thermostat and a temp reading on the outside of the tank to avoid having a thermometer in the tank.

*Chris*
Sun Sep 24, 2006, 12:53 AM
any heater with a thermo dial on the outside mate has been troublesoem in the past eg stainless steel heaters
the best heaters IMO on the market at the moment for quality and comparitive price is the jager (eheim ) heaters they seem to the job quiwt nicely too
a 300watt jager heater is quoted to do up to 1000 litres
where as most 300watt heaters will do a 4x18 and struggle LOL
it is all up to you mate but jager is kick ass
EXAI